User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Default There's always something missing...

Is it just me, or does everyone feel this? I want to get out and find what it is, but it always seems wrong, or out of reach... a mere ideal. There's always something in the way, nothing flows or works out right.

Really, I don't know what it is, I just know that I want it, and that it's not there. Maybe it's just progression, or the mindset that I have is a means of striving for progress...

I know that when I get this feeling that somethings missing, I start to expect too much from reality and wind up crushed and defeated. How can I possibly get around this?
    5 3 9

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

It's your next eureka moment, the next piece of new information you had not known before. The next small bit you can add to your great collection of lotsabits. That is that feeling.

Everytime you find your next bit, another bit will take its place. The feeling never dissappates. But you don't really want that feeling to go away, because you want to know what it is!

So death is no solution, you'll just die wondering what it is you're missing.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    It's your next eureka moment, the next piece of new information you had not known before. The next small bit you can add to your great collection of lotsabits. That is that feeling.

Everytime you find your next bit, another bit will take its place. The feeling never dissappates. But you don't really want that feeling to go away, because you want to know what it is!

So death is no solution, you'll just die wondering what it is you're missing.
    The only way out seems to be distraction, occupying yourself by living in the moment, or by living for a goal in the future. Those solutions are so much brighter than death

I guess I just lack a goal then
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    The only way out seems to be distraction, occupying yourself by living in the moment, or by living for a goal in the future. Those solutions are so much brighter than death

I guess I just lack a goal then
    I suppose as a Ne dom you've got a more easy time of distracting you from that sensation. The only times I forget that feeling is when I experience extreme bursts of pleasure.

My right arm is my dominant arm, and wields the mouse. Yet my left arm has the biggest muscles. What can I say, I try my hardest to distract myself.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I think this is the reason people end up overeating, or becoming acoholics etc. They're attempting to fill that hole and they can't see that it's not working. I need to stop this feeling, but it doesn't seem like a simple thing to do.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I suppose as a Ne dom you've got a more easy time of distracting you from that sensation. The only times I forget that feeling is when I experience extreme bursts of pleasure.

My right arm is my dominant arm, and wields the mouse. Yet my left arm has the biggest muscles. What can I say, I try my hardest to distract myself.
    Even this forum is just one big distraction... but then again, it's all relative isn't it, what is it a distraction from? Living. Who's to say that living is more important than foruming? lol
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think this is the reason people end up overeating, or becoming acoholics etc. They're attempting to fill that hole and they can't see that it's not working. I need to stop this feeling, but it doesn't seem like a simple thing to do.
    Then try to cherish it. As you now know that this feeling is the reason that drives you. In many ways, it's the reason you live for. Even if you experience the feeling as a nagging annoying little child that constantly says "But why?" after everything you say.

Repeat after me. It's ours, it's within us. And we wish it never gone.

And yes, it may just be why people over-eat too and such, I never gave it that much thought. It rocks to be able to pause it. But I really do not hate that I experience it.

Edit: You'll find what's missing within your interests. If the forum is your interest, then that's a good reason as any. But even on the forum, the feeling doesn't dissappear from me. I still don't know enough. I have to keep learning. I want to reach 99.99% omniscience. Or die trying, which is more likely.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Then try to cherish it. As you now know that this feeling is the reason that drives you. In many ways, it's the reason you live for. Even if you experience the feeling as a nagging annoying little child that constantly says "But why?" after everything you say.

Repeat after me. It's ours, it's within us. And we wish it never gone.

And yes, it may just be why people over-eat too and such, I never gave it that much thought. It rocks to be able to pause it. But I really do not hate that I experience it.

Edit: You'll find what's missing within your interests. If the forum is your interest, then that's a good reason as any. But even on the forum, the feeling doesn't dissappear from me.
    That's an interesting approach to it, I don't think I would have thought of that. I think that's gonna work too. Now, I have the solution... but I don't remember the path that lead to it. damned intuition!!! I think that solves it, but I think I should think some more... or sleep

Thanks Fluffster
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I'm always looking for something more.
    It never stops and although occasionally something will fill the emptiness, it doesn't last long.
    I hate the feeling as it tends to often depress me, but in the end-- it is what keeps me going, as said by Fluffywolf. It's what causes me to keep climbing for something higher and unable to be content with mediocrity.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah, I know the feeling. could explain a lot of issues really, all types of addictions trying to fill holes. It's when I start something new but even then I have the lingering feeling I'm not doing something or knowing something I should do or know. Like there's just a big piece of the puzzle missing.