User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    FIVE

Default NT's and Pregnancy

This goes for (at one time) perspective mothers and fathers. Thoughts? Stories?

Not sure if this belongs here but am curious.

Congratulations!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

It's been awhile but pregnancy was no fun for me. Zero. Lots of morning/day/all the time sickness with my first. The second trimester was bearable but still not pleasant. After all that, I had a relatively easy delivery. I was dilating the whole last month and he was right on time. About 45 minutes of labor and 2.5 hrs. of pushing. He was just shy of 9 pounds so lots of ripping and tearing and postpartum was hell on earth for about a month. We made it though and once I started backing up breastfeeding with formula, life was a lot better for us both. I somehow broke my wrist having him so I was in a cast from 6 week to around 12 weeks. Good times.

My second pregnancy three years later was high risk, placenta previa issues compromised things. I was going to have a preemie, there was no way around it so I was on a couple different drugs to stop the contractions. Bed rest and bleeding for much of it and every pregnancy symptom was magnified. My body was just pumping more and more hormone into me as the placenta was pulling away from my uterus. I had him about 7 weeks early, very easy delivery. Everything considered, he was in decent shape for being that early, around 4 pounds and spent a few extra days in the hospital. Going home without your baby is rough but we lived only a few blocks away so I was there all the time. No problems for me with recovery, I felt fantastic myself once I had him. He was the easiest going baby ever.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    FIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Congratulations!
    no, no... nothing has been confirmed. We've been trying for awhile but I was curious about how pregnancy differs with the personality types. I was reading a pregnancy board and these women were REALLY REALLY emotional... I just felt like crap the whole time I was pregnant with my daughter. I love her more than life itself but I was not a good pregnant woman. I wanted to know if that was consistent.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by chasingAJ View Post
    This goes for (at one time) perspective prospective mothers and fathers. Thoughts? Stories?

Fixed! (only because this is the NT forum)

I don't have anything useful to say on this topic though, so I wish you good luck.
    -end of thread-

no, no... nothing has been confirmed. We've been trying for awhile but I was curious about how pregnancy differs with the personality types. I was reading a pregnancy board and these women were REALLY REALLY emotional... I just felt like crap the whole time I was pregnant with my daughter. I love her more than life itself but I was not a good pregnant woman. I wanted to know if that was consistent.
    Maybe it's your own physiology versus the other women's rather than personality?

MBTI
    ENTP

This goes for (at one time) perspective mothers and fathers. Thoughts? Stories?

Hi

My mum liked be pregnant....I bleive she was an ENTJ although non tested (she spent 12 years pregnant)

My best friend (INTJ) just had a wee boy, I think pregnancy was OK, but the birth was a particularly difficult one (her wee one wasn't so wee at 11.5 lbs OUCH!), I beleive her wee boy is an INTJ too, he was not the most cuddly wee one, I've nver seen such a stoic child, super bright, super, super bright, but it took him a good while to be warm and cuddly. He is now, and loves to boss her around. From the outside looking in, I don't think she got into it too easily, fine now but it wasn't easy, made more difficult because of her health post birth).

I'm still bowled over that her wee one is so obvious in terms of type... His dad is an ENFP, so it will be interesting to see if daddy softens his T nature up

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

for some reason i assumed this would be an abortion thread. i feel a little bait-and-switched. smack goes the ruler of the cookie jar.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    FIVE

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    for some reason i assumed this would be an abortion thread. i feel a little bait-and-switched. smack goes the ruler of the cookie jar.
    why?

Is there an assumption that NT's don't like children? I really enjoy mine...

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

I a NT male am completely disgusted by the process, do not intend to have children and my ideal partner (also NT) would be similarly disgusted.