User Tag List

First 123

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    This is kinda an interesting thread...especially since ENTPs ime love giving criticism themselves, often suck at formulating it and cannot stand it if you get defensive on them.
    Immaturity ENTP-style isn't very pretty ime.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

ENTP's deal with unfounded criticism by figuratively bashing the target up with words, like they should.

ENTP's deal with proper criticism by seemingly avoiding it first, but it's really Ti that needs to place it all in context first and then they gladly accept the criticism. So in fact they're just going slightly introverted for a short time. Which seems like they try to avoid, whilest they're not really trying to avoid it. I think that is why people sometimes unjustly believe ENTP's can't handle criticism well. They can. (Well, some people can't, but then it's unlikely to be type related.)

That's from my experience anyways. Not that different from INTP's, except with INTP's you don't really notice the Ti bringing everything in context process. Because introverted is still introverted. So not much visible change.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP

I also don't like criticism on details... only if I know they've looked at the essentials too.

Example. When someone reads my draft and his only criticism is on grammar and spelling, I'm like - but what do you think of the story? The plot? The characters??? There is no use in correcting the spelling when I've got to rewrite the story anyways!
    So whether good or bad, I want your criticism on story, plot, character, consistency, whether things are realistic,... FIRST.

Probably this also stems from my experience with language teachers. They only corrected spelling and grammar, so I thought everything else was good! And I didn't understand why nobody wanted to buy my stories...

Now that I have some people criticizing me on the 'essentials', I don't mind detail criticism as much. Some people are better at catching grammar and spelling errors and I'll accept their criticism too. The more criticism the better - as long as I get my dose of criticism on plot etc.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I also don't like criticism on details... only if I know they've looked at the essentials too.

Example. When someone reads my draft and his only criticism is on grammar and spelling, I'm like - but what do you think of the story? The plot? The characters??? There is no use in correcting the spelling when I've got to rewrite the story anyways!
    So whether good or bad, I want your criticism on story, plot, character, consistency, whether things are realistic,... FIRST.

Probably this also stems from my experience with language teachers. They only corrected spelling and grammar, so I thought everything else was good! And I didn't understand why nobody wanted to buy my stories...

Now that I have some people criticizing me on the 'essentials', I don't mind detail criticism as much. Some people are better at catching grammar and spelling errors and I'll accept their criticism too. The more criticism the better - as long as I get my dose of criticism on plot etc.
    I know what you mean. I had a bitch of a physics teacher and every time I tooknmy project on SHM to her she told me to fix the spelling mistakes, then I atke it back and she finds more, then I take it back again and she finds even more, then after repeating that about 5 times she tells me the physics the bloody thing she was supposed to teach me was wrong and I needed to rewrite it.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Example. When someone reads my draft and his only criticism is on grammar and spelling, I'm like - but what do you think of the story? The plot? The characters???
    Eh, amen! Can't handle that.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I think I've found a solution to coping well with criticism.

I read the ENTP profile that Solitarywalker put up. It mentioned ENTPs dealing with criticism and noted how those with better developed Ti were more confident with dealing with criticism due to having more trust in their own judgement so needed less reliance on others.

So now I'm going to try use my Ti to make my own judgements on my behaviour.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    I think I've found a solution to coping well with criticism.

I read the ENTP profile that Solitarywalker put up. It mentioned ENTPs dealing with criticism and noted how those with better developed Ti were more confident with dealing with criticism due to having more trust in their own judgement so needed less reliance on others.

So now I'm going to try use my Ti to make my own judgements on my behaviour.
    sounds good
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    This is kinda an interesting thread...especially since ENTPs ime love giving criticism themselves, often suck at formulating it and cannot stand it if you get defensive on them.
    I'm quite like this

What I hate is when I give criticism and they get defensive like "you shouldn't give criticism look at yourself!"... well, I'm trying to help you. I'm talking (eg) about your paper, please don't deviate into a meta-discussion about criticism...
    Of course I have my own faults! Criticize on them, bluntly so I can understand it and learn from them, instead of acting as if there's nothing wrong and expecting me to act as if there's nothing wrong.

I value clearness above tact - one of those T things - but especially when it's about criticism. If someone is tactless in criticizing me, this gives me the message:
    - I don't have to sugarcoat when I'm criticizing him - whew!
    - If he says it's good, I am able to believe he really thinks it's good and isn't just sparing my feelings.
    - I don't have to read between lines - whew!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    I know what you mean. I had a bitch of a physics teacher and every time I tooknmy project on SHM to her she told me to fix the spelling mistakes, then I atke it back and she finds more, then I take it back again and she finds even more, then after repeating that about 5 times she tells me the physics the bloody thing she was supposed to teach me was wrong and I needed to rewrite it.
    This makes me sad. I'm a physics teacher. I don't know if I'm a good one or not, but at least I take care of the physics first!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

So help me, I will keep posting these things every chance I get!!!

Feedback Rules aka 'How to give constructive critiscism?'
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”