MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I don't get it. O_o
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Pray for that to stay
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Ne and Se perceive the same amount of objective information in different ways, making them, by definition, equal (in their amount of objectivity).

Proof positive that the notion that INTPs are the most "objective" is complete crap.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Ne and Se perceive the same amount of objective information in different ways, making them, by definition, equal (in their amount of objectivity). There is so subjectivity in extraverted functions just as there is so objectivity in introverted functions.
    sure, but it's not a matter of just quantity, it's about quality too.

S sees what is; N sees what could be. in other words - what is not, and then what could fill in that blank.

given, both are cognitive functions, so both will be subjective to a certain degree - we don't have reality outside of our minds - but it seems like N takes more steps to get to what it sees. the more steps you take, the more "in your head" it is. the more it has a chance to be influenced by your other, less objective functions.

so perhaps S and N are equally objective, but i don't thinks S types and N types necessarily are.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by entropie

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

Proof positive that the notion that INTPs are the most "objective" is complete crap.
    That would be one bad apple, your highness.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

It's possible for an ESFP or an ISFJ to be more objective than an ENTP or an INTP.

I may have a preference or predisposition for objectivity, and it may be related to my MBTI type, but it doesn't mean I'm better at it than anybody else.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    It's possible for an ESFP or an ISFJ to be more objective than an ENTP or an INTP.

I may have a preference or predisposition for objectivity, and it may be related to my MBTI type, but it doesn't mean I'm better at it than anybody else.
    How people define objectivity is subjective. Hence the irony.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    ENTP

1).Objectivity in its pure form cannot be attained by neither type; we are all equipped with a cognitive faculty that impedes us to see things how they are in themselves. Indeed any experience undergoes subjective analysis even if this analysis is based on (objective)the laws of logic. The reason being is that it matters what laws of logic one applies as being the criterion by which we can evaluate objectivity-the selection of such laws precludes pure objectivity.

1a).Why someone may ask"why the distinction between objectivity when it comes to the laws of logic and not objectivity when it comes to experience?"
    Experiential events (phenomenology) is as HUme suggests synthetical in nature (available through experience/observation) or Kantian 'a posteriori' whereas the laws of logic are universally valid and a priori/independent to experience.
    1b). The tendency is to imitate the latter, namely to analytically deduct objectivity but such thing cannot be accomplished wihotu once again appealing to a criterion which is subjective in nature.
    [

So... I take it that both of you agree with me that it is not possible to determine "who is more objective" by looking at MBTI types?
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com