User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I think this is the S/N devide. While SJ types plan heavily they plan more for the present. NJs plan more for the future.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    You are confusing me. Was your whole point of the thread in regard to why people dont like it when you limit their timespan of life? Or the analytical approach? Timespan is pretty definite and simple, while people not liking the analytical approach spans a much larger picture.

The backward approach to me seems like you want to help people figure out what they will accomplish in a certain time frame and you limit what they can do by the amount of time they have. Who is to say how much someone can actually accomplish in a given time frame?

The problem I see in starting with the end is you have just capped what you can accomplish.
    Well my problem with people is exactly that I analize too much and I analize things in which people are are usually quite sensitive. So I keep my mouth shut most of the time and I appear as a person that is not interested in having any decent conversation with them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I don't see creativity. So you can apply statistics to someone's life. What does that matter? Does this show some kind of intelligence to you? What's the point?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well my problem with people is exactly that I analize too much and I analize things in which people are are usually quite sensitive. So I keep my mouth shut most of the time and I appear as a person that is not interested in having any decent conversation with them.
    This sounds a bit like egotism on their part. They want you to talk to them, but both in a way they prefer, and on their preferred subject matter.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I don't see creativity. So you can apply statistics to someone's life. What does that matter? Does this show some kind of intelligence to you? What's the point?
    Well as I said in some other therad Ni can't be controled.
    So this will happen whatever I want or not. However people have the tendency to ask questions. So I usually have to throw out this entire analysis from the conversation in order not to make people too uncomfortable.

Since I tend to think in a way "you get or your don't". Or to be more concrete ---> what is the percentage of what you know and understand for all the info you can get.

It is just that this can be somewhat frustrating to me since people tend to avoid objectivity. (at least this kind of objectivity)
    On the other hand this way of thinking can have a creative use since things are better defined. So maybe things and time can be used batter since some people would probably be a more creative about leaving something on this worlds since time is limited. But of course transition to this mindset can be emotionally painful.

To me basicly everything comes down to self-improvment since I have nothing else / better to do. (but thats just me)

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Is this something you want to change?
    If so...
    Learn to play guitar, or paint. Maybe that will break free the log jam in your mind. In other words, if you want to expand your mind, you should probably do something that is a little more inclusive of little-used parts of your mind than just statistical analysis.

Or alternately, just don't speak and smile a bit. You won't say off-putting things, and people will be less likely to think you're a robot.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Please note: I'm actually interested so don't write me off.

So what you are saying is when you see someone you think of them as a statistic?

I don't see how self improvement would come from this. Most people realize their time is limited. My grandma is 95 but one of my uncles only lived to be 43 (by natural causes) so I could actually die any time of a heart attack.

How do you think I should improve my life by thinking of it statistically?

MBTI
    STP

Well as I said in some other therad Ni can't be controled.
    Ni can be controlled by a filter. But you need someone who doesnt mind Ni unfiltered, but also benefits from you filtering Ni with Te. Te I believe is pre-emptively controlling what triggers Ni. What if you focused it on things that cause you to get past other situations you need to sorta deaden with analyzation like you did with things like mortality?
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Please note: I'm actually interested so don't write me off.

So what you are saying is when you see someone you think of them as a statistic?

I don't see how self improvement would come from this. Most people realize their time is limited. My grandma is 95 but one of my uncles only lived to be 43 (by natural causes) so I could actually die any time of a heart attack.

How do you think I should improve my life by thinking of it statistically?

It all depends on how you define self-improvment.
    On the other hand, yes there is always uncertainty but what also matters are odds. I mean statisticly your uncle had a bad luck of being one that die a way too early. But this isn't true for most people.
    But to unaswer your question : yes I don't use Fe as much as I should.

For me self-improvment is figuring out things/outcomes and using them for something. What mean that I am using fairly large amout of impersonal analysis in my daily life.

I know that this is a little bit heartless existance but I am enjoying it.
    Every person has it own standars. But the problem is that mine are directly clashing with social norms.

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Is this something you want to change?
    If so...
    Learn to play guitar, or paint. Maybe that will break free the log jam in your mind. In other words, if you want to expand your mind, you should probably do something that is a little more inclusive of little-used parts of your mind than just statistical analysis.

Or alternately, just don't speak and smile a bit. You won't say off-putting things, and people will be less likely to think you're a robot.

Well guitar is a way too Se/Fi thing for me but painting is something I could try.
    Actually I was thinking about trying it for some time now.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Well guitar is a way too Se/Fi thing for me but painting is something I could try.
    Actually I was thinking about trying it for some time now.
    If you study music theory first, playing music will seem much more NT-oriented. You just have to approach it from the standpoint of a theoretical system, and then you'll see how to apply that system in reality.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?