User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Obviously I would like to have kids, since it would be such a waste of genetic material not to. Yet I do feel bad for what women have to go through, esp. since it's so unpredictable - one pregnancy might be great, the next one awful, etc. and in general there's always some risk of death for the woman giving birth.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Babies.. fun to make, fun to eat.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by chasingAJ View Post
    no, no... nothing has been confirmed. We've been trying for awhile but I was curious about how pregnancy differs with the personality types. I was reading a pregnancy board and these women were REALLY REALLY emotional... I just felt like crap the whole time I was pregnant with my daughter. I love her more than life itself but I was not a good pregnant woman. I wanted to know if that was consistent.
    I'm pregnant now And really really emotional too. The littlest things can change my emotions... I chalk it up to hormones. Luckily, for the most time, I'm just really happy. Being happy for no reason (well, other than the fact I'm pregnant, which IS a reason for being happy) is not really a problem, is it? Being sad or whiny or sensitive for no reason is another matter and I try to keep that in check... I don't want others to be put up with unreasonable emotions from my part.
    The strangest thing is announcing it to family... you get all sorts of reactions. If I hear my aunts squealing... They seem a lot more emotional than I am (and they aren't pregnant for all I know)... apparently, despite all that hormonal violence, I'm still a T!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I want to have babies...in like, five years.
    Not now.

alsjdlakjsda. D;

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    Babies.. fun to make, fun to eat.
    Hardly fun to make...
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

figsfiggyfigs

Urgh god, I'm terrified of that moment. It's really alien to me, and I'm sure a few other NT females. When people try to get me to feel their bellies, I get the heebie jeebies.
    The whole " beach ball" belly thing also grosses the hell out of me.

I think I'll find some xNTP to create a surrogate robot to carry it for me, real people are too annoying to have around, hence the robot.

MBTI
    intP

I see cost of children but I don't see the benefit.

I mean kids are cute and make me smile but the diapers, the tantrums, teenage drama, worrying about them killing people when they start driving, saving for college, how can it be worth it? A kid is such an incredible commitment of time, emotion, and effort. Is the upside a sense of purpose?

I think of kids are the hobby you turn to when you run out of motivation to keep hobbies. I think I'd rather get involved with a single mother than make my own child. I don't understand the sense of obligation to propogate one's genes.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by suttree View Post
    I see cost of children but I don't see the benefit.

I mean kids are cute and make me smile but the diapers, the tantrums, teenage drama, worrying about them killing people when they start driving, saving for college, how can it be worth it? A kid is such an incredible commitment of time, emotion, and effort. Is the upside a sense of purpose?

I think of kids are the hobby you turn to when you run out of motivation to keep hobbies. I think I'd rather get involved with a single mother than make my own child. I don't understand the sense of obligation to propogate one's genes.
    I suppose the upside is that you have a rather interesting and emotionally fulfilling experience. You get to see them evolve and grow, interact with them as a personal friend who you can guide and teach to be a good person, then hopefully see them turn into that person and share experiences with you and posssibly your spouse, and all the while hoping that you are leaving behind a new generation to help build the world into a better place.

That said, I don't really want kids.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    intP

Kinda like playing pokemon.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I'm pregnant now And really really emotional too. The littlest things can change my emotions... I chalk it up to hormones. Luckily, for the most time, I'm just really happy. Being happy for no reason (well, other than the fact I'm pregnant, which IS a reason for being happy) is not really a problem, is it? Being sad or whiny or sensitive for no reason is another matter and I try to keep that in check... I don't want others to be put up with unreasonable emotions from my part.
    The strangest thing is announcing it to family... you get all sorts of reactions. If I hear my aunts squealing... They seem a lot more emotional than I am (and they aren't pregnant for all I know)... apparently, despite all that hormonal violence, I'm still a T!
    Congratulations! Not just for being pregnant, but for also being T!
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;