User Tag List

First 12

All Natural! All Good!

I think I know what you mean... if I understand correctly, I experience something similar. I think what is missing is what is elusive, but I don't know specifically what it is. With all I find, there still seems to be something I haven't found -- I just don't know what that something is. It's a nagging feeling. But anyway, I guess that is what prevents perfection, what stops life from having guarantees. I can only optimize, never perfect, because that would take the "chance" element out of life and maybe that chance is what makes it life in the first place. I don't know what I'm talking about ... haha (and I didn't realize this was in the NT personal threads but now I'm gonna post anyway...)
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

These quotes are yours King-Of-Despair of the first post. (1). " I want to get out and find what it is..." In my case i believe for one is a person introverted vs. more extroverted. I live in a world with more abstract thinking. It intrigues my person-hood more than physical reality. I do not know why this so happens being. I am INFP and many a wishful thought is if i could preferably become an "SP," supposedly living in a more external world orientation. This is not to happen. We must all live and learn accepting limitations of what we can and can't necessarily do.

(2). "...a mere ideal." You happened meeting a head of a nail with a close proximity with a bulls-eye. Many of our afflictitions are the result we have with expectations, meeting head on, the reality of a real world. My beleif is that we have to many external sources with a value and "false valued system, before we can properly identify a core real self. If it were possible to have a firm grasp of who we are, what are capabilities happen being, plus in a sense what we are destined being in this life-time, i believe then there would be less of a cofusion and as well a sort of phenomenon called existential angst. "Where am I? Who am I? How did I come to be here? What is this thing called life? How did I come into the world? Why was I not consulted? And if I am compelled to take part in it, where is the director? I want to see him." Soren Kierkegaard

(3). "...have is a means of striving for progress..." It is a blief i happen having we all have talents. a unique gift, our core individual life gift as you could term. A trick is to find that gift and do it. I believe each of us has a gift. Doing this gift, one achieves a sense of happiness as well as utter timelessness. Finding one's gift will allow the spirit the freedom to soar. This is what life this life is. Find your gift and thus you find yourself. I happen to have a penchant for writing as well as a oratory skill when giving speeches. Doing your gift benefitting the world upon which we live on called earth. Reaching a heightened state of consciousness called flow. For each of us are interrelated with every other life form. Combining our gifts can also produce the added benefit of a byproduct called synergy or the synergism of which the sum is greater than the parts. This experience is as rapture, which is beyond heavenly words to describe. Only for one moment do we feel like we have experienced a little slice of heaven on earth. It is confounding as it is in effect beyond description. Finally it is achieving a balance.
    Last edited by lightsun; 07-30-2010 at 02:47 PM.

MBTI
    intP

Lightsun, sorry but without paragraph breaks, tl;dr.

Perhaps tangential but the feeling you're describing sounds a lot like the idea of desire in Buddhist thinking. The thinking goes that this desire and mindless reaction to it are the primary cause of unhappiness.

I've found that keeping fit minimizes the restless anxiety I feel and deep breathing often mitigates the experience when I get it. I'm an atheist and a white guy but I think those guys have something figured out about happiness.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Suttree wrote, (1). "... tangential but the feeling you're describing sounds a lot like the idea of desire in Buddhist thinking." I am influenced with the Buddhist point, as well also parables that Jesus taught.

Suttree, (2). "...desire and mindless reaction to it are the primary cause of unhappiness." Yes i did imply this in a general point of view This only in part the truth. We happen all of the time fighting in our inner self-hood a battle of our expectations versus reality. This way following instead of following a more Taoist approach.

One of the views i happened pointing out, is the establishment of a core-self (self-esteem or self-concept) to withstand and weather a storm of adversity. Instead learning to follow one's true life mission. And this is the establishment with the gift we possess and using it.

Oh i happened taking your advise and spliced up my threads a little more-many thanks of this suggestion).