• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Turn Ons

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, Highlander. :dry: If you are really an intj, then you must know I was spoofing Provoker's post.......unless you didn't read his post, and thought I was being serious, or just being serious anyway, in which case I'm not sure you can claim intj status. But I'm sure you probably are an intj, in which case you must surely be yanking my chain. So, ha!

That movie did turn me on, though, I remember. :devil:

The last time I was turned on was January 22 2010. I was at the gym, working out to my usual routine, and there was a women on the treadmill who I found quite attractive. I was attracted to her geometrical composition and economy of movement (i.e. the way the parts worked together). Of this, there are women with different economies of movement--for instance, I have observed very faminine women who walk like men; I have also observed very masculine women that move quite gracefully. Having boxed for 10 years and having gone to an arts academy (where I took music, but where there were many dancers) I have observed the art of movement for some time now. I can, for instance, point out a boxer and a dancer merely by their walk about 90 percent of the time. Further, I could tell by the way she ran that she had good rhythm, which implies that she is able to keep good time. From this I deduced that she is likely left-hemisphere dominant. However, there is only so much one can deduce from circumstancial evidence without making leaps in logic beyond what the evidence warrents. Still, she had good form and structure as far as I could tell and this I prefer to clumsy form and a slouch's structure.

Infinite Intrigue, intelligence does not turn me on as much as a lack thereof turns me off. In other words, as soon as I learn that a women is of inferior intellect I am disinterested. Now, it is also the case that I haven't met a women who I consider on par with me in my sense of intelligence (which is a highly rational/philosophical type of intelligence). And for a women to be on par with me, she would either have to be naturally brilliant or else work like a dog (i.e. do math and read books for 16 hours a day, assuming a decent level of raw intellect to begin with. Otherwise, one in-depth conversation with me will completely wear a women of average intellect out). Accordingly, the ones who work like dogs usually have very tight schedules, the type of schedules that cannot be accommodated to given my routine which has militarized all aspects of life to a strict and 100 percent predictable regiment. Then if this category of women is rendered inaccessible, as neither wants to compromise for the other, than that leaves only the naturally brilliant women who has the flexability to accommodate to my schedule as she has the resources to do it. I have not met such a women. Therefore, if intelligence was my sole criterion, and if the quantity of the future resembles patterns of the past, then a women as such is unattainable. However, I would like to eventually attain a women; therefore, this cannot be the sole criterion. Still, to be fair I think there are a lot of women out there who are smart in their own ways. A women of this variety is to be preferred to one of another.

Regarding coherence, this too seems to be necessary but it alone is not sufficient. I am, for instance, certainly not attracted to--and indeed annoyed by--women who say all kinds of dubious things and have a habit of contradicting themselves. I like women who are proper. And proper women by definition think properly. Thinking properly implies thinking in a logically valid manner. By Modus Tollens if one is not thinking in a logically valid manner, then one cannot be thinking properly. There is no substitute for logically valid and therefore fallacious-free thinking. Women who cannot meet this basic standard do not have space in my life. Again, similar to intelligence, coherence is not so much attractive as a lack thereof is simply unthinkable. Now, one might make the argument that good chemistry consists in a system where one makes knots and the other untangles and straightens them out. Through intuition I have made knots that baffle even the cleverest of professors, and through rigorous thinking I have unknotted complex puzzles. From experience, therefore, I recognize the value in each. It could be argued, therefore, that a person who has a foothold in the one would quite naturally complement a person who has a foothold in the other. And certainly I am attracted to "random women" precisely because I think everything works according to rules and nowhere in this entire universe is there any irregularity (only ignorance). Naturally, I am attracted to women who follow an algorithm that is out of sync with what I am used to. Still, this would likely be short-run curiosity that is no substitute for long-run compatability and in the long-run I require someone who is coherent and reasons in a logically valid manner. Now, it could be the case that the women intuits random things, spills it out, and then we reason through it together. This would imply that she is at least conscious of the difference between an intuition and rigorous thinking and contemplation and that she is capable of both. To that end, this women would certainly be deemed compatable. However, following the dictates of reason and logic is to be the rule and contradictions and subjective whims only the exception. Otherwise, there is no chance for compatibility as we would go together as square does to circle.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, Highlander. :dry: If you are really an intj, then you must know I was spoofing Provoker's post.......unless you didn't read his post, and thought I was being serious, or just being serious anyway, in which case I'm not sure you can claim intj status. But I'm sure you probably are an intj, in which case you must surely be yanking my chain. So, ha!

That movie did turn me on, though, I remember. :devil:

Thank goodness. For a second there, I thought you had lost your mind.

I read the first paragraph of Provoker's post and then skipped to

^Holy Moses.

:doh:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank goodness. For a second there, I thought you had lost your mind.

I read the first paragraph of Provoker's post and then skipped to

^Holy Moses.

I wouldn't blame people for questionning my sanity, really. haha :blush:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
This is from limited experience, granted, but I have found that INTJs, or more specifically, one in particular, is turned on by... intimacy!

When he senses my authentic appreciation, understanding, and, or admiration, I can say with a high degree of confidence that he gets, or becomes turned on.

Also, whenever I open up to him, and consequently we share a (non-sexual) intimate moment, he gets aroused, and not in a skeevy way, but rather in a beautiful way.

So, yeah, I would say mutually shared intimacy, (haha, is there any other kind?) is a turn on for INTJs.

I swear, you guys are total romantics at heart!

:yes:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh...wow....

Are INTJs really that complex?

Why can't I just be my fun, crazy, weird self?

Well, I am going to be my fun, crazy, weird self, and if an INTJ does not like it, their loss.

Last edited:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dear Thessaly - I admonish against changing yourself to fit a crushes potential likes and dislikes. This will end badly.

F

FigerPuppet

This is from limited experience, granted, but I have found that INTJs, or more specifically, one in particular, is turned on by... intimacy!

When he senses my authentic appreciation, understanding, and, or admiration, I can say with a high degree of confidence that he gets, or becomes turned on.

Also, whenever I open up to him, and consequently we share a (non-sexual) intimate moment, he gets aroused, and not in a skeevy way, but rather in a beautiful way.

So, yeah, I would say mutually shared intimacy, (haha, is there any other kind?) is a turn on for INTJs.

Yes.

Well, I am going to be my fun, crazy, weird self, and if an INTJ does not like it, their loss.

No.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I wouldn't blame people for questionning my sanity, really. haha :blush:

All Prov really said was he knows he likes smart chicks who don't play games with what they say. And there was something implied about nice asses too.

And frankly, I challenge any INTJ of a certain age to say they DIDN'T watch Flashdance and fall a little bit in love. Jennifer Beals is the only woman in the entire world to have ever successfully deployed an 80s hairstyle. No one else can look back and not cringe, no one but her.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
The last time I was turned on was January 22 2010. I was at the gym, working out to my usual routine, and there was a women on the treadmill who I found quite attractive. I was attracted to her geometrical composition and economy of movement (i.e. the way the parts worked together). Of this, there are women with different economies of movement--for instance, I have observed very faminine women who walk like men; I have also observed very masculine women that move quite gracefully. Having boxed for 10 years and having gone to an arts academy (where I took music, but where there were many dancers) I have observed the art of movement for some time now. I can, for instance, point out a boxer and a dancer merely by their walk about 90 percent of the time. Further, I could tell by the way she ran that she had good rhythm, which implies that she is able to keep good time. From this I deduced that she is likely left-hemisphere dominant. However, there is only so much one can deduce from circumstancial evidence without making leaps in logic beyond what the evidence warrents. Still, she had good form and structure as far as I could tell and this I prefer to clumsy form and a slouch's structure.

Infinite Intrigue, intelligence does not turn me on as much as a lack thereof turns me off. In other words, as soon as I learn that a women is of inferior intellect I am disinterested. Now, it is also the case that I haven't met a women who I consider on par with me in my sense of intelligence (which is a highly rational/philosophical type of intelligence). And for a women to be on par with me, she would either have to be naturally brilliant or else work like a dog (i.e. do math and read books for 16 hours a day, assuming a decent level of raw intellect to begin with. Otherwise, one in-depth conversation with me will completely wear a women of average intellect out). Accordingly, the ones who work like dogs usually have very tight schedules, the type of schedules that cannot be accommodated to given my routine which has militarized all aspects of life to a strict and 100 percent predictable regiment. Then if this category of women is rendered inaccessible, as neither wants to compromise for the other, than that leaves only the naturally brilliant women who has the flexability to accommodate to my schedule as she has the resources to do it. I have not met such a women. Therefore, if intelligence was my sole criterion, and if the quantity of the future resembles patterns of the past, then a women as such is unattainable. However, I would like to eventually attain a women; therefore, this cannot be the sole criterion. Still, to be fair I think there are a lot of women out there who are smart in their own ways. A women of this variety is to be preferred to one of another.

Regarding coherence, this too seems to be necessary but it alone is not sufficient. I am, for instance, certainly not attracted to--and indeed annoyed by--women who say all kinds of dubious things and have a habit of contradicting themselves. I like women who are proper. And proper women by definition think properly. Thinking properly implies thinking in a logically valid manner. By Modus Tollens if one is not thinking in a logically valid manner, then one cannot be thinking properly. There is no substitute for logically valid and therefore fallacious-free thinking. Women who cannot meet this basic standard do not have space in my life. Again, similar to intelligence, coherence is not so much attractive as a lack thereof is simply unthinkable. Now, one might make the argument that good chemistry consists in a system where one makes knots and the other untangles and straightens them out. Through intuition I have made knots that baffle even the cleverest of professors, and through rigorous thinking I have unknotted complex puzzles. From experience, therefore, I recognize the value in each. It could be argued, therefore, that a person who has a foothold in the one would quite naturally complement a person who has a foothold in the other. And certainly I am attracted to "random women" precisely because I think everything works according to rules and nowhere in this entire universe is there any irregularity (only ignorance). Naturally, I am attracted to women who follow an algorithm that is out of sync with what I am used to. Still, this would likely be short-run curiosity that is no substitute for long-run compatability and in the long-run I require someone who is coherent and reasons in a logically valid manner. Now, it could be the case that the women intuits random things, spills it out, and then we reason through it together. This would imply that she is at least conscious of the difference between an intuition and rigorous thinking and contemplation and that she is capable of both. To that end, this women would certainly be deemed compatable. However, following the dictates of reason and logic is to be the rule and contradictions and subjective whims only the exception. Otherwise, there is no chance for compatibility as we would go together as square does to circle.

For future reference:

Woman - singular
Women - plural

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

:yes:

Yes

EDIT: Exactly

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, very much so.

No one seems to believe it, though.

Some do, but they tend to be rare it seems. Sometimes I wonder if this is a good thing or a bad thing...

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
that's awesome! The two hours part. This sort of fun silliness helps me recharge Ne when I have been doing way too many Si detail tasks. It's like playing!

I will have tons of crap to do and then spend half an hour composing an insane email explaining how levels of craziness correlate to years of employment at my company or how instead of helping my team with our corporate health challange, my goal is to make them lose by taking up illegal drug use.

Yeah, all in moderation. I will forego cleaning the bathroom to fire off a couple posts. My house is pretty messy but it's because I put my intellectual needs higher.

Is it Ni we are seeing in his posts? K's and antisocial's do it as well but the cadence/rhyme/metrics differ. I am reminded of those silly songs that used to be on kid's TV with the little bouncy balls over each word. Edgar only posts hysterical one-offs most of the time so I dont see it there.

Probably. I guess. It's otherwordly, which I guess is why we are entranced by it. He could be from the planet Zachron for all his post style reflects. :unsure: I usually try not to talk about people in the third person, but since he's invisible.................

Last edited:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Jesus Christ.

Okay so have graceful economy of movement, use deft, raw, pitiless logic, and be transhumanist -whatever-the-fuck that means.

Thanks guys!!!!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jesus Christ.

Okay so have graceful economy of movement, use deft, raw, pitiless logic, and be transhumanist -whatever-the-fuck that means.

Thanks guys!!!!

lol :newwink:

Actually, forget about all those things. Look to what Qre:us said and SillySapienne said. There is good advice there.

I've often thought that INFP and INTJ might be an interesting match if the INTJ is mature enough not to trample all over the INFPs feelings. Maybe the best thing is being yourself and to allow the INTJ to really see what's inside.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Is it Ni we are seeing in his posts? K's and antisocial's do it as well but the cadence/rhyme/metrics differ. I am reminded of those silly songs that used to be on kid's TV with the little bouncy balls over each word. Edgar only posts hysterical one-offs most of the time so I dont see it there.

Were one to speculate, indeed were one to try and emulate--the style, that is--for the purposes of thought experiment, it will not be too difficult to observe that it is mostly unedited Te, delivered on the fly, and with some precision.

The writing is fairly concrete, with moderately good connections between ideas and not too many wild splurges of imagery or tangent. Has clarity and focus. It is very nearly generously informative as opposed say to meanly directive. A confident INTJ, clear on what he is talking about, and having some level of fun in spelling it out.

I love you, man.

It's interesting about cadence though. I have a pet theory that Se leads one to write in spoken rhythms. Of course, perhaps everyone writes with a spoken rhythm, they write like they sound like... Or do they? I don't know. It's a pet theory. And it's wrong too, because one of the tenants of this pet theory is Se leads one to occasionally corrupt grammar for fun. But Ne people do this too sometimes, so I no longer know any more. But cadence... Origin of cadence is a question.