Thread: INTJ Turn Ons

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Okay, Highlander. If you are really an intj, then you must know I was spoofing Provoker's post.......unless you didn't read his post, and thought I was being serious, or just being serious anyway, in which case I'm not sure you can claim intj status. But I'm sure you probably are an intj, in which case you must surely be yanking my chain. So, ha!

That movie did turn me on, though, I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Provoker View Post
    The last time I was turned on was January 22 2010. I was at the gym, working out to my usual routine, and there was a women on the treadmill who I found quite attractive. I was attracted to her geometrical composition and economy of movement (i.e. the way the parts worked together). Of this, there are women with different economies of movement--for instance, I have observed very faminine women who walk like men; I have also observed very masculine women that move quite gracefully. Having boxed for 10 years and having gone to an arts academy (where I took music, but where there were many dancers) I have observed the art of movement for some time now. I can, for instance, point out a boxer and a dancer merely by their walk about 90 percent of the time. Further, I could tell by the way she ran that she had good rhythm, which implies that she is able to keep good time. From this I deduced that she is likely left-hemisphere dominant. However, there is only so much one can deduce from circumstancial evidence without making leaps in logic beyond what the evidence warrents. Still, she had good form and structure as far as I could tell and this I prefer to clumsy form and a slouch's structure.

Infinite Intrigue, intelligence does not turn me on as much as a lack thereof turns me off. In other words, as soon as I learn that a women is of inferior intellect I am disinterested. Now, it is also the case that I haven't met a women who I consider on par with me in my sense of intelligence (which is a highly rational/philosophical type of intelligence). And for a women to be on par with me, she would either have to be naturally brilliant or else work like a dog (i.e. do math and read books for 16 hours a day, assuming a decent level of raw intellect to begin with. Otherwise, one in-depth conversation with me will completely wear a women of average intellect out). Accordingly, the ones who work like dogs usually have very tight schedules, the type of schedules that cannot be accommodated to given my routine which has militarized all aspects of life to a strict and 100 percent predictable regiment. Then if this category of women is rendered inaccessible, as neither wants to compromise for the other, than that leaves only the naturally brilliant women who has the flexability to accommodate to my schedule as she has the resources to do it. I have not met such a women. Therefore, if intelligence was my sole criterion, and if the quantity of the future resembles patterns of the past, then a women as such is unattainable. However, I would like to eventually attain a women; therefore, this cannot be the sole criterion. Still, to be fair I think there are a lot of women out there who are smart in their own ways. A women of this variety is to be preferred to one of another.

Regarding coherence, this too seems to be necessary but it alone is not sufficient. I am, for instance, certainly not attracted to--and indeed annoyed by--women who say all kinds of dubious things and have a habit of contradicting themselves. I like women who are proper. And proper women by definition think properly. Thinking properly implies thinking in a logically valid manner. By Modus Tollens if one is not thinking in a logically valid manner, then one cannot be thinking properly. There is no substitute for logically valid and therefore fallacious-free thinking. Women who cannot meet this basic standard do not have space in my life. Again, similar to intelligence, coherence is not so much attractive as a lack thereof is simply unthinkable. Now, one might make the argument that good chemistry consists in a system where one makes knots and the other untangles and straightens them out. Through intuition I have made knots that baffle even the cleverest of professors, and through rigorous thinking I have unknotted complex puzzles. From experience, therefore, I recognize the value in each. It could be argued, therefore, that a person who has a foothold in the one would quite naturally complement a person who has a foothold in the other. And certainly I am attracted to "random women" precisely because I think everything works according to rules and nowhere in this entire universe is there any irregularity (only ignorance). Naturally, I am attracted to women who follow an algorithm that is out of sync with what I am used to. Still, this would likely be short-run curiosity that is no substitute for long-run compatability and in the long-run I require someone who is coherent and reasons in a logically valid manner. Now, it could be the case that the women intuits random things, spills it out, and then we reason through it together. This would imply that she is at least conscious of the difference between an intuition and rigorous thinking and contemplation and that she is capable of both. To that end, this women would certainly be deemed compatable. However, following the dictates of reason and logic is to be the rule and contradictions and subjective whims only the exception. Otherwise, there is no chance for compatibility as we would go together as square does to circle.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Okay, Highlander. If you are really an intj, then you must know I was spoofing Provoker's post.......unless you didn't read his post, and thought I was being serious, or just being serious anyway, in which case I'm not sure you can claim intj status. But I'm sure you probably are an intj, in which case you must surely be yanking my chain. So, ha!

That movie did turn me on, though, I remember.
    Thank goodness. For a second there, I thought you had lost your mind.

I read the first paragraph of Provoker's post and then skipped to

^Holy Moses.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    Thank goodness. For a second there, I thought you had lost your mind.

I read the first paragraph of Provoker's post and then skipped to

^Holy Moses.

I wouldn't blame people for questionning my sanity, really. haha
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

This is from limited experience, granted, but I have found that INTJs, or more specifically, one in particular, is turned on by... intimacy!

When he senses my authentic appreciation, understanding, and, or admiration, I can say with a high degree of confidence that he gets, or becomes turned on.

Also, whenever I open up to him, and consequently we share a (non-sexual) intimate moment, he gets aroused, and not in a skeevy way, but rather in a beautiful way.

So, yeah, I would say mutually shared intimacy, (haha, is there any other kind?) is a turn on for INTJs.

I swear, you guys are total romantics at heart!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Oh...wow....

Are INTJs really that complex?

Why can't I just be my fun, crazy, weird self?

Well, I am going to be my fun, crazy, weird self, and if an INTJ does not like it, their loss.
    Last edited by Little Linguist; 01-31-2010 at 03:25 PM.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Dear Thessaly - I admonish against changing yourself to fit a crushes potential likes and dislikes. This will end badly.
    I N V I C T U S

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    This is from limited experience, granted, but I have found that INTJs, or more specifically, one in particular, is turned on by... intimacy!

When he senses my authentic appreciation, understanding, and, or admiration, I can say with a high degree of confidence that he gets, or becomes turned on.

Also, whenever I open up to him, and consequently we share a (non-sexual) intimate moment, he gets aroused, and not in a skeevy way, but rather in a beautiful way.

So, yeah, I would say mutually shared intimacy, (haha, is there any other kind?) is a turn on for INTJs.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Well, I am going to be my fun, crazy, weird self, and if an INTJ does not like it, their loss.
    No.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Yes, very much so.

No one seems to believe it, though.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I wouldn't blame people for questionning my sanity, really. haha
    All Prov really said was he knows he likes smart chicks who don't play games with what they say. And there was something implied about nice asses too.

And frankly, I challenge any INTJ of a certain age to say they DIDN'T watch Flashdance and fall a little bit in love. Jennifer Beals is the only woman in the entire world to have ever successfully deployed an 80s hairstyle. No one else can look back and not cringe, no one but her.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Provoker View Post
    The last time I was turned on was January 22 2010. I was at the gym, working out to my usual routine, and there was a women on the treadmill who I found quite attractive. I was attracted to her geometrical composition and economy of movement (i.e. the way the parts worked together). Of this, there are women with different economies of movement--for instance, I have observed very faminine women who walk like men; I have also observed very masculine women that move quite gracefully. Having boxed for 10 years and having gone to an arts academy (where I took music, but where there were many dancers) I have observed the art of movement for some time now. I can, for instance, point out a boxer and a dancer merely by their walk about 90 percent of the time. Further, I could tell by the way she ran that she had good rhythm, which implies that she is able to keep good time. From this I deduced that she is likely left-hemisphere dominant. However, there is only so much one can deduce from circumstancial evidence without making leaps in logic beyond what the evidence warrents. Still, she had good form and structure as far as I could tell and this I prefer to clumsy form and a slouch's structure.

Infinite Intrigue, intelligence does not turn me on as much as a lack thereof turns me off. In other words, as soon as I learn that a women is of inferior intellect I am disinterested. Now, it is also the case that I haven't met a women who I consider on par with me in my sense of intelligence (which is a highly rational/philosophical type of intelligence). And for a women to be on par with me, she would either have to be naturally brilliant or else work like a dog (i.e. do math and read books for 16 hours a day, assuming a decent level of raw intellect to begin with. Otherwise, one in-depth conversation with me will completely wear a women of average intellect out). Accordingly, the ones who work like dogs usually have very tight schedules, the type of schedules that cannot be accommodated to given my routine which has militarized all aspects of life to a strict and 100 percent predictable regiment. Then if this category of women is rendered inaccessible, as neither wants to compromise for the other, than that leaves only the naturally brilliant women who has the flexability to accommodate to my schedule as she has the resources to do it. I have not met such a women. Therefore, if intelligence was my sole criterion, and if the quantity of the future resembles patterns of the past, then a women as such is unattainable. However, I would like to eventually attain a women; therefore, this cannot be the sole criterion. Still, to be fair I think there are a lot of women out there who are smart in their own ways. A women of this variety is to be preferred to one of another.

Regarding coherence, this too seems to be necessary but it alone is not sufficient. I am, for instance, certainly not attracted to--and indeed annoyed by--women who say all kinds of dubious things and have a habit of contradicting themselves. I like women who are proper. And proper women by definition think properly. Thinking properly implies thinking in a logically valid manner. By Modus Tollens if one is not thinking in a logically valid manner, then one cannot be thinking properly. There is no substitute for logically valid and therefore fallacious-free thinking. Women who cannot meet this basic standard do not have space in my life. Again, similar to intelligence, coherence is not so much attractive as a lack thereof is simply unthinkable. Now, one might make the argument that good chemistry consists in a system where one makes knots and the other untangles and straightens them out. Through intuition I have made knots that baffle even the cleverest of professors, and through rigorous thinking I have unknotted complex puzzles. From experience, therefore, I recognize the value in each. It could be argued, therefore, that a person who has a foothold in the one would quite naturally complement a person who has a foothold in the other. And certainly I am attracted to "random women" precisely because I think everything works according to rules and nowhere in this entire universe is there any irregularity (only ignorance). Naturally, I am attracted to women who follow an algorithm that is out of sync with what I am used to. Still, this would likely be short-run curiosity that is no substitute for long-run compatability and in the long-run I require someone who is coherent and reasons in a logically valid manner. Now, it could be the case that the women intuits random things, spills it out, and then we reason through it together. This would imply that she is at least conscious of the difference between an intuition and rigorous thinking and contemplation and that she is capable of both. To that end, this women would certainly be deemed compatable. However, following the dictates of reason and logic is to be the rule and contradictions and subjective whims only the exception. Otherwise, there is no chance for compatibility as we would go together as square does to circle.
    For future reference:

Woman - singular
    Women - plural
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.