User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post

I can't recall dates for history related stuff, and am horrible at remembering birthdays. But, a piece of information about someone, something about their personal self, their identity, it somehow sticks with me, and well.

I agree with this completely. Ironically it makes me great at picking out gifts for people...the trick is remembering when to give them!

I don't know if this is actually inferior Si or not and would like clarification - I know an ENTP who, once he finds an idea regardless of whether that idea is flawed or not, will stubbornly stick with it no matter what. No matter how much the inconsistencies are pointed out in it. Particularly MBTI. He believes in the stereotypes and the generalities and believes that they are applicable in real life, as in to read people. Which may or may not be the case. It's more that he holds on dearly to his experiences without seeming to consider the possibilities outside of those experiences. That the system that he has set up in his mind doesn't really blanket much, aside from those whom he've met. Perhaps he has considered the possibilities but then concluded that they don't match up with what has worked for him before, so it is better to stick with what's worked. I don't really know. Isn't that more of INTP territory? I am a bit tired to think right now.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by veins View Post
    I don't know if this is actually inferior Si or not and would like clarification - I know an ENTP who, once he finds an idea regardless of whether that idea is flawed or not, will stubbornly stick with it no matter what. No matter how much the inconsistencies are pointed out in it. Particularly MBTI. He believes in the stereotypes and the generalities and believes that they are applicable in real life, as in to read people. Which may or may not be the case. It's more that he holds on dearly to his experiences without seeming to consider the possibilities outside of those experiences. That the system that he has set up in his mind doesn't really blanket much, aside from those whom he've met. Perhaps he has considered the possibilities but then concluded that they don't match up with what has worked for him before, so it is better to stick with what's worked. I don't really know. Isn't that more of INTP territory? I am a bit tired to think right now.
    That really doesn't sound like an entp.
    or maybe the guy's an idiot.
    or maybe your opinion is sort of flawed.

pick ur favorite(s)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That really doesn't sound like an entp.
    or maybe the guy's an idiot.
    or maybe your opinion is sort of flawed.

pick ur favorite(s)
    It could be that he's an idiot. It could also be that my post may have been too biased in representing him, that he's shown in a negative light. It could also be both. That's not one way in which inferior Si can manifest itself?
    He really does take to stereotyping people with MBTI though. For instance, he constantly claims that he can predict and read me from what he has observed from other INTPs that he has interacted with, without actually having interacted with me on a daily basis. Is he only joking? He does it rather consistently.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

It could be that he's an idiot. It could also be that my post may have been too biased in representing him, that he's shown in a negative light. It could also be both. That's not one way in which inferior Si can manifest itself?
    He really does take to stereotyping people with MBTI though. For instance, he constantly claims that he can predict and read me from what he has observed from other INTPs that he has interacted with, without actually having interacted with me on a daily basis. Is he only joking? He does it rather consistently.
    I don't know, is he young ? entps can be sort of high on their behavior reading skills when younger, you know, before they wise the fuck up. We can also be quite rude. -coughs-
    Yeah It sounds a bit like Si or maybe it's just Ti, extracting the theory and trusting it without looking at enough information. Si tends to internalize arguments of authority rather than purely rely on one's experience of things in my hum experience.
    I prefer not to give an opinion without getting the data first hand or get the theory if we're talking about a closed experimental setting of sort.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Ha ha, I am quite aware of the rude bit. Penis banters come to mind. He is young, yes. And what you've mentioned is probably what rings true in this case, that he is over-confident in his people reading skills. He is a rather cocky person.
    What do you mean by closed experimental setting?

EDIT: Actually, I can see it being Ti at work. He comes up with the idea using Ne, then after Ti dissects it, it can get tougher seeing anything else from it. Does that seem more accurate?

That's interesting about the Si usage in your experience. I kind of figured that since it's introverted, it'd take in the experiences first.

I don't know if this is actually inferior Si or not and would like clarification - 1. I know an ENTP who, once he finds an idea regardless of whether that idea is flawed or not, will stubbornly stick with it no matter what. No matter how much the inconsistencies are pointed out in it. Particularly MBTI. He believes in the stereotypes and the generalities and believes that they are applicable in real life, as in to read people. Which may or may not be the case. 2. It's more that he holds on dearly to his experiences without seeming to consider the possibilities outside of those experiences. That the system that he has set up in his mind doesn't really blanket much, aside from those whom he've met. 3. Perhaps he has considered the possibilities but then concluded that they don't match up with what has worked for him before, so it is better to stick with what's worked. I don't really know. Isn't that more of INTP territory? I am a bit tired to think right now.
    This dude does not seem ENTP to me, due to the bolded.

Bolded 1: Either his Ti is severely repressed or he doesn't prefer Ti. The latter is more likely.

Bolded 2: Is an insult to Ne and its use.

Bolded 3: Same as #2, and add to that that ENTPs are notoriously known to NOT stick with the tried-and-true, what has worked before, sameness, but, rather prefering the novel, a change...makes me suspect that.....

The guy doesn't have a dominant and aux preference for Ne or Ti.

Hence, this dude does not seem ENTP to me.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Bolded 1: Either his Ti is severely repressed or he doesn't prefer Ti. The latter is more likely.

Bolded 3: Same as #2, and add to that that ENTPs are notoriously known to NOT stick with the tried-and-true, what has worked before, sameness, but, rather prefering the novel, a change...makes me suspect that.....

I agree, seems much more Te-Si, an ESTJ that doesn't use his tertiary function, and seems to rely too much on his inferior function. So, an ESTJ and an unhealthy one at that. :p
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

There's a likely possibility that's he's mistyped himself. Or that his upbringing could have an effect to some degree. Or that, again, the particular post was biased. So, Inferior Si usually only works in a way that mostly pertains to forgetfulness of details? Rather than experiential clinginess of some sort? I'm just wondering.

I am curious though, what type does he seem like from that description? Although, this probably doesn't belong here.

EDIT: Actually, maybe I should probably take into account all the functions rather than just focusing on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I agree, seems much more Te-Si, an ESTJ that doesn't use his tertiary function, and seems to rely too much on his inferior function. So, an ESTJ and an unhealthy one at that. :p
    Ah! That's interesting.