User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    If you study music theory first, playing music will seem much more NT-oriented. You just have to approach it from the standpoint of a theoretical system, and then you'll see how to apply that system in reality.
    Maybe but I was never into music that much.
    Trust me painting is much better option in my case.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Maybe but I was never into music that much.
    Trust me painting is much better option in my case.
    ah well, suit yourself
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ah well, suit yourself

Well music is simply too much action and sensing oriented to be something I could enjoy in free time. Nothing more.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Well music is simply too much action and sensing oriented to be something I could enjoy in free time. Nothing more.
    Right, I understand. I meant that earnestly--you should suit yourself. You won't be any good at it if you don't enjoy it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

The reason why I started this thread is because I am doing some soulsearching.

Since my birth I was never something what you can call "really emotional person". However life made sure that I lose additional warmth/innocence.

My familiy is a good example. They never did anything really wrong to me it is just that I am the only child in my entire family. What means that I am losing them one by one and it is 100% certain that I will lose my entire family with time. Basicly this is why I started investing in social skills since friendships are the only thing that that can prevent scenario in which I am left completly alone in this world. And the reason why I started to used logic from the OP is because I have to know how much time I have before I am left alone in this world. I mean if I don't find SO I will never have family again.
    Basicly everybody in my family are looking at me in a way " He is the only one who will survive ". What left emotional consequences.
    Plus I have years of "violent/strategic gaming" behind me.

Problem number 2 - I grow up in a country that was was scourged by war and genocide. What made me realize how much expandable people really are.
    It is easy to debate questions of Ethics and existance of God and claim that we will never know that God exists or not. No matter if the the concept is somewhat ilogical.
    But for me this is prettly much solved case since it is obvious that this stuff does not work. There is simply too many empirical evidance since a way too much destruction and killing has been done around me to believe in classic spiritual concepts. I mean churches got destroyed, all patients from one hospital were taken out in the field and shot, concentration camps were constructed etc. However nothing happeed to most people that did those bad thing. (if they did died iin the war)
    Today many of them even have companies or work in law enforcment in the same country they were trying to destroy.
    This not bad as a fact is just that this shows to me how relative everything is in this world actually is. As a Ni-dom this is simply something I can't overlook.

Problem number 3 - From the moment I am born I live under crappy governments. What resulted with a fact that I live in disfunctional environment and like everybody else I have bad education (no matter what writes on my papers)

Basicly I didn't even start to live and I am already half bankrupt. Basicly this entire global economic crisis has no real effect on me since I live like this since I was a baby. And to be honest I have concluded that entire current system will have too fall if I were to have a normal life. I simply see no alrenative.
    Basicly I could say more but this is enough.

Problem number 4 - My professional scientific interest have led me too think that the world as we know it is pretty much doomed. Because of number of economical, ecological and geochemical reasons and to be honest i don't see how this can be changed.

In this thread you have the basic idea explained. The thread is not over but this is enought to get my point. There is plenty to read so who is interested be my guest.

Link

Now the question is how do I develop some idealism and I will call it "honest emotional fuzziness" or how do I become more emotonally sensitive towards people?

Any ideas ?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

In my opinion, your inferential procedure is wrong, in this specific case. Actuarial and statistical data is valid for populations, it doesn't validly predict the outcome of individuals. Its aggregation is based (usually) on the law of large numbers, thus what guarantees the correctness of the mean does not guarantee that the mean is a valid predictor of each data-point. Many of the characteristics you cite aren't Markov, thus they are not indipendent from preceeding realizations (in this case, it would be parent's and environment's characteristics), thus they cannot be predicted as-if the information up to t-1 doesn't matter.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    In my opinion, your inferential procedure is wrong, in this specific case. Actuarial and statistical data is valid for populations, it doesn't validly predict the outcome of individuals. Its aggregation is based (usually) on the law of large numbers, thus what guarantees the correctness of the mean does not guarantee that the mean is a valid predictor of each data-point.
    I know. I have expressed myself in a wrong way in some parts of the OP.

Basicly what I was saying is that 20 year-olds feel uncomfortable talking about their retirement.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Does it make me less of an INFP if your analysis doesn't bother me? So you bell curved the generalistics of a person's probable life; anyone with the information and the desire can do that. If there's more to what you analize I can see half decent detail being useful, but not scary. I half think about this stuff all the time when it comes to my own life.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Does it make me less of an INFP if your analysis doesn't bother me? So you bell curved the generalistics of a person's probable life; anyone with the information and the desire can do that.
    Yes, everybody can. But people seem to dislike thinking on such a long run and they dislike how much they are limited in their lives. (what I am showing them)

This was actually my main point in the OP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Yes, everybody can. But people seem to dislike thinking on such a long run and they dislike how much they are limited in their lives. (what I am showing them)

This was actually my main point in the OP.
    sorry added a bit to my post
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]