• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Pregnancy

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
This goes for (at one time) perspective mothers and fathers. Thoughts? Stories?

Not sure if this belongs here but am curious.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It's been awhile but pregnancy was no fun for me. Zero. Lots of morning/day/all the time sickness with my first. The second trimester was bearable but still not pleasant. After all that, I had a relatively easy delivery. I was dilating the whole last month and he was right on time. About 45 minutes of labor and 2.5 hrs. of pushing. He was just shy of 9 pounds so lots of ripping and tearing and postpartum was hell on earth for about a month. We made it though and once I started backing up breastfeeding with formula, life was a lot better for us both. I somehow broke my wrist having him so I was in a cast from 6 week to around 12 weeks. Good times.

My second pregnancy three years later was high risk, placenta previa issues compromised things. I was going to have a preemie, there was no way around it so I was on a couple different drugs to stop the contractions. Bed rest and bleeding for much of it and every pregnancy symptom was magnified. My body was just pumping more and more hormone into me as the placenta was pulling away from my uterus. I had him about 7 weeks early, very easy delivery. Everything considered, he was in decent shape for being that early, around 4 pounds and spent a few extra days in the hospital. Going home without your baby is rough but we lived only a few blocks away so I was there all the time. No problems for me with recovery, I felt fantastic myself once I had him. He was the easiest going baby ever.

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
Congratulations!

no, no... nothing has been confirmed. We've been trying for awhile but I was curious about how pregnancy differs with the personality types. I was reading a pregnancy board and these women were REALLY REALLY emotional... I just felt like crap the whole time I was pregnant with my daughter. I love her more than life itself but I was not a good pregnant woman. I wanted to know if that was consistent.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This goes for (at one time) perspective prospective mothers and fathers. Thoughts? Stories?

Fixed! (only because this is the NT forum)

I don't have anything useful to say on this topic though, so I wish you good luck.

Qre:us

no, no... nothing has been confirmed. We've been trying for awhile but I was curious about how pregnancy differs with the personality types. I was reading a pregnancy board and these women were REALLY REALLY emotional... I just felt like crap the whole time I was pregnant with my daughter. I love her more than life itself but I was not a good pregnant woman. I wanted to know if that was consistent.

Maybe it's your own physiology versus the other women's rather than personality?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
This goes for (at one time) perspective mothers and fathers. Thoughts? Stories?

Hi

My mum liked be pregnant....I bleive she was an ENTJ although non tested (she spent 12 years pregnant)

My best friend (INTJ) just had a wee boy, I think pregnancy was OK, but the birth was a particularly difficult one (her wee one wasn't so wee at 11.5 lbs OUCH!), I beleive her wee boy is an INTJ too, he was not the most cuddly wee one, I've nver seen such a stoic child, super bright, super, super bright, but it took him a good while to be warm and cuddly. He is now, and loves to boss her around. From the outside looking in, I don't think she got into it too easily, fine now but it wasn't easy, made more difficult because of her health post birth).

I'm still bowled over that her wee one is so obvious in terms of type... His dad is an ENFP, so it will be interesting to see if daddy softens his T nature up

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for some reason i assumed this would be an abortion thread. i feel a little bait-and-switched. smack goes the ruler of the cookie jar.

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
for some reason i assumed this would be an abortion thread. i feel a little bait-and-switched. smack goes the ruler of the cookie jar.

why?

Is there an assumption that NT's don't like children? I really enjoy mine...

freedom geek

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I a NT male am completely disgusted by the process, do not intend to have children and my ideal partner (also NT) would be similarly disgusted.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Obviously I would like to have kids, since it would be such a waste of genetic material not to. Yet I do feel bad for what women have to go through, esp. since it's so unpredictable - one pregnancy might be great, the next one awful, etc. and in general there's always some risk of death for the woman giving birth.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm pregnant now :D And really really emotional too. The littlest things can change my emotions... I chalk it up to hormones. Luckily, for the most time, I'm just really happy. Being happy for no reason (well, other than the fact I'm pregnant, which IS a reason for being happy) is not really a problem, is it? Being sad or whiny or sensitive for no reason is another matter and I try to keep that in check... I don't want others to be put up with unreasonable emotions from my part.
The strangest thing is announcing it to family... you get all sorts of reactions. If I hear my aunts squealing... They seem a lot more emotional than I am (and they aren't pregnant for all I know)... apparently, despite all that hormonal violence, I'm still a T!

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I want to have babies...in like, five years.
Not now.

alsjdlakjsda. D;

F

figsfiggyfigs

Urgh god, I'm terrified of that moment. It's really alien to me, and I'm sure a few other NT females. When people try to get me to feel their bellies, I get the heebie jeebies.
The whole " beach ball" belly thing also grosses the hell out of me.

I think I'll find some xNTP to create a surrogate robot to carry it for me, real people are too annoying to have around, hence the robot.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
I see cost of children but I don't see the benefit.

I mean kids are cute and make me smile but the diapers, the tantrums, teenage drama, worrying about them killing people when they start driving, saving for college, how can it be worth it? A kid is such an incredible commitment of time, emotion, and effort. Is the upside a sense of purpose?

I think of kids are the hobby you turn to when you run out of motivation to keep hobbies. I think I'd rather get involved with a single mother than make my own child. I don't understand the sense of obligation to propogate one's genes.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I see cost of children but I don't see the benefit.

I mean kids are cute and make me smile but the diapers, the tantrums, teenage drama, worrying about them killing people when they start driving, saving for college, how can it be worth it? A kid is such an incredible commitment of time, emotion, and effort. Is the upside a sense of purpose?

I think of kids are the hobby you turn to when you run out of motivation to keep hobbies. I think I'd rather get involved with a single mother than make my own child. I don't understand the sense of obligation to propogate one's genes.

I suppose the upside is that you have a rather interesting and emotionally fulfilling experience. You get to see them evolve and grow, interact with them as a personal friend who you can guide and teach to be a good person, then hopefully see them turn into that person and share experiences with you and posssibly your spouse, and all the while hoping that you are leaving behind a new generation to help build the world into a better place.

That said, I don't really want kids.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm pregnant now :D And really really emotional too. The littlest things can change my emotions... I chalk it up to hormones. Luckily, for the most time, I'm just really happy. Being happy for no reason (well, other than the fact I'm pregnant, which IS a reason for being happy) is not really a problem, is it? Being sad or whiny or sensitive for no reason is another matter and I try to keep that in check... I don't want others to be put up with unreasonable emotions from my part.
The strangest thing is announcing it to family... you get all sorts of reactions. If I hear my aunts squealing... They seem a lot more emotional than I am (and they aren't pregnant for all I know)... apparently, despite all that hormonal violence, I'm still a T!

Congratulations! Not just for being pregnant, but for also being T! :D