User Tag List

First 123 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

How do ENTPs deal with people criticizing them, especially valid criticisms?

Bullshitting. It's an art, but only if done well.

MBTI
    ENTP

don't, don't do critsism... I sometimes get arsey about it, but generally don't respond real well to it....

Just say no

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Depends.
    Criticism on my person = bad.
    Criticism on everything else = gold.

- The students of that class said to me your lessons were too difficult. Maybe you should... => OK, I'll try to do better!
    - After reading the first chapter of your new novel, I don't care whether your main character lives or dies => Thank you!
    - You will never be able to write a thesis =>
    I'll add validity to this statement by agreeing fully.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Depends.
    Criticism on my person = bad.
    Criticism on everything else = gold.

- The students of that class said to me your lessons were too difficult. Maybe you should... => OK, I'll try to do better!
    - After reading the first chapter of your new novel, I don't care whether your main character lives or dies => Thank you!
    - You will never be able to write a thesis =>
    I have to agree constructive criticism is more than welcome. I love getting good feedback. However I can't stand unconstructive criticism. In that case I might just criticize their criticism.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I handle criticism very well, part of the never considering myself able to have thought of every view so open to more information and not being able to know how others perceive me unless told.

Hell, I don't even care if it's meant to be constructive or not, it's all information that I can use.

I don't appreciate people that question my integrity when criticising, that's the one thing that really irks me, but other than that I assess it from a very analytical and detached pov and ask myself; Does this person have an angle and does their criticism have merit? if the answer is no and no I dismiss it and move on, if they have an angle I use it against them, if it has merit then I become actively aware of what I'm doing or saying that may be negative and change.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I have to agree constructive criticism is more than welcome. I love getting good feedback. However I can't stand unconstructive criticism. In that case I might just criticize their criticism.
    I like constructive criticism,it the type of criticism that allows you to find errors in what you have done in order to become better,like a computer upgrade...

However,unconstructive criticism does not really allow you to find errors and most of the time provides no basis...
    Kindblue,from globalchatter...
    And still wonders were it has gone...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    How do ENTPs deal with people criticizing them, especially valid criticisms?

Bullshitting. It's an art, but only if done well.
    this
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

hmm. Interesting and quite comforting as I recently started to get really annoyed at criticisms made by others of me such as being immature and being told to grow up and wasn't sure how I should react as I wasn't sure why they where saying it or how it was constructive. Its nice to know I'm not the only one who wants to just tell them to fuck off!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP

motherfuck criticism. if someone criticizes me, i get supper defensive and lose my cool. how dare they?! who do they think they are telling ME such things?

inferior assholes talking shit.

i either tell them to fuck off or if theyre close, i hit them.
    the times when i most hate it is when i know i cant do or say anything to them (i.e. relatives or clients).

when it comes to my work and people criticize parts of it...it isnt as bad but i still get somewhat offended if theyre right. so i usually bullshit my way around it so it looks right but in a different light. they buy it and then i dont have to worry :P
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

This is kinda an interesting thread...especially since ENTPs ime love giving criticism themselves, often suck at formulating it and cannot stand it if you get defensive on them.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”