User Tag List

First 172526272829 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by rickyricardosaid View Post
    I was under the impression that this was an INTP and ENTP comparison over objectiveness?

I state this because I for one am an ENTP and INTP; one percent Introverted or one percent Extroverted and I can only say this because half my tests came out one result and the others came out the opposite results.
    Ur doing it wrong. That's not how MBTI works.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Is objectivity really related to type? I don't think so.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    Is objectivity really related to type? I don't think so.
    SILENCE! Some of us are trying to validate ourselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    SILENCE! Some of us are trying to validate ourselves here.
    :workout:

MBTI
    ISTP

ENTP: "Let's do X"
    Me: "Okay."
    ENTP: "Nah, this is better."
    Me: "All right."
    ENTP: "On second thought..."
    Me: "Yes?"

Patience.

Regarding the topic, I find my INTP friend more logical than my ENTP friend. His ideas and assumptions actually have a basis (thoroughly researched, analyzed, reworked, repeat until it's logically sound) 80-90% of the time he's right unless there's an unseen X factor vs. my ENTP just spits out ideas after idea without really truly thinking them through. I mean I like the way he thinks, but sometimes it doesn't always translate into reality.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    NTP

I was under the impression that this was an INTP and ENTP comparison over objectiveness?

I state this because I for one am an ENTP and INTP; one percent Introverted or one percent Extroverted (on the border line between E and I) and I can only say this because half my tests came out one result and the others came out the opposite results depending weather I was alone or surrounded by people. I dont understand why INTJ is being the topic of comparison in this forum...?

INTJ you have nothing to prove but the fact that you have a very competitive nature towards non-judgers of the same type I think we stimulate your argumentative nature in away almost attracting a debate.... but Im asking you to stay out of this one and let the comparison between INTP and ENTP continue... dont losse sight of the purpose of this blog; "INTP vs ENTP. War of objectivity!"

now for every one that wants to reply please reply to a maner of comparison between INTP and ENTP...

Im am curious to know your point of view on the matter at hand (INTP and ENTP)

also pardon my grammar

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I state this because I for one am an ENTP and INTP
    lol noob
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    NTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    This is a subject that first came about around a year ago or so for me.
    I was trying to determine what would be the most objective type in the MBTI, and I felt confident in my accuracy when I decided that NTP would be more objective than any other three letters(to which I had some agreement from others that I know).

But I was then forced to determine if the ENTP or the INTP would be more objective, and I have been uncertain to this day.
    The INTP could be assumed more subjective because of their rather self-contained means of thinking. We could argue that you'd need to pay more attention to the outer world to be objective, like an ENTP.

But look at it this way...

The ENTP gets much more caught up in the events around it. What I'm getting at here, is that you can sometimes be so deep in something that you lose sight of it. The INTP has the advantage of the "man from mars" effect. Social pressure and engineering should not have much affect on an INTP, where as they should on an ENTP.

In general, one might still be conceptually leaning toward the ENTP on this, but my question is also partly based on personal experience.
    In my experience, the INTPs have been more objective than the ENTPs.
    Is that just a fluke?

I guess the first function could make no difference at all, resulting in a tie.
    Agreed!!! its the difference between painting many small pictures and one big picture the two final product will ultimately way about the same... figuratively speaking that is.

MBTI
    NTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Ur doing it wrong. That's not how MBTI works.
    if your talking about the MBTI test; when Im around people for sum reason my tests comes up ENTP meaning in class I get a ENTP result even when Im not socializing with anyone or if anyone is near me... Alone at home I get an INTP result... I dont think you know me well enough to assume Im wrong... for every rule there's an exception; Whats telling you other then your bias; that Im not the exception?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

if your talking about the MBTI test; when Im around people for sum reason my tests comes up ENTP meaning in class I get a ENTP result even when Im not socializing with anyone or if anyone is near me... Alone at home I get an INTP result... I dont think you know me well enough to assume Im wrong... for every rule there's an exception; Whats telling you other then your bias; that Im not the exception?
    What you have written has shown you are failing to understand the test. The test scores you so low on E/I because it's saying it is only 1% sure that you are one or the other, not that you are a 1% introvert or extrovert. You have answered the questions in an ambivalent/even manner and the course of action for you to take after that is independent research to determine your type. It's a common mistake people make, but it is a mistake.