• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why people don't like this approach ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As a person I place almost no value on "the" journey. The only thing that matters to me in is the final outcome and everything else is technically irrelevant.
However my tendency to go after a defintive outcome scares other people and it makes them uncomfortable quite a bit.
So this thread will probably look like a joke but I am dead serious about this

I will give a picturesquely example of my behaviour.
A baby is born and people are happy. Except me, since I keep my head cool. So Instead of being happy I calculate.

Like this.

Born 3.12.2005

Gender female

Current average life-span of females - 76 years.
(if it stays the same)

Estimated time of death 3.12.2081.

Size of possible error 10%

Meaning- she will die somewhere between 2076 and 2086.
The chances that she will die a violent or somehow tragic death are less than 1% and should not be takes as a likely outcome. Even if probablility exists. Which is further reducing the a fact that she is from a stabile family.
If something special does not happen her first day at school will be in september of of 2010 or 2011.
Since childern don't usually fair at this stage of lofe it is likely that she will enter a highschool 8 years later form her first day in school.

Statistically the chances are that she will be of average intelligence and skills. Or at least somewhere near the average.
If enought time is invested it can be calculated how much money she can possibly earn in life. Also it is would be advisable to calculate possible minimum and maximum to add flexibility the calculation. The chances of strong deviations from standard are possbible but statistical observations of current population shows that they don't happen to that many individuals.

Education and talents - unkown at this stage
However it is unlikely that they will make the child to be that much special that the child wil be much more succesful than children of her age. Gender suggests that it is more likely that she will take a more people oriented carrer.

Sexual pertners during life -time between 3 and 6
Number of childern 2 plus 1or2 aborted if current social trends continue.
Maximum number of childern that she can give birth - Unknown.

This is where i will stop since I think that everybody got my point. In realty I would be much more concrete since I would have a concrete person to analyse. Also I would place much more variables which I didn't place here since I don't want my example to be too complicated. Plus I would make a few "simulations" as well.

Basicly I define all major traits and variables at the start. So the journey is something that siimply has to happen to prove me right or wrong. (and nothing more). But generally speaking I am often quite correct about things.
Since most things are nothing more than a continuation of events from past mixed with statistical odds.

NPs usually have the bigges problems with this since they can comprehend my logic. But they have a huge need to explore and need to wonder. I basicly kill them when I show them some barrier in their life that is like 10 years ahead. (especially NFPs) Since I place their entire exploring thing in the context of space and time and show them how much time they have left. (or something)

SJs - either think you are rude or feel uncomfortabe since they can see your J logic which they like at work. But they feel so naked around you. I tend to think that NFJ are similar to SJs when it comes to this.

While SPs just say "cool" and walk away or they will try to convince that you need profesional help.

I could say much more but I will leave that for a thread. Instead I will just get to the point.

Why my thought process / approach makes people so uncomfortabe ?
I mean because of this I often don't show people who I am. Since people seem to be uncomfortable with idea that things can be that well summarized.

Basicly this is not about being correct or not this is about approach towards reality.

More info at post 29.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
What "approach"? Approach to what (life?) and with what intent?

Are you saying statistics can accurately predict a lot of stuff that goes on in someone's life? No shish kabob.

P

Phantonym

Well, I like this approach but I don't usually pay that much attention to it. As you don't value the "journey", others do. Things happen, life happens.

And as you said, it can be uncomfortable because you can't really take everything into account, so it's just pure guess (even though you're probably right about a lot of things).

And maybe people just don't want to face the "future" you can "predict" with your logic. It's like with the "fortune" tellers, you might want to know the "future" but you still like to think that you have a say in the matter how your life will turn out and defy the statistics. Call it being delusional or hopeful or whatever.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I would assume it is because your summation about the probable course of their life seems to them like it removes their ability to choose and de-personifies it, which understandably can make those uncomfortable.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
what is the journey?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I would assume it is because your summation about the probable course of their life seems to them like it removes their ability to choose and de-personifies it, which understandably can make those uncomfortable.

This is my conclusion as well.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What "approach"? Approach to what (life?) and with what intent?

Are you saying statistics can accurately predict a lot of stuff that goes on in someone's life? No shish kabob.

I am only saying that I am presuming alot about the future and I just can't take things as I go throught life. I simply have to define mosty probable scenarios and outomes and no matter how much I tried not to my brain will do it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
what is the journey?

in this thread "The journey" is when you live your life without too much planning or analizing its outcome. In short you don't have a clear goals or situations/scenarios in which you really want to get into. Basicly it is living life with alot of wonder and little conclussions.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
in this thread "The journey" is when you live your life without too much planning or analizing its outcome. In short you don't have a clear goals or situations/scenarios in which you really want to get into.

ok so you just dont get it

Lux

Kraken down on piracy

I agree with this. I also think people what to feel special, they want to feel that you're getting to know them on an individual level. People like to feel/think that they matter to others. Not everyone of course, but I think most.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
In this thread it can clearly seen how good I am in killiing fun actually.

How much unspontaneous is too unspontaneous?

Basicly this is how I operated beneath the skin. I can preted that I don't think like this by not acting like this. But this is who I am actually.

I think a lot of people act one way and think another. I do that to an extent. I don't like making people uncomfortable... I hope I don't get jumped on for not being true to myself :peepwall:, but some people are more comfortable if you just play nice and don't rock the boat, I keep them at an arms length. The ones who want to know the real you, are the ones you hold onto for as long as you can.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think a lot of people act one way and think another. I do that to an extent. I don't like making people uncomfortable... I hope I don't get jumped on for not being true to myself :peepwall:, but some people are more comfortable if you just play nice and don't rock the boat, I keep them at an arms length. The ones who want to know the real you, are the ones you hold onto for as long as you can.

Well that game of risk was just an example of what happens when I actually use my skills. However it is not that simple since I am quite strong T unlike you.

So it hard for me to be in touch with people in the way you are. What in combination with my planning skills and introversion makes me intimidating.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Well that game of risk was just an example of what happens when I actually use my skills. However it is not that simple since I am quite strong T unlike you.

I definitely understand where this would be easier for me. It comes more naturally for me. Do you sense it at all?

So it hard for me to be in touch with people in the way you are. What in combination with my planning skills and introversion makes me intimidating.

I grasp that, but not everyone would be intimated by that. I for one, wouldn't be. I suspect there are a few, if not more than a few people, who would this interesting.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Where I see this type of thing applying to INFJ is in regards to statistically speaking most people are gonna feel this way. Prove me wrong. This is actually much tougher in regards to feelings then concrete. So while she may be better with people, its much harder to prove.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I definitely understand where this would be easier for me. It comes more naturally for me. Do you sense it at all?

I grasp that, but not everyone would be intimated by that. I for one, wouldn't be. I suspect there are a few, if not more than a few people, who would this interesting.

1. Well if you are talking about being sensitive to people that the answer is no. However with a help of logic I try to figure out their emotional state.
Plus I makes you that I don't hurt the person I really don't have to.

2. I have realized that by now. However this is somehow limiting in socializing . Not to mention that I have a problem experiancing things that most people hold as the most wonderful part of life.
Basicly by Ni-Te duo just kills that part life experiance.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Find your other side. We all have 2 sides to us, what is your other side?

Basicly my life didn't allow me to develope something different. So I don't have anything else technically speaking. (but this is story for another thread)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Basicly my life didn't allow me to develope something different. So I don't have anything else technically speaking. (but this is story for another thread)

To answer the thread topic, I would think its bacuase you are telling people what they are gonna be, what if you turned this into options and choices for them? If you do XYZ statistically speaking you will get here or if you do ABC you will statistically speaking reach here.

You have alot of benefit as some people tend to focus on the creme of the crop or the top. What could happen, but what probably will happen gets them dissapointed. I personally feel this idealism on the back burner. Its like I want XYZ to happen but I know the probability is low and that I really shouldnt get my hopes up. Sadly most of the time I am not let down by Ni. Statistics do really suck and are dream killers.