• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Ask an INTP thread!?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Question #28: What kind of planet would you like to live on?

I likes to live on Saturn. Anchored to the iron core and to other rocky planets. All the while conducting srs bizns throughout the galaxy.

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Question #29: What is one of the nicest things someone could say to you to brighten your day?

Probably something about my personality. If someone tells me I'm hot I will feel flattered but if someone tells me I'm an incredible person it makes me smile. Unless they don't mean it, in which case I side-eye them.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I'll wave to you from Neptune. (Remember Neptune?) I have a sneaky ninja base there where I plan to foil certain efforts to "move" the planets.

Question #29: What is one of the nicest things someone could say to you to brighten your day?

(Genuinely) Complimenting on something I have control over, or something I'm immensely proud of. Example: an old english teacher of mine once told my mother in a parent-teacher meeting that she really enjoyed my essays and always looked forward to reading them (recommended steering me toward a creative writing course of some description as she thought I had the potential to be a published author). She also said to me directly that she envied my writing ability and wished she'd had similar at my age. That was a big :D moment for me.

Example on how not to do it: complimenting me on my appearance. Feels forced, and annoying, and makes me want to stab poo-stained forks in my benefactor's eyes. It's guaranteed to piss me off, every single time. It's so fake. Even when it's genuine it's fake.

G

Glycerine

How do INTPs deal with Fe doms? I know that if I hang out with other Fe doms for too long, I feel like shooting myself (value clash... they usually are bound to correct behavior at least once) lol

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How do INTPs deal with Fe doms? I know that if I hang out with other Fe doms for too long, I feel like shooting myself (value clash... they usually are bound to correct behavior at least once) lol

Most of the Fe doms I have had positive interactions with but there are a few that do what you said and its annoying.

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP

Is that what it is called? I thought it was called nagging lol.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

In regards to corrective behavior, I stand up to them and I tell them that they may get away with it with other people, but that their methods won't work with me. I'd like a friend, not a mom or a big sister. This has been the only effective way to get the point across to them, in my own personal experience. I actually like ENFJ Fe, so long as its sweet, nice, and easy going, rather than directive and "let me tell you what you should do". No, let me tell you what YOU should do. You should stop telling ME what to do. So, yeah, I've struggled a bit in the past with ENFJ's. Good people, just frustrating interactions. :shrug: INFJ's - much smoother for the INTP in my limited experience because Fe is not as strong - not as "pushy".

G

Glycerine

I typically try not to be like that but I end up being like that when stressed and/or anxious. But overall, i believe people should be allowed to do whatever they want to do with a basic level of civility and within reason. Imposing small arbitrary social rules on others is not my place. That is my "value clash" with some other Fe doms.

rav3n

Is this how INTPs eat their muffins? :devil:

INTP picks up muffin and analyses the exterior shape, texture and colour, licking it for a flavour check, allowing them to create a muffin framework. Then they take it apart, analysing every piece from every perspective until the muffin's in granular pieces, scattered across their desk. Then they start reading books about muffins, the history, how to make a muffin, what makes for a good muffin.(1)

Then they run out and buy all the ingredients to make perfect muffins. Get home put the groceries down onto the desk and start reading about the history of baking and cooking. This leads to the wondering about healthy lifestyles so wonder if they should join a gym and get into shape.

(1) Note the original muffin is still in pieces with books, articles and recipes scattered across the desk?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ehm, I don't play much with my food. I usually end a muffins life in a short time span with as little bites as possible and I definately won't bother trying to make my own. Let alone take it apart. If it tastes good I'll definately buy more though.

I also don't have to watch my weight, I eat anything and everything I want to and don't gain a bit. I am a 198Lbs and 6'3" pure food devouring system.

As far as cooking/baking goes? I can operate the microwave.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Haha, as funny and ridiculous as that is, I do relate to it on some level. Every day is full of learning new things like this. New ideas taking me down new trails, explorations of the unknown, etc. I can end up learning 47 things all sparked from the original "muffin". Great fun!

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Hmmm, I do smell it, then take it out of the paper, then break it apart and look at the inside, it's texture, to see if it might have a filling or chocolate chips, etc. Then I eat it (or half of it, then get distracted only to later find the remains of what was once a proud muffin).

If I want to bake muffins, I read up on dozents of recipes, maybe recall something tasty I saw somewhere and compare the possible ingredients with what I have at home. Then I go through the different possible ways of assembling the ingredients I have and what other ingredients I could get that would allow for a lot of different possible combinations.
If I actually get around to buying those new ingredients, my mind will be oversaturated with all things muffin-y-ish. So I get bored or distracted and forget I wanted to bake some muffins...

... until days or weeks later my body suddenly reminds me that it needs to be fed. Hypoglycaemia alert. No chocolate in the house. But hey, I could make muffins! :biggrin:

canstock5623588.jpg

Disclaimer: Details of proces may vary from INTP to INTP

rav3n

Make some for INTP awareness campaign. :devil:
:laugh:

Haha, as funny and ridiculous as that is, I do relate to it on some level. Every day is full of learning new things like this. New ideas taking me down new trails, explorations of the unknown, etc. I can end up learning 47 things all sparked from the original "muffin". Great fun!

Hmmm, I do smell it, then take it out of the paper, then break it apart and look at the inside, it's texture, to see if it might have a filling or chocolate chips, etc. Then I eat it (or half of it, then get distracted only to later find the remains of what was once a proud muffin).

If I want to bake muffins, I read up on dozents of recipes, maybe recall something tasty I saw somewhere and compare the possible ingredients with what I have at home. Then I go through the different possible ways of assembling the ingredients I have and what other ingredients I could get that would allow for a lot of different possible combinations.
If I actually get around to buying those new ingredients, my mind will be oversaturated with all things muffin-y-ish. So I get bored or distracted and forget I wanted to bake some muffins...

... until days or weeks later my body suddenly reminds me that it needs to be fed. Hypoglycaemia alert. No chocolate in the house. But hey, I could make muffins! :biggrin:

canstock5623588.jpg

Disclaimer: Details of proces may vary from INTP to INTP
Cool! There tends to be an ounce of truth to each stereotype which can be fun to play with. Now you two have encouraged me to do an ENTJ muffin drive-by, on another day. :devil:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Something like that lol
Some time ago i decided I was gonna start on weight lifting so I bought about 3 different weight lifting books, along with 3 diet books.
I think I would be in an awesome shape if the time spent reading those was spent on the gym doing whatever i felt like doing :holy:

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Something like that lol
Some time ago i decided I was gonna start on weight lifting so I bought about 3 different weight lifting books, along with 3 diet books.
I think I would be in an awesome shape if the time spent reading those was spent on the gym doing whatever i felt like doing :holy:

You could have started by lifting all those books!
After some time, you continue with fatter dictionaries and slowly work your way up to the Encyclopedia Britannica.:biggrin:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Something like that lol

The guy on the left reads a lot of books. The guy on the right does not. :D

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You could have started by lifting all those books!
After some time, you continue with fatter dictionaries and slowly work your way up to the Encyclopedia Britannica.:biggrin:
Providing the pile of books don't collapse that's an great idea! ;)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The guy on the left reads a lot of books. The guy on the right does not. :D

Nice pic, I laughed my ass off lol
Well, at least i get to keep my neck :shock: