User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

To place no value on "the journey" is not so much weird to me as it is soulless.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Why is it weird? You could find these statistics anywhere. He just happened to apply them to a specific situation. He likes documentaries so he's not that weird.
    Thanks for defending me.

But the first post is said in a wrong way. The whole point is that you simply take a look at the this new person. Take a few basic facts abut human life and scenarios about future develpment of politics, technology , economy and try to presume how this persons life could look like and what are the odds for this or that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphion View Post
    To place no value on "the journey" is not so much weird to me as it is soulless.
    I agree. Believe it or not.

MBTI
    ENTP

So why get up in the morning? Just another day in a pointless life.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

you're not soulless, you're just different and totally out of touch with you feelings...?
    Enneagram 5w4.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphion View Post
    So why get up in the morning? Just another day in a pointless life.

Just because it is pointless that does not mean that you should ignore it.
    But of course you can do that. The thing is that towards my personal philosophy nothing really makes sense. So living life that is philosophically pointless is something I am quite comfortable with. Especially since I think that human logic is too primitive to fully understand the reality.

Here is the core of the problem. If you always start work from setting a goal you will always work towards goals. But when you reach a goal you must set another one. So the only way to have a meaning in life to constantly have a goal is to having an infinite numbers of goals. What mean that you will never achive them. What then means that the goal chasing philosophy is pointless.

Now you can take P logic and live day by day. But that does not change anything. Since it only provides a sense of purposse and advanture. However we both have the same problem in life. The only thing is that you probably don't look at it this way.

So if I have choice between a pointless life, the illision that I don't live a pointless life and not having a life at all I will choose the option one.

Especially since science could provide total twists with time.
    However if you complety change all the factors then all values you hold now are becoming obsolete or pointless.
    So when you sum all of this the only way that I can get goal orieted logic (TJ) and common sense in one place is by throwing away conventional wisdom completly. (some would call it common sense)

However if you reject that there is no reason why I should not get up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    you're not soulless, you're just different and totally out of touch with you feelings...?
    I can agree with this.

hmmm-the OP-I kinda get what you were doing. I sort of do that with groups of people or even individuals. I sort of-well-this sounds really bad-I objectify them and study them in a sense. I observe their patterns, make predictions, and then sort of even map out what I expect them to do. It isnt that I tell them this or would ever limit them to not step out of those patterns-its just that that is how I observe the world sometimes.

So I can understand that you perceive and evaluate the world a bit differently than most people. There isnt anything WRONG with that-just different.

Now to share that with another-well I'd find it entertaining myself. I'd laugh, then try and find all the possible ways I could totally f'ck up your model. I'd spend the next half hour making your brain explode with "What ifs" and "what abouts" just for fun. I'd giggle too.

Is it constraining to me personally? I guess I could see how some folks might feel it was. But in my mind, we are all part of some sort of continous flowing thing anyways. Sure you can map out concrete stats that decsribe what is my most likely path. I will then promptly ignore them and dance my way through all the possibilities that life has to offer and enjoy each.

The world in my mind is like a beach that never ends, with beautiful rocks glittering wet in the sun. Underneath each there are things of beauty, mysteries to solve, puzzles to ponder. I dont actually have to DO anything with those puzzles, just solving them is beauty in itself. Just to feel the pieces become whole, experience the emotions, observe the beauty. That is enough. I then move to the next rock, the next pattern, the next beautiful piece of life to marvel over.

It's totally okay if in doing all of that, I end up as part of the statistical calculation that is humanity-ie your perception-I am okay with that, I dont even care.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

are you sad/ lonely?
    Enneagram 5w4.

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    are you sad/ lonely?
    1. Not at all.
    2. Actaully I would just like to have a bigger impact and more contol.
    This is why I am ending this totally introverted phase. I mean I am awkward but that does not mean that I should avoid life altogather. It was fun but that is no longer the case.

MBTI
    ENTP

What difference does it make whether or not human logic is capable of grasping the ultimate reality? All that matters is that human logic is capable of improving our imperfect understanding. This was the great lesson of Socrates. It is worth our while to move the banner in the direction of Truth, even if we never fully grasp it.

I generally approve of having goals, but it's not self-evident to me that goal-setting is the pathway to wisdom. Nor do I find it obvious that achieving goals and setting new ones equates to a prime directive of "goal-setting" as the philosophy or meaning of life.

The process by which we attempt to understand our situation and answer the questions: What is life? Who am I? What is my purpose? -- this is the process of discovery that makes our lives worth living.

To presuppose that the answers are not forthcoming (hence, it is a waste of time) denies the fact that there are degrees of imperfection in our imperfect understandings. For example, there may be no perfect understanding of the problem of justice. However, it is a worthy topic of study, and those who have attempted to understand justice by reading the "great books" (like Plato's Republic) grasp the problem even if they fail to possess the solution and there is independent value in grasping a problem in all its complexity.

The crisis of modernity would seem to suggest that we may be free-falling in the abyss of nihilism, but I would argue that the evidence for the death of God and the pointlessness of existence is not conclusive. We should not accept the verdict so readily because the consequences are unbearably high.

At the very least, questions like these are of the highest importance and should be given our strictest and most serious attention if we are serious thinkers and who to maximize our potential as intellectual and spiritual beings in possession of this miraculous gift that is sentient life.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    As the poster above says "this is wierd" . Well it is wierd but non the less this is the core of how I function.

The thing is that I am hidding this trait for quite some time now. Also you can say the same for a number of personality traits I possess. Basicly this is what I am doing since my birth. Sometimes more sometimes less but I am doing it all the time.

However lately I have come to some conclussions. Which is that I will never fit in my environment. Also I have to realized that I don't have to really fit in to interact with it.

However hanging with Ps can be unsatisfing experinace for me. Since I am not really one of them. Actually when I took my first MBTI test (which I have discovered by accident). My J was clearly my weakest letter. But with more research/thinking about it, it become obvious that I am quite a J and that I am simply using intuition to fit into my environment.
    The fact that both of my parents are artistic FPs also didn't help me that much in life either. Which is because they have serious problems with my Te. (from the day one)
    I guess As, the question is-why do you feel you have to fit in? You seem like A pretty normal INTJ which means you will be kinda odd, no matter what. Now I suppose you could beat yourself up endlessly over this or just accept and understand what you are, and that you will always be different.

Recognize the great strength this gives you. INTJs can do exceptionally well in the world thanks to their strength and independance. You do exist somewhat seperately from others. You always will. But you can still accomplish whatever it is you seek to do. Recognize you will likely have a few very close emotional connections, but will be perceived as different by most folks in the world. That isnt bad, but maybe lonely a touch. I kinda know what you mean honestly.

So I have turned to uber introversion. To hide my nature and to reduce the awkvardness. I don't know how many times I could have said something but I didn't. Especially since being quiet = getting along with people in my case for the most part.

Even I wasn't trully sure about this since I am faking some introversion so why not thinking as well . But recently I have realized that tests are trully correct because a few days ago my grandmother died. What didn't have any emotional impact on me. I mean trully nothing: 0 tears 0 gref.
    I tend to be this way towards grief as well honestly-especially expected deaths. If you anticipate the event and rationalize it I can see why it would be very easy to dismiss your pain. The deaths of the young or children upset me greatly. The deaths of the elderly evoke more a sense of fondness for them and love at their memory, but not profound sadness. It is the way of the world.

From experance I know that I can scare people, especially women. So I guess I will just have to scare them sometimes. What happened a few times already on this site. I mean online I am not that bad since there is not bodylanguage and non verbal communication in foruming.

Also the reason why I have started the ENFP/ENFJ thread is because this two are the most likely types to help me balacing out some things.
    Which is because I am attracted to them and their so called "soft core" while they are skillful with people and personal stuff. So actually what I was trying to get in that thread are some of their thought about thick skin.
    Can you elaborate on how you are scaring women-I recall you saying you can seem very intense at times. Yeah-perhaps what you are seeking isnt a tough skin in a partner-but instead complete acceptance of who you are-including your rough Te side and your social "flaws" as part of the package that you are. That is kinda ENFP land honestly. Cant speak for the ENFJs. But yeah, for me, if I care for you, I accept you for everything that you are and love you for all of those things. Your beauty lies in the reality of what you are, not what society expects. That would include all of the things society might consider flaws and problems-if they are true and authentic to YOU, then they are part of you and I would love them. Not to say i wont push you to become something more, but typically it will be what YOU want to be-not something I choose you to become.