User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well finally a replay I was looking for .

People usually think/feel like this about me in real life when I show who I am beneath the skin. I mean I am sorry but this is who I am and I can't be much more different than I am. Of course I have a little bit warmer side but most of the time this is how I operated.

Just tell me one thing, could ever imagine me as good person if you know all of this about me ?

I wouldn't judge you as either good or bad, I don't think somebody is good just because they have loads of Fe that makes everyone else feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside and that someone is bad just because they are very rational. Your thinking actually reminds me of my brother (an INTP), he can sometimes be so rational/cold in his judgements that I need a break from him because his views seem too hopeless to me. But I think that your point of view is also valid since to go back to my metaphor of the house we need someone who is though-minded enough to build the foundations of the house. Without them all the decorations would be pointless.

I guess as long as you are humble enough to realize that you don't see the whole truth and don't despise us "fuzzy-minded" people but realise that our point of view is also vital to keep the world running I wouldn't have a problem with you. I might be careful about starting a relationship with someone who is extremely logical but that's just personal preference, because I am touchy-feely and need a lot of emotional input.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Or to use a metaphor: Let's imagine we are building a house. Your analysis is like the naked structure of the house, the concrete, the bricks, the empty walls. It's necessary that someone builds these foundations, someone who has a very rational approach. But no one wants to live in such an empty, unwelcoming building, they want to make it beautiful and decorate it, paint the walls in lovely colours, hang art in the living room, put pictures of their loved ones above the fireplace.
    Likewise though, no one wants to live in a pretty house with no structural integrity. (I missed your second post at first, where you basically said this )

I think that is one of the gifts of Fe+Ni, it gives the ability to birth hope and inspire in the middle of nothingness and coldness. (That whole explanation reminds me of Obama, I guess he is a major Fe user and he gave people hope again by using it, so now we have to see how his plans translate into reality but he worked as the fuel that got the engine running again by blowing away cynicism.)
    I think you touch on something important here. The "Muse" or inspiration is indeed important, but it's counterpart is the executor, which is equally important in making said hope a reality.

People usually think/feel like this about me in real life when I show who I am beneath the skin. I mean I am sorry but this is who I am and I can't be much more different than I am. Of course I have a little bit warmer side but most of the time this is how I operated.
    And you shouldn't, your mindset is a needed one. There are far too few analytically minded people in this world.

Just tell me one thing, could ever imagine me as good person if you know all of this about me ?
    I could. Good/evil is less about how you think, and more of what becomes of it, to my notion at least.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post

I think you touch on something important here. The "Muse" or inspiration is indeed important, but it's counterpart is the executor, which is equally important in making said hope a reality.

And you shouldn't, your mindset is a needed one. There are far too few analytically minded people in this world.
    I could. Good/evil is less about how you think, and more of what becomes of it, to my notion at least.

Well but where you draw the line ?

What I did I Tiger Woods thread to Giggly is typical dinamic I have with SFs.
    (and yes I did that just to prove my point)
    With STs it is similar in is just that in this it is not about relationships. Instead it is usually about sports.

In my entire life I never got drunk or hight bacause that does not make any sense. I have stoped watching movies since most of them don't make any sense. (I even opened a thread about this)
    When people say that they are of some nationality I attack them that the entire concept is nonsense since our origin is animalistic and this are just remains of territorial and tribal way of thinking. But as a concept nationality has no foundation in reality.
    When in comes to religion I have butchered it into pieces and concluded that the worst thing that can happen to a person is to live forever. (if we overlook the fact that there is no real empirical evidance to support religion)

When my old neighbour that took care of me when I was little ended in hospital my only reaction was
    "What did you expect ? She is over 80."
    I dont believe in market since there are good arguments the entire thing is not sustainable from chemical perspective. (what is a argument)

I have doubts about how much ethics is actually valid.
    I don't dance at all since I don't feel the vibe at all.
    I am 25 and I never had a close friendship with another person. What is simply because I was uninterested in emotional exchanges. In almost all case I think things through before I open my mouth.

I have plans for my life that go decades into future and evan my own mother knows nothing about them. (just for the record it is nothing illegal)
    In my entire life I have never voted for anyone since any political option never made sense to me. (what I can explain if needed. I mean it is a huge argument) I never had pet since I never understood the point of having one.

I could go on since I have more of this, But I think that this is enough to persent my case/point. So maybe Lightyear is correct, maybe I am missing the point ?

Sexual pertners during life -time between 3 and 6
    Is this a 'real' statistic? I assume it is correct . . . just checking

I basicly kill them when I show them some barrier in their life that is like 10 years ahead. (especially NFPs) Since I place their entire exploring thing in the context of space and time and show them how much time they have left. (or something)
    But then do they not have time to prepare for the barrier? Or do you show them an impossible barrier . . .

I never had a close friendship with another person. What is simply because I was uninterested in emotional exchanges.
    something feels off about your reasoning here. I guess my first thought is that (close) friendships dont have to be emotional

As a person I place almost no value on "the" journey. The only thing that matters to me in is the final outcome and everything else is technically irrelevant.
    Not sure if this is relevant but I am more focused on doing something well than on winning/goals/outcomes.

Over time the approaches (focus on technique vs focus on goal) generate similar outcomes but I do see them as different.

In my entire life I never got drunk or hight bacause that does not make any sense.
    Does sobriety make any sense?

Do you guys think there can be something that can be called "repressed thinking" ?
    (something like repressed feeling)

MBTI
    xxxx

While I do realize that my life in finite and that, chances are, I'm likely going to be well within the range of "average," I don't accept the notion that only the final product is what matters. If the outcome is almost certainly death, why don't I just off myself now? The period where I'm not going to be around to be capable of caring is inevitable, no? What would be the point of advancing this arbitrary existence if it's all going to end?

The end point in a given timeframe is merely the end point. It's the one I can't control. It's so much more fun to mess with things now rather than sacrifice a near meaningless existence for a near meaningless end. As far as I know, I can't go back in time. I accept that the end will come, but until then I'm going to enjoy myself, die, and probably be almost completely forgotten in less than 100 years, my name never to be uttered again outside of some genealogy research.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Do you guys think there can be something that can be called "repressed thinking" ?
    (something like repressed feeling)

Anyone ?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Anyone ?
    Hmmm...I suppose if you make a passionate decision with your heart when you secretly have doubts to how logical or practical it might be in the long run, that might be repressed thinking. I guess.

Some people might actually benefit from repressed thinking, on rare occasions where emotions should take just a little more priority.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Replying to the OP... So? That's not a reaction, or a approach, that's a recitation. What are you going to *do* about it?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

...I could go on since I have more of this, But I think that this is enough to persent my case/point. So maybe Lightyear is correct, maybe I am missing the point ?
    Yeah, I'm gonna be blunt here, since I think you can take it in stride too:

1. Nothing wrong with the OP, if that's what you do naturally, then that is what you do. I am all for people not being apologetic for being who they are.

but...

2. Ho hum, BORING. Maybe you can find some people who can lock into that level of communication, but if I want a computer printout, I will go read one. I don't feel any sort of presence behind the post, it's just a datagrid... hence sort of uninteresting and not much for me to explore or connect with. You feel one-dimensional to me in your approach to others.

I mean, there a lot of OTHER elements to the birth of a child to connect with beside this one, so if this is ALL you do...? Meh. And I'm pretty thoughtful and can appreciate hardcore thinking and your sort of perspective (as one of many), so I can't even imagine how the SF's read you or how they might take the detached thing personally.

To connect with most people, you'd have to add a little bit of humanity in there... subjective personal relevance and interest. To them, she's not a statistic, she's their BABY... the embodiment of hopes and dreams... focus of all they are as people... etc.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft