• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP vs ENTP. War of objectivity!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was under the impression that this was an INTP and ENTP comparison over objectiveness?

I state this because I for one am an ENTP and INTP; one percent Introverted or one percent Extroverted and I can only say this because half my tests came out one result and the others came out the opposite results.

Ur doing it wrong. That's not how MBTI works.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
ENTP: "Let's do X"
Me: "Okay."
ENTP: "Nah, this is better."
Me: "All right."
ENTP: "On second thought..."
Me: "Yes?"

Patience. :)

Regarding the topic, I find my INTP friend more logical than my ENTP friend. His ideas and assumptions actually have a basis (thoroughly researched, analyzed, reworked, repeat until it's logically sound) 80-90% of the time he's right unless there's an unseen X factor vs. my ENTP just spits out ideas after idea without really truly thinking them through. I mean I like the way he thinks, but sometimes it doesn't always translate into reality.

rickyricardosaid

MBTI Type
NTP
I was under the impression that this was an INTP and ENTP comparison over objectiveness?

I state this because I for one am an ENTP and INTP; one percent Introverted or one percent Extroverted (on the border line between E and I) and I can only say this because half my tests came out one result and the others came out the opposite results depending weather I was alone or surrounded by people. I dont understand why INTJ is being the topic of comparison in this forum...?

INTJ you have nothing to prove but the fact that you have a very competitive nature towards non-judgers of the same type I think we stimulate your argumentative nature in away almost attracting a debate.... but Im asking you to stay out of this one and let the comparison between INTP and ENTP continue... dont losse sight of the purpose of this blog; "INTP vs ENTP. War of objectivity!"

now for every one that wants to reply please reply to a maner of comparison between INTP and ENTP...

Im am curious to know your point of view on the matter at hand (INTP and ENTP)

also pardon my grammar

rickyricardosaid

MBTI Type
NTP
This is a subject that first came about around a year ago or so for me.
I was trying to determine what would be the most objective type in the MBTI, and I felt confident in my accuracy when I decided that NTP would be more objective than any other three letters(to which I had some agreement from others that I know).

But I was then forced to determine if the ENTP or the INTP would be more objective, and I have been uncertain to this day.
The INTP could be assumed more subjective because of their rather self-contained means of thinking. We could argue that you'd need to pay more attention to the outer world to be objective, like an ENTP.

But look at it this way...

The ENTP gets much more caught up in the events around it. What I'm getting at here, is that you can sometimes be so deep in something that you lose sight of it. The INTP has the advantage of the "man from mars" effect. Social pressure and engineering should not have much affect on an INTP, where as they should on an ENTP.

In general, one might still be conceptually leaning toward the ENTP on this, but my question is also partly based on personal experience.
In my experience, the INTPs have been more objective than the ENTPs.
Is that just a fluke?

I guess the first function could make no difference at all, resulting in a tie.
Agreed!!! its the difference between painting many small pictures and one big picture the two final product will ultimately way about the same... figuratively speaking that is.

rickyricardosaid

MBTI Type
NTP
Ur doing it wrong. That's not how MBTI works.
if your talking about the MBTI test; when Im around people for sum reason my tests comes up ENTP meaning in class I get a ENTP result even when Im not socializing with anyone or if anyone is near me... Alone at home I get an INTP result... I dont think you know me well enough to assume Im wrong... for every rule there's an exception; Whats telling you other then your bias; that Im not the exception?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
if your talking about the MBTI test; when Im around people for sum reason my tests comes up ENTP meaning in class I get a ENTP result even when Im not socializing with anyone or if anyone is near me... Alone at home I get an INTP result... I dont think you know me well enough to assume Im wrong... for every rule there's an exception; Whats telling you other then your bias; that Im not the exception?

What you have written has shown you are failing to understand the test. The test scores you so low on E/I because it's saying it is only 1% sure that you are one or the other, not that you are a 1% introvert or extrovert. You have answered the questions in an ambivalent/even manner and the course of action for you to take after that is independent research to determine your type. It's a common mistake people make, but it is a mistake.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I changed my mind. Te is an empirical, externally based logical function. Therefore it meets both of MP's possibility criterions (being a Thinking function and paying attntion to the external world). In addition, Te paired with Si would be more objective than Te paired with Ni, as it would focus on the world as it is, rather than as the individual in question believes it should be.

Therefore, the most objective type of all is ESTJ.

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I changed my mind. Te is an empirical, externally based logical function. Therefore it meets both of MP's possibility criterions (being a Thinking function and paying attntion to the external world). In addition, Te paired with Si would be more objective than Te paired with Ni, as it would focus on the world as it is, rather than as the individual in question believes it should be.

Therefore, the most objective type of all is ESTJ.

My dad and brother are both ESTJs. They are definitely NOT objective, in any fashion, at all.

quamdel

MBTI Type
INTP
I feel like ENTPs are not as objective as INTPs.

An INTP can detach themselves much easier from their enviornment to analyze something, while it seems an ENTP must interact with the world, in a way.
(Definitely the NTP subtype though)

ENTP INTP
Extraverted Intuition Introverted Thinking
Introverted Thinking Extraverted Intuition
Extraverted Feeling Introverted Sensing
Introverted Sensing Extraverted Feeling

I just think that given the type preferences, the INTP would be naturally inclined to approach things objectively. Combine our introverted nature with the strength of Dominant Ti. Both types are capable of being supremely objective, yet once those moments pass, the ENTP may return to the Extraverted world, possibly to socialize or make more connections, while the INTP will retreat to the Introverted world, most often to continue analyzing something they already started.

ENTPs :hifive: INTPs

R

ReflecTcelfeR

It depends on whether you see Ne as being objective because it is determined solely by the object and it's substance, or if you see Ti being 'logical', but this logic being logical and not subject to the distortion that a introverted judging function is prone too.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread... I suppose I might take credit for making one of those monsters that never finally dies.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Part of me wishes this thread would just die and never come back. Another part of me thinks, "when in Rome...".

I feel like ENTPs are not as objective as INTPs.

An INTP can detach themselves much easier from their enviornment to analyze something, while it seems an ENTP must interact with the world, in a way.

Being detached from the environment makes one less objective rather than more objective. Judging everying by the rules of your own internal world is not objective at all. Reality is the only basis for objectivity, and therefore extraverted functions are more objective than their introverted counterparts.

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Part of me wishes this thread would just die and never come back. Another part of me thinks, "when in Rome...".

Being detached from the environment makes one less objective rather than more objective. Judging everying by the rules of your own internal world is not objective at all. Reality is the only basis for objectivity, and therefore extraverted functions are more objective than their introverted counterparts.

EXACTLY, what i was thinking. Just didnt bother to post it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It has the mortal non-cancerous persistence of a naked mole rat, Magic.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
This is a fool-hearty war...