• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Ask an INTP thread!?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Do you think "athlete" comes from "Athens" in like an Olympic games type way?

No. I'm an athlete, not an Athenlete.

Also, why is Naval (to describe stuff relating to the Navy) the same as naval (our belly-buttons)?

Being a Navy vet, I hereby submit that our Naval pioneers realized very early on that some of the stuff that goes on in the Navy and that is produced in the Navy is comparable to those things which accumulate from time to time in a man's navel. There are a lot of parallels between the things being produced in either location: dirty, smelly, fuzzy, confusing, not very useful in every day life, and sometimes jaw dropping, downright baffling, and capable of taking a man's life. It can also be said that there's a lot of crap in both locations.

Yes, I'm a Navy vet. Proud, but cynical. I'm also the proud owner of a crap-producing navel.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

D-day for lol cats. Enjoy them while you still can.

url

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
New question: How long until lol cats go out of fashion? Will they ever?!
In 100-200 years, assuming the world doesn't end, these will be the new pets. They are loyal, don't pee, don't poo and don't need food.
rltp07-3861_pho01.jpg

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Do intps suffer from intense headaches when much is going on around them as well ?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INTP females: what is the best way to get in bed with you? Or the next best thing: what is the best way to get coffee with you?

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
INTP females: what is the best way to get in bed with you? Or the next best thing: what is the best way to get coffee with you?

I would also like to know this.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I would also like to know this.

You don't have to do much. If we like you, you get to screw, if we don't, you are screwed.

If you have a serious interest, there is little alternative to being yourself and hoping for the best - after all, you wouldn't want to be liked for who you are not, right?
If you are simply after a bit of fun and the physical attraction is mutual, just be open about it.

How to get us to like you? Physical attraction is a matter of personal taste (and a few common sense ground rules that apply to anyone). Otherwise it is probably all about offering a stimulating conversation. If we can learn something interesting from you and you show an interest in our (probably very diverse) fields of interest and you can keep the exchange of ideas flowing without sounding like a self-congratulatory pretentious and pompous ass, you are golden.

Bonus tip: If you've got some Ne, use it. That's often our main tool for bonding. Ni on the other hand can be very sexy if used correctly. But you'd have to ask another Ni dom or aux about how to use it strategically to impress da ladiez.

Xyk, as for INTP on INTP, I believe this is a special situation. You are likely to have a lot to talk about and connect on several levels, but with two introverts, neither of them a feeler, there might be a few issues about who takes the initiative and - later in a possible relationship - about airing emotions neither of you likes to discuss.

I have been in a long term relationship with an INTP and shortly dated another one and have found that while there is often something like an immediate connection, this also means a serious risk of turning into a brother-and-sister thing. Other female INTPs have confirmed this in previous threads. This isn't an unavoidable fate, just something to keep an eye on.

N

NPcomplete

You don't have to do much. If we like you, you get to screw, if we don't, you are screwed.

If you have a serious interest, there is little alternative to being yourself and hoping for the best - after all, you wouldn't want to be liked for who you are not, right?
If you are simply after a bit of fun and the physical attraction is mutual, just be open about it.

How to get us to like you? Physical attraction is a matter of personal taste (and a few common sense ground rules that apply to anyone). Otherwise it is probably all about offering a stimulating conversation. If we can learn something interesting from you and you show an interest in our (probably very diverse) fields of interest and you can keep the exchange of ideas flowing without sounding like a self-congratulatory pretentious and pompous ass, you are golden.

Bonus tip: If you've got some Ne, use it. That's often our main tool for bonding. Ni on the other hand can be very sexy if used correctly. But you'd have to ask another Ni dom or aux about how to use it strategically to impress da ladiez.

Pretty much everything here. :)

Xyk, as for INTP on INTP, I believe this is a special situation. You are likely to have a lot to talk about and connect on several levels, but with two introverts, neither of them a feeler, there might be a few issues about who takes the initiative and - later in a possible relationship - about airing emotions neither of you likes to discuss.

I have been in a long term relationship with an INTP and shortly dated another one and have found that while there is often something like an immediate connection, this also means a serious risk of turning into a brother-and-sister thing. Other female INTPs have confirmed this in previous threads. This isn't an unavoidable fate, just something to keep an eye on.

With other INTPs, I usually let more emotions out because I often feel that they understand where I'm coming from. So far, we've always been able to understand each other and have also easily matched wavelengths.

But most of the time, we couldn't go further than that. The initial crush usually dies out (or maybe it's because no one acted on it) and the relationship slowly morphs into a brother-sister or sensei-padawan relationship. I have no idea how it happens but that has been the case with most NTP crushes (as opposed to the NTJs who always keep that sort of distance that prevents the morph from taking place).

I hope this makes sense.

G

Glycerine

Just for kicks, what would you do if you found out one of your close friends was a drug dealer? Lol

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just for kicks, what would you do if you found out one of your close friends was a drug dealer? Lol
I'd start ignoring him. Not because i think profiting on people's weakness is morally wrong. Alcohol and cigar companies already do that, the difference is drug dealers can't do it legally. I just don't wanna get in any kind of trouble for knowing him. They may attract trouble from providers, from police, from rivals, etc, and there is no good reason for me to risk getting involved into this.
Are you in this kind of situation?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

:yes:

Yes, yes, yes! Just be yourself...do. If you pretend, it will all come out eventually.

This, too. No need for dishonesty here. If that's what you're after and I am too, why not just say so?

You are platinum if you can do this!

Very good bonus tip here.

Xyk, as for INTP on INTP, I believe this is a special situation.

I cannot comment on this because I have never dated another INTP. I know enough to realize that there are some traits that I have that I'm not sure I'd want to deal with in someone else. Or would prevent a relationship from having much emotional depth.

I had an off and on relationship with an INTJ, though. Beyond the sex, it was awkward...we had a tendency to get into arguments about some really stupid stuff because neither one of us were great in the feeling department.

G

Glycerine

I'd start ignoring him. Not because i think profiting on people's weakness is morally wrong. Alcohol and cigar companies already do that, the difference is drug dealers can't do it legally. I just don't wanna get in any kind of trouble for knowing him. They may attract trouble from providers, from police, from rivals, etc, and there is no good reason for me to risk getting involved into this.
Are you in this kind of situation?

In a sense, yes. I have already made up my decision but was just curious how a Ti dom would react. Lol. I mostly thought about the legality and practicality standpoints also. The people aren't necessarily "bad" but the consequences usually lead down iffy paths.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Ask for a discount? Depending on the drug of course. If it were something dangerous like heroin or cocaine, we'd have to have a serious talk.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Has anyone noticed the veritable smorgasbord of INTPs that are on this site?

Let's all just bask in it a bit. Ohhhh yeah. That feels good.