User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: INTJ Turn Ons

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    Do INTJs prefer to be the pursuer or the pursued? I'd like to hear from INTJs themselves or SOs to INTJs. Just curious.
    Both but I think I lean towards being the persuer. I like to know I am wanted as well because sometimes I feel like I'm forcing them if I persue. I know that's just social conditioning talking and ever since I learned this lesson in high school, it fucks with my head. Thanks dad! :steam:
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Do INTJs prefer to be the pursuer or the pursued? I'd like to hear from INTJs themselves or SOs to INTJs. Just curious.
    Either.

However, I will say that if you wish to pursue me, never just expect me to pick up on your flirtation. A simple, "I'm interested," would set you apart from most, and in a good way (at least I think so).

As for the OP, I don't really consider any of them to be type specific. Being well-mannered or "classy" would never hurt though.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Dress like this.

does this work?

I'm working on the costume for a convention

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I prefer to be pursued. When I am the pursuer I am never fully convinced that the other person's feelings are true. I always suspect that it's like an innocent man who confesses to a crime under intense interrogation. I realize this is a very bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Both. But mostly pursued. I mean, I am a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Lure an INTJ.... not such a good idea. He'll skeddadle when he works out you've been working things out. Direct is better. As in:

"So... dude... like... what are your turn ons?"

Throw in a bright eyed, bushy tailed blush but don't back down from the question and you're probably on your way.

Nothing good can come from this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Both but I think I lean towards being the persuer. I like to know I am wanted as well because sometimes I feel like I'm forcing them if I persue. I know that's just social conditioning talking and ever since I learned this lesson in high school, it fucks with my head. Thanks dad! :steam:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    Either.

However, I will say that if you wish to pursue me, never just expect me to pick up on your flirtation. A simple, "I'm interested," would set you apart from most, and in a good way (at least I think so)..
    Thanks for your insightful responses!
    Last edited by Dali; 01-06-2010 at 01:29 PM.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Lure an INTJ.... not such a good idea. He'll skeddadle when he works out you've been working things out. Direct is better. As in:

"So... dude... like... what are your turn ons?"

Throw in a bright eyed, bushy tailed blush but don't back down from the question and you're probably on your way.

Nothing good can come from this
    Fack.

Okay guys thanks for your input. Could someone explain to me in a bit more detail why my Fi dom would be so appealing?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    I don't really have any turn-ons except large hands which is kind of on the fetish side.
    Oh my goodness, me too.

Big hands=
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

A592

I'd rather be pursued. I'd be too worried about the other person not liking me back to actually pursue anyone myself.

I'd rather be the one pursuing. I like to have an idea of where things are moving and what's coming. And I like to be in control of the situation. Who knows where I'll end up if I let someone else drive this truck? Maybe it's my E talking, I dunno.

However, I do not want to be in charge in bed. (I just want to get there safely).

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Fack.

Okay guys thanks for your input. Could someone explain to me in a bit more detail why my Fi dom would be so appealing?
    Everyone's different of course blah blah blah and so on, but...

Feeling, for an INTJ, is or isn't the key to action. We can think up a great amount of stuff, and that's pretty fun by itself, but it is introverted and meant to be done alone. And by ourselves we can engage well enough with the world as it is. But... if there is any kind of second party--a friend, a colleague, a person with a project of any kind--then feeling is the important gatekeeper and tells us whether to engage or disengage. If feeling is not being validated, or is being invalidated, chances are we'll shut up shop and take off for parts unknown.

The pitfall, the waiting black hole, the worthless void into which he must fall: feeling without action.

Sitting around feeling pleasant is not intended to be a permanent state for an INTJ. Sitting around and feeling comfortable being alone is okay. But sitting around with other people and ultimately doing nothing other than being validated causes an unexpected and pernicious kind of soul rot.

"I feel like I should be doing something"
    "Then you should do, I don't care."
    "I'd really like to start a [insert plan]"
    "That's nice. How do you feel about it?"
    "I feel shit, c'mon, I want to get started."
    "So start already."
    "Fine, whatever. I'm going to play video games."

Nothing good from this can come. Two I's sitting around the house together. It'll work if you both have your own outside sources of motivation to keep on accomplishing what you want to accomplish.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Are you kidding me? You like bitchy slobs who can't cook?
    Ah, an enfp it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    A Fi dom is theoretically in a very good position to appeal to an INTJ, who has tertiary Fi and is therefore childlike and innocent in exactly the function that most defines your identity.

I recommend not being anything other than yourself.
    This seems to work really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Fack.

It's like magic. I dunno why, but really it's INTJ magic dust. It even works on ISTJs too.