User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Your typical, run-of-the-mill INTJ will probably lose to an equally-normal INTP.
    i agree with this. and i think INTJs are the easiest to be proven wrong out of all rationals. if they are level headed enough to listen to you in the 1st place. well at least all the INTJs i know listen to me.
    Last edited by Riva; 04-27-2009 at 07:41 AM.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Kind of...Ni allows them to look at different interpretations of the same things more easily, but in combination with Te it can create thought patterns like: "Well since there are so many possible interpretations of this idea, and I can't really prove with total objectivity that one is better than any other, I may as well just go with the one that seems intuitively obvious to me and stick with it until I reach my goals."

They're very aware of other ways of interpreting things; they just have to be shown a very compelling reason that they should change the interpretation under which they're operating before they're willing to do so.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTP

IXTJs are the most objective.

Firstly INTJs are best at adducing evidence to prove a point. Also, measurable quantities always matter to a extroverted thinkers. Measurable quantities are inherently more objective.

INTPs are very logical but they can tend to be pessimistic for no good logical reason. They give into their introverted sensing function too much and thus get dogmatically stuck in detail land. Thus details matter way too much or way too little.

ISTJs and INTJs are more than likely going to have pretty developed secondary functions because let's face it, this world is a world of extroverted feelers and extroverted thinkers.

INTPs has a complicated relationship between introverted thinking and extroverted intuition that is going to make the INTP behave impulsively at times and thus irrationally. Even though INTPs are rational in principle they are not necessarily rational in decisions. They may also have trouble objectively summing up the situation. Too many possibilities enter into the picture even ones that are definitely improbable. INTJs are a lot better at handling probability scenarios.

Nevertheless, INTPs will always have ideas and thoughts derived from logical principles that they are consciously aware of. The INTJ will always have ideas bubble up out of nowhere (that they don't have much conscious control over) even though they will have a logical sense to them that their extroverted thinking function will help address.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Socrates won this war for the INTPs years ago.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by LogicDictates View Post

Firstly INTJs are best at adducing evidence to prove a point. Also, measurable quantities always matter to a extroverted thinkers. Measurable quantities are inherently more objective.

INTPs are very logical but they can tend to be pessimistic for no good logical reason. They give into their introverted sensing function too much and thus get dogmatically stuck in detail land. Thus details matter way too much or way too little.

ISTJs and INTJs are more than likely going to have pretty developed secondary functions because let's face it, this world is a world of extroverted feelers and extroverted thinkers.

INTPs has a complicated relationship between introverted thinking and extroverted intuition that is going to make the INTP behave impulsively at times and thus irrationally. Even though INTPs are rational in principle they are not necessarily rational in decisions. They may also have trouble objectively summing up the situation. Too many possibilities enter into the picture even ones that are definitely improbable. INTJs are a lot better at handling probability scenarios.

Nevertheless, INTPs will always have ideas and thoughts derived from logical principles that they are consciously aware of. The INTJ will always have ideas bubble up out of nowhere (that they don't have much conscious control over) even though they will have a logical sense to them that their extroverted thinking function will help address.
    Provide evidence plox.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    NTP

I was under the impression that this was an INTP and ENTP comparison over objectiveness?

I state this because I for one am an ENTP and INTP; one percent Introverted or one percent Extroverted and I can only say this because half my tests came out one result and the others came out the opposite results.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Socrates won this war foragainst the INTPs years ago.
    fify

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

why would intp's/entp's be more "objective" than istps/estp's.

Also there's a strange premise that having a detached demeanour means one will in practice get closer to the truth. But that's not really the case is it? Quite often people who make great scientific discoveries which advanced our understanding of our universe and socieities (i.e. the objective reality around us), were partisans for their particular idea. Whereas quite often a person with a detached demeanour, did nothing to actually advance humanities understanding fo the objective reality around them.

If you live in a society like ours, which is ultimately based on superstitions and metaphysical ideas (the "nation", the "market", "human nature", etc.), then in order to be objective, IMO, you must be a partisan against these ideas. In the same way that someone living in a flat-earth society had to be a radical partisan against the church, and for the scientific method, in order to advance people's knowledge of objective reality.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

INTP, followed by ISTP and ENTJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Enneagram

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LogicDictates View Post

Great post