User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Is this behaviour likely of NTs?

My xNTP-friend told me that in situations for which he feels responsible (giving a party etc.) he feels responsible for the guests to feel comfortable, have someone to talk to etc. This is something I have only noticed a LOT in myself an other F, but mostly NF friends. I know that SJs are supposed to be great at hosting and stuff like this (which I have, which is because I feel so extremely responsible for everyone having a great time).....I'm sure NTs care about people, too. But there are several NTs who wouldn't care if someone else is having fun, even if they are responsible.....I know, ENTPs and INTPs also have Fe...do you think what has been described is related to Fe? argh. Just gets confusing and I know there is no strait answer/connection between what I described and a person's temperament....just wanted to you know what you think about that.

MBTI
    INTP

Well whenever I host I like to make sure people are comfortable enough when they arrive, but as time goes on I tend to care less and less. Mostly because the people I invite are perfectly capable of making their own fun! I have been known to drag people up to dance from time to time, but usually only when I'm around a lot of ESFx types.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The Fe connection is certainly where I would start my investigation.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ENTP

speaking on behalf of myself and the people i do know, i dont know any INTP, ENTP, ENTJ or INTJ who would care at all. i dont know about the S's

i would just look at my party in an overall matter. i wouldnt concentrate myself on looking after any particular people just to make sure theyre okay. if it looks good, then it probably is.
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    ENTP

yes if I am hoisting I look after people especally when they first arrive, once people are settled I still look after them but to a lesser extent.

I do care, I consider it good manners and hospitality is important to me. It's very different if I'm somone else guest.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I am actually hyper aware and sensitive to accommodating guests properly...I just don't know how to do it and it causes me considerable distress; or I am completely oblivious and miss something that's apparently pretty important. Whenever friends would pop into my dorm uninvited I'd be secretly freaking out in my head. Do they want something to drink? Will they get mad at me if I don't? I'm playing video games are they going to want to play? What do they want? fjaklfjkldja" etc. I forget to introduce people when they're waiting for it...until it hits me and I say "OH yeah this is my gf...yeah..."

ENTPs are probably a lot better at this.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I am actually hyper aware and sensitive to accommodating guests properly...I just don't know how to do it and it causes me considerable distress; or I am completely oblivious and miss something that's apparently pretty important. Whenever friends would pop into my dorm uninvited I'd be secretly freaking out in my head. Do they want something to drink? Will they get mad at me if I don't? I'm playing video games are they going to want to play? What do they want? fjaklfjkldja" etc. I forget to introduce people when they're waiting for it...until it hits me and I say "OH yeah this is my gf...yeah..."

ENTPs are probably a lot better at this.

I have sympathy ... esp the likely repricutions of having forgotten to introduce your gf... sure thats caused a bit of greif at times

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I have sympathy ... esp the likely repricutions of having forgotten to introduce your gf... sure thats caused a bit of greif at times
    Yup, most of the time I'm not aware at all. But then sometimes I'm inexplicably hyper sensitive to how I'm supposed to be acting and it's a terribly negative experience. Fe never, ever manifests itself positively for me at all I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Yup, most of the time I'm not aware at all. But then sometimes I'm inexplicably hyper sensitive to how I'm supposed to be acting and it's a terribly negative experience. Fe never, ever manifests itself positively for me at all I think.
    This. I have a question. Dealing with your inferior function: when it's exposed, does it often go into overdrive and become very hard to manage/handle?

Most of the time, I don't notice my Fi, but when it emerges, I don't really have a say. Of course, I turn it all inwards and people get frustrated with me cause I won't (but really can't), tell them what the fuck is wrong. It's like a volcano, imploding. I just have to let it pass.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    This. I have a question. Dealing with your inferior function: when it's exposed, does it often go into overdrive and become very hard to manage/handle?

Most of the time, I don't notice my Fi, but when it emerges, I don't really have a say. Of course, I turn it all inwards and people get frustrated with me cause I won't (but really can't), tell them what the fuck is wrong. It's like a volcano, imploding. I just have to let it pass.
    Absolutely. Being a female INTP with mostly F friends, I can be pushed to give details on love life/feelings etc. Often I find that while I'm reluctant to talk at first, there comes a point when something is "unlocked" and the tide of Fe cannot be reined in, usually resulting in my friends backing away with this look on their faces: . I just cannot shut up for the life of me once I get started
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons