User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm guessing that the fact that

a. you're not following the social norm in your reaction
    b. you're showing no Fe, which is warm and squishy and makes people happy
    c. you're acting like a computer, not a human (to reiterate the above point I guess) and humans are comfortable with humanity more than cyborgs

there's certain responses that people expect in certain situations- and they tend to expect you to at least show some shred of humanity at what are considered important life events- even to fake it is better for fitting in than sounding like a stats program that's developed the ability to speak... sound too mechanical and they'll fear that you'll start repeating "exterminate, exterminate" while walking towards them or something of the sort... it's just natural human reaction I guess

(I could go into more sociological detail, but my breakfast is ready...)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Statistics are useful for predicting population trends, not individual trends. Every individual could be an outlier in the normative curve.

Now, to answer your question: as an ENFP, I'm disturbed that it could easily lead you to underestimating me. To say that some roadblock 10 years ahead will most likely stop me from accomplishing X is insulting, because it assumes that I'm average (ie not an outlier).

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I find that most people will take your analysis personally. They will assume that you do not afford them the proper respect.

I for one, think you'd be right mostly, but it's kind of a hard pill to swallow for most.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Do mine! Do mine!

Born: 1970

No cheating!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    I find that most people will take your analysis personally. They will assume that you do not afford them the proper respect.

I for one, think you'd be right mostly, but it's kind of a hard pill to swallow for most.
    Do you offer them the proper respect? Or do you use statistics to assume that a person you just met will take it personally.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    In this thread it can clearly seen how good I am in killiing fun actually.

How much unspontaneous is too unspontaneous?

Basicly this is how I operated beneath the skin. I can preted that I don't think like this by not acting like this. But this is who I am actually.
    Hey, it's a useful skill in occupations like meteorologist, stock broker, etc. The key is knowing its limits, and it is extremely limited on the individual level.

Also, it helps to know how to phrase your conclusions to those who are easily offended. I can tell you from experience that blunt honesty with everyone all the time is not a good thing (try it, and you'll see what I mean).

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Do you offer them the proper respect? Or do you use statistics to assume that a person you just met will take it personally.
    Honestly, if I start think in a statistical manner about other people, I usually just keep it to myself.

Whether it's out of respect, or just staying out of trouble depends entirely upon the person. In the OP's case of a newborn, it's probably the latter. Thinking like AO's example is sometimes done simply as something to muse the time away, and not out of irreverence.

Edit: And to answer your question, no. This is one of the rare instances of my Si speaking up.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

To OP: using statistics to predict the course of a new-born's life reminds me very much of the way my ISTJ dad thinks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I think that you guys should take the closer look at the end of the OP .

This is not at all about being correct or incorrect it is about looking at thing is purely analitical way. The fact that I have used the child example is irrelevant for the thread. I have used this only bacuse it shows how impersonal my aproach is and how long term oriented it is but there is no deeper reason.

Statistic as a staistic is irrelevant. The point is that I am limiting a person to a time span. So people usually feel traped when talking to me. Exactly since I give little flexibility. Since I usually start thinking about people from the stand point of when they are going to die and then I procede to what they could possibly do while they are alive.
    So i am wondering why people feel uncomfortable thinking about their lives from this perspective.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Is this all who you are, or is this how you see everything? The key to growth is to step outside your box, it's as simple and as difficult as that.
    5 3 9