User Tag List

First 12

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

My psychology professor suggested that I may have mild narcolepsy since I have sleep paralysis while I'm going asleep... Which means I slip into REM sleep after a few minutes of closing my eyes. And I do seem to have the symptoms of narcolepsy. I do at times have insomnia and have problems falling asleep at night, but once I'm asleep I'm pretty much dead for 10+ hours.

She was probably right, but I really don't care. I'll only get it checked out when it becomes a problem. I haven't had sleep paralysis for awhile and I usually get it several times a week. Yay me.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INTP

Like many I take forever to fall asleep.

How about content of dreams? I often have dreams where I feel like I'm paralyzed; either I want to yell at someone or hit someone (last time I was being attacked), but I can't say anything or move. Very very creepy. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by sofmarhof View Post
    How about content of dreams? I often have dreams where I feel like I'm paralyzed; either I want to yell at someone or hit someone (last time I was being attacked), but I can't say anything or move. Very very creepy. Anyone else?
    Yes, I can relate. When I was younger, I often dreamt about being separated from my parents in different ways. When I tried to call for their attention, no or very little sound came out. Very frustrating! I still have those dreams. Not about my parents though.

I also have dreams where I'm running from danger, but I can't seem to pick up any speed. Also very frustrating!

MBTI
    xxxx

Does one need to have a sleep disorder in order to be an NT?
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

my dreams are nearly always good like it's showing me what i could become but doesn't show how to get there.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have insomnia. It's better than it use to be but I have at least a few days out of the month where it's maddening. I've tried drugs like Ambien. It works for a couple weeks. I get use to it or something. I've also tried sedatives and narcotic but they leave me hungover the next day so no help there. Exercise does help. All my dreams are vividly colored and they all have the Boogie Nights soundtrack. Ok, not all but a lot do. They're all vivid though. Either terrifyingly so or kinky as all get out. I try to write them down.

Oh I have those too! I hate them. Or I can't find my children. I had one for a while about a baby. I lost her. As in I misplaced her. I found her in a suitcase. She was fine but I have no idea what it means. It was very disturbing. I guess I would to talk to my husband in my sleep during these dreams. He asked me one morning who Sophie-Anne was. I was like....the Queen of Louisiana in True Blood. Why?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP

I also keep dreaming that either I have a deformed baby, or I have a normal baby but haven't been taking care of it. As in, I haven't fed it in 4 days. MAKE IT STOP.

I also keep dreaming that either I have a deformed baby, or I have a normal baby but haven't been taking care of it. As in, I haven't fed it in 4 days. MAKE IT STOP.
    I've had these creepy baby dreams, too. Someone gives me a baby. It looks normal from afar, and when they hand me the baby, I take a closer look at it and its' eyes has turned black!! I drop the baby on its' head in chock.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have no idea where mine are coming from either. I never went days without taking care of my real babies or leaving them in suitcases.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    My psychology professor suggested that I may have mild narcolepsy since I have sleep paralysis while I'm going asleep... Which means I slip into REM sleep after a few minutes of closing my eyes. And I do seem to have the symptoms of narcolepsy. I do at times have insomnia and have problems falling asleep at night, but once I'm asleep I'm pretty much dead for 10+ hours.

She was probably right, but I really don't care. I'll only get it checked out when it becomes a problem. I haven't had sleep paralysis for awhile and I usually get it several times a week. Yay me.
    I've said this elsewhere on the forum, but I also have sleep paralysis multiple times a week. It's not a pleasant experience. Also, no matter how hard I try, I just cannot adapt to a normal sleep schedule. I've tried to force myself to do so, but I revert back to a nocturnal or sleepless pattern as soon as I stop applying pressure of will.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness