User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Default Questions to NTPs. When did you realize that...

...you're not STJ?

Actually, I kinda doubt if most NTPs have a good idea, at least when they were very young, about the notion of multiple intelligence or cognitive processes, and maybe, during their early years, deep within their psyche, they actually believe that they're actually STJs.

For example, when I was 16, I actually took up Social Science in college (something that NTPs are expected to like), and it actually got me a bit bored. My "out of the box" line of thinking would only manifest in full throttle, when I was in my early 20s. I'm now 28. And that's primarily because I find the STJ life to be gripping me already.

Some people influenced me, e.g., a humanist professor, online forums, etc., and that's when things started to connect (this is sooooo Ti)

I started to contemplate recently on how much NeTi-ness was inherent of me when I was younger, or how much I realized of it or otherwise.

Some basic cues:
    1. I hate leadership roles because it gives me unwanted publicity. I'm already an only child; I can't have more attention than what I'm already having. Plus, I already have that weirdo impression. I no longer feel compelled to show off, even if my ESFJ mom wants me to.

2. I don't conform to the stereotypical leader nerd nor the silent math genius nerdy boy either. Though I know I'm smart.

3. I need more relaxation time than actual study time. And I study with the minimum time needed to absorb the maximum amount of info. I don't over-study.

I think most of the NTPs angst stems from

1. ESXJ parent wants the child to be STJ.

2. NTP person blaming himself for discovering NeTi late. And then starts to comtemplate how much of an evolved person he would have been had he realized his NeTi way earlier.

3. Worse, if it's not the MBTI explanation he discovers, it's probably some psychiatric diagnosis that he has Attention Disorder.

Those NTPs who attained a good level of self discovery would probably attain a considerable level of maturity but are probably still disappointed with the fact that they will never be realistically understood by someone else.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I was an introverted intuitive thinker from a very young age (at least since the beginning of the memory), but I also did a lot of sports and was quite decent at it, so I wasn't Se oblivious either. But whenever I wasn't actually focused on something, I've always been pretty sensotarded.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Uhhh I never really showed many SJ characteristics and I certainly never thought I was anything related to STJs, even after discovering and studying MBTI. As a child I hated everything SJs represented.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

The one trait that stood out pretty well in my childhood, and still occasionally shines bright, is my lack of Si.
    5 3 9

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I agree with the first point. My mother is an ESTJ, and in my younger years would try to mold me into her own image, with insights stemming from her own values. This wasn't always a bad thing. She always stressed the importance of working hard. One of her mottos is "You get out of life what you put in". Which is true, most of the time. There were times she would go overboard, calling my lack immediate action as laziness and including other destructively critical comments. Any angst I had came from the fact I didn't really want to bother my arse, or I wanted to go at my own pace. However, my pace is a lot different to the STJ pace, which wants to plan and get everything done now. I don't hate the "SJ way" or want to rebel against it. What's the point? The world is built around that way of thinking, so you might as well flex around the majority. Bitch about it by all means, but fighting it is pointless.

I don't share any SJ characteristics, though. Too laid-back about the state of my bedroom, or most day to day matters. I guess I like a clean kitchen? But that's common sense.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Uhhh I never really showed many SJ characteristics and I certainly never thought I was anything related to STJs, even after discovering and studying MBTI. As a child I hated everything SJs represented.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    The one trait that stood out pretty well in my childhood, and still occasionally shines bright, is my lack of Si.
    and that *points finger*
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

After the first time my soccer team and me went showering together
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    eNTP

Weird, I was just thinking that I was a really ISTJ little kid, and maybe I had mistyped myself. But in about third grade I realized I was both smarter and lazier than the other overachievers in my class.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments. He concluded that There is more than one way of doing good science.
    It was Watsons form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA. It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

when i found out about mbti
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    Questions to NTPs. When did you realize that...

...you're not STJ?

There's never been a possibility of this. I've been an intuitive since conception, and SJs of various ages found every opportunity in my young life to notify me that I was peculiar. Thankfully, I eventually realized I'm not.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp