• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Questions to NTPs. When did you realize that...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Heh true, but I think STJ's seem to like rules for their own sake. I really like rules in that I like to see what outcomes they generate. For example I love playing new games and and I like reading through the rules, because it helps me understand the purpose of the game. An elegant game has an elegant rule system and a poor game has a poor rule system.

Whenever a new system is created, whether it be a game, a business, or a set of laws, there needs to be effective rules. Effective rules lead to an effective system.

Noooo can't say I usually like the rules, but if I want to acheive something I will brush up on the rules.

I think I was the only student at Uni who read the handbook, I'd calculated my degree classification per subject in order to acheive the desired outcome. I could have nailed my degree grade in my 2nd year with 3% more... GUTTED! :D But I'm sure I was the only person who really worked with their rules, down to the subjects I took and how I went about stuff....

Still never enjoyed/liked many rules... not enjoying my current job with is working with an SJ, and is super rules based - can someone get me out hereeeeeeeeeeeeee

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Still never enjoyed/liked many rules... not enjoying my current job with is working with an SJ, and is super rules based - can someone get me out hereeeeeeeeeeeeee

I think the way I am using rules is different then the way you are thinking. I am not talking about rules that are enforced by an authority. Instead I mean rules which are a substitute for authority. In the US, our founding fathers originally wanted to be governed by laws, so that they would not have to be governed by a king. The idea is that laws replace the authority.

Another example is rules of a game. When you play a game with someone else no one person is in charge. Instead everyone simply follows the rules of the game. Each person is accountable to the rules and the other people, but there is no one person of authority to be accountable to.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Another example is rules of a game. When you play a game with someone else no one person is in charge. Instead everyone simply follows the rules of the game. Each person is accountable to the rules and the other people, but there is no one person of authority to be accountable to.

LOL I loved all of the above... RULE ARE GOOD! I just don't think about them in that way, I guess I do like a certain about of contraint on things, my p-ness plays it up a bit

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've been a stereotypical ENTP since I was a little child, and I always felt/knew that I wasn't the same as the average xSxJ...

lets eat pie

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w6
I felt miserable being an oddball, though I guess to my credit, it never occurred to me to start acting like an ESXJ. I was and am staunchly against being artificial or something I'm not. Eventually some wonderful teachers in high school confirmed for me that my thoughts, opinions and insights were 'right' and never really have been 'wrong' or defective. Coming across MBTI also saved me much headache. Knowing that there are others like me who are probably going through the same troubles helped me feel a lot more at ease with myself.

CyberHiker

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6
I have an ISFJ mother, an INTJ father and an ENFJ brother and an anti-J attitude that goes beyond what is sane.

SJ's especially bother me if they try to instill their values on me. If I find something to have a negative possible effect, and the SJ tries to convince me that it won't I am usually proven right.

When I was little, I thought I did have SJ characteristics and cherished them. I was constantly called weird and I didn't have as many friends as others had.

Now as a teenager, I come off as SJ to many adults, but when they get to know me they probably instinctively know that I am not.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
About rules:

I'm actually uncomfortable when there are NO rules whatsoever, because I'm never satisfied with any of my "random-brainstorm" ideas on their own. I prefer it when there are certain guidelines that can be followed or tastefully/appropriately circumvented; that's the fun, that's the thrill, that's the challenge.