User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    eNTP

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    knowing about MBTI and having Ti, you are always analyzing your actions, your thoughts, absolutely everything you freaking do
    ohhhh goddd i knowww
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    eNTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I was weird about not wanting to get intro trouble... really big on not getting intro trouble
    eek, same.
    in fact, reading these responses, i'm wondering why ENTP's have a reputation as rule-breakers...?
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by paintmuffin View Post
    eek, same.
    in fact, reading these responses, i'm wondering why ENTP's have a reputation as rule-breakers...?
    It's probably because they're "clever" when they do break the rules (and they will likely do so being percievers. There are a lot of EXSPs that will try to get away with ANYTHING! But as a result get caught a hell of a lot.

There are a lot of famous ENTPs that do things unconventionally, Feynman for one. I'm sure that being an ENTP comes with a knack for being unconventional, and that's pretty similar to rule breaking... sort of

I actually used to steal some of the things that I really really wanted, but got caught and denied it to the very end. I hated that feeling... hmmm, guilt... It's not worth the trouble. I've been offered opportunities to steal, but denied them because I can see so many ways it could go wrong.
    5 3 9

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Uhhh I never really showed many SJ characteristics and I certainly never thought I was anything related to STJs, even after discovering and studying MBTI. As a child I hated everything SJs represented.
    This.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    Yeah thats what always made me doubt I was an ENTP when I first got into MBTI. I've no idea why I acted like that and still occasionally do.
    LOL now-a-days I follow rules if I see there values and ingore the ones I don't... I'd say I was working within most rules.

I usually stay within the law except perhaps speeding in open streches of motorways.

I walk up down stairs, I push rule at work as far as I can take them....

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

eek, same.
    ENTP's have respect for rules, but they don't necessarily have respect for authority. In fact ENTP's might be the type that is most concerned with rules, and that is why they want the rules to be effective and make sense. Bad rules should be ignored because they lead to bad behavior or bad consequences. Good rules make everything work more effectively.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm still trying to remember more about what I knew about myself at different ages, but about the rule thing I remember that ever since middle school I only followed rules that I either agreed with anyway, or were totally trivial and wouldn't harm me at all if I followed them (and would eventually lead to time out, detention and worse if I didn't). Luckily a lot of the rules at school that I faced were very trivial, and the teachers were pretty reasonable the few times I came across non-trivial rules and broke them. So most of the time, even nowadays, I look like I'm just going along with what people tell me and showing real obedience, but this relationship with authority is really just the most effective way for necessary rebellion.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Bad rules should be ignored because they lead to bad behavior or bad consequences. Good rules make everything work more effectively.
    That could have come out the mouth of Monica in Friends... Rules are good, they keep order in the fun.... LOL

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    That could have come out the mouth of Monica in Friends... Rules are good, they keep order in the fun.... LOL
    Heh true, but I think STJ's seem to like rules for their own sake. I really like rules in that I like to see what outcomes they generate. For example I love playing new games and and I like reading through the rules, because it helps me understand the purpose of the game. An elegant game has an elegant rule system and a poor game has a poor rule system.

Whenever a new system is created, whether it be a game, a business, or a set of laws, there needs to be effective rules. Effective rules lead to an effective system.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

eek, same.
    yea I thought that, I wonder if it's adult life and more naughty than rule breakers... ..