• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Pregnancy

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Urgh god, I'm terrified of that moment. It's really alien to me, and I'm sure a few other NT females. When people try to get me to feel their bellies, I get the heebie jeebies.
Or even worse: when they try to make you hold their babies. I hate that with a passion. I fear doing something wrong, and of course the baby will vomit or shit or start crying when in my hands... and if you don't, people look at you with that weird look... like if you're not fully human. You know, REAL humans are all overjoyed to put hands on bellies and hold babies!
When I'll be showing, I hope people won't put their hands on my belly without asking... with exception of husband, of course, who's always allowed to touch me :D

The whole " beach ball" belly thing also grosses the hell out of me.
I've never had that. On the contrary... Having a big belly when you're pregnant is as natural as crying when you're sad. I was grossed out at some celebrities going on and on about that belly and feeling as if there's a parasite growing inside you, eating out your life and your beauty... You have created a human being!!! What if I'm fatter afterwards? What if I don't look like a young woman any more? Who cares about that??? I'm almost thirty and I don't have the desire to look as if I'm twenty. I'm going to be a mother and looking like a mother is part if it.

Yesterday husband's sister, her husband and their little child came to visit. The sister never played with dolls, was a "boy" in anything and everything, probably as NT as I am or more, and she's a great mom. I'm a bit less scared now.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Or even worse: when they try to make you hold their babies. I hate that with a passion. I fear doing something wrong, and of course the baby will vomit or shit or start crying when in my hands... and if you don't, people look at you with that weird look... like if you're not fully human. You know, REAL humans are all overjoyed to put hands on bellies and hold babies!
When I'll be showing, I hope people won't put their hands on my belly without asking... with exception of husband, of course, who's always allowed to touch me :D

I've never had that. On the contrary... Having a big belly when you're pregnant is as natural as crying when you're sad. I was grossed out at some celebrities going on and on about that belly and feeling as if there's a parasite growing inside you, eating out your life and your beauty... You have created a human being!!! What if I'm fatter afterwards? What if I don't look like a young woman any more? Who cares about that??? I'm almost thirty and I don't have the desire to look as if I'm twenty. I'm going to be a mother and looking like a mother is part if it.

Yesterday husband's sister, her husband and their little child came to visit. The sister never played with dolls, was a "boy" in anything and everything, probably as NT as I am or more, and she's a great mom. I'm a bit less scared now.

ya... good luck with your future spawn :laugh:

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
no, no... nothing has been confirmed. We've been trying for awhile but I was curious about how pregnancy differs with the personality types. I was reading a pregnancy board and these women were REALLY REALLY emotional... I just felt like crap the whole time I was pregnant with my daughter. I love her more than life itself but I was not a good pregnant woman. I wanted to know if that was consistent.

I remember that during my entire pregnancy I thought over and over 'I'm never doing this again...' I love my daughter very much, and people have said 'Oh... the bad parts of being pregnant, of the delivery, that stuff fades. Thats the way Mother Nature made women otherwise they'd never want to have another child!'

I can say that 10 years later I'm as adamant as ever that I don't ever want to put my body through that again.

I have wondered if perhaps my circumstances surrounding the pregnancy (Lots of external stress) resulted in me remembering things as being worse than they really were... but I doubt it.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I remember that during my entire pregnancy I thought over and over 'I'm never doing this again...' I love my daughter very much, and people have said 'Oh... the bad parts of being pregnant, of the delivery, that stuff fades. Thats the way Mother Nature made women otherwise they'd never want to have another child!'
I can say that 10 years later I'm as adamant as ever that I don't ever want to put my body through that again.
I have wondered if perhaps my circumstances surrounding the pregnancy (Lots of external stress) resulted in me remembering things as being worse than they really were... but I doubt it.
I don't know, for now I don't have that much problems with it. I eat less than normal and I hope that will go away because I want to stay healthy. I'm also way more emotional but that doesn't really hinder me. I'm not really scared of the delivery. My body will know what it has to do and there are doctors to help if needed.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hated pregnancy and I dislike children.

I have four children. Mine are great--they are really cool, well-behaved, blah, blah, blah. Plus, I had a rather ugly childhood and that has a major impact on what kind of mother I try to be. I think they'd be a lot worse off if I had not had such unpleasant experiences to know how NOT to be.

Pregnancy was horrible for me because it really emphasized my mind/body split. I wanted to understand and control this process but my body was, "leave me alone...I know what I'm doing." Plus I had health problems with each one...it was one of the most unpleasant experiences I've ever had.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had my first kid waaay too young, and I kinda got railroaded into it at 19. But as a male I was very intrigued by the process, both physical and psychological. And you know, i did what I could to be supportive. Caveat, I'm reconsidering my NT status.