• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] betas

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Considering most people understood my meaning, it probably is common knowledge.

The my is odd? (you've lost me with MyNe, whatever you're referring to is probably not common knowledge)

Considering that you thought it warranted a thread and the number of posts that asked for a clearer definition, it probably isn't common knowledge, or at least it's not well-defined.

I just think the "my" in "my beta" is odd because it has a somewhat affectionate ring to it, which would speak against it being meant as an insult.

(The MyNe was a pun on "emphasis mine", using my Ne.)

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well the problem I'm having with the situation is specifically the relationship that I'm accused of having with this guy.

That he's a subordinate of mine in some way, which I don't want.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah okay, unclear pronoun reference problem.

I thought that might be an option as well; thanks for clearing it up. I thought the "my" referred to the girl that said it - not to you.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well the problem I'm having with the situation is specifically the relationship that I'm accused of having with this guy.

can you give us more details, or is it just people see you as leading someone?

Not everyone can lead, and even leaders need to follow at time. I find the whole concepts of Alpha male thing as being pretty abnoious, it's kind of like saying a person is a prat and up on themselves... which might be a british perspective.....

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Males operate hierarchically. Everyone can't be a leader, just like everyone can't be a follower. I don't see what the problem is.

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX

Well, there is a status hierarchy in all social settings. It's a fact, regardless of what people think, or what prejudices they apparently have of alphas/betas/whatever.

I say get over it.

The terms "alpha" and "beta" are degrading to the people who use them.

You just degraded yourself with that statement.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just think the "my" in "my beta" is odd because it has a somewhat affectionate ring to it, which would speak against it being meant as an insult.

aww, beta, you're all grows up! time for a ruffling of the hair and a pinching of the cheeks! etc.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
aww, beta, you're all grows up! time for a ruffling of the hair and a pinching of the cheeks! etc.

:angry: (and that's presumably the most violent emoticon there is on this forum. I am the green guy.)

I actually wonder why the lady in the OP thought it necessary to mention it in the first place.
In other words, what's the point of trying to create a hierarchy among her acquaintances (or making it explicit that there is one)?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
it woudlnt bother me

id just think smile that this girl really doesn't know me. from then on id play with her...act like a "beta"

that said, there is always a hierarchy in social circles no matter what. its everyone has different strengths. in a party, you'd be the amazing dude; in a hockey field, i might be