• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Ask an INTP thread!?

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
This still relates right? Right?

SDC11007.jpg

My favorite view:

SDC10985.jpg

Sosekopp

MBTI Type
INxP
Question #24: do INTPs like ponies?
To look at: Then they have to be cute. Very cute.
To eat: I sometimes eat salted horse meat sausages. They taste good, but I don't think they use ponies for that, so I don't know.

A

Anew Leaf

Ah :heart: to ze INTPs who responded positively to ze pony quesshun. Disapproving bunnah glares to ze ones who did not. (you know who you are.)

Question #25: do INTPs like giving ultimatums? Conversely, do they put up with them from other people?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ah :heart: to ze INTPs who responded positively to ze pony quesshun. Disapproving bunnah glares to ze ones who did not. (you know who you are.)

Bunnahs don't scare anyone.

Question #25: do INTPs like giving ultimatums?

Not particularly, but if ponies get in the way of our personal lives, we will kicks dem in da teef. :hifive:

Conversely, do they put up with them from other people?

Fifth amendment.

A

Anew Leaf

Bunnahs don't scare anyone.

Not particularly, but if ponies get in the way of our personal lives, we will kicks dem in da teef. :hifive:

Fifth amendment.

Oh?!!?

IMG_0244.jpg

Disapproving Bunny rejects your non-fear.

Question #26: What if the pony you is (to use your vulgar vernacular) "kicking in da teef" is in fact YOUR OWN PONY? (*the crowd goes silent with horror*)

which leads me to:

Question #27: Are INTPs as heartless as they seem?

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Question #26: What if the pony you is (to use your vulgar vernacular) "kicking in da teef" is in fact YOUR OWN PONY? (*the crowd goes silent with horror*)

which leads me to:

26: You can't own a pony, man, ponies gotta be free.

27: No. Inferior Fe means INTPs tend to feel in all-or-nothing sorts of ways. On many issues, we can care exactly zero units of care, but in others we are quite passionate. In relationships, we are often puppy-like in our affection.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Disapproving Bunny rejects your non-fear.

Scawy.

Question #26: What if the pony you is (to use your vulgar vernacular) "kicking in da teef" is in fact YOUR OWN PONY? [/B](*the crowd goes silent with horror*)

By "kicking in da teef", I meant "driving him to the nearest farm and dropping him off (forever) with his new friends". :D

Depends on whether Ti is still sitting out on the porch in the cold or if he has been allowed back in the house and been roused like a sleeping giant. Why would anyone invite Ti back in? Everything was fine until..............................................................................Ti................................got roused.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Question #25: do INTPs like giving ultimatums? Conversely, do they put up with them from other people?

I only give ultimatums as a last resort if other methods fail. I avoid it if possible.
I do not put up with ultimatums well. They sound threatening.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

A clear Hell, no to both questions. At least not as long as there are alternatives. Being on the active side of an ultimatum means having to be rigid and consequential (yuk!), being on the passive side of it ugly pressure and blackmail (double yuk!)

Inferior Fe means INTPs tend to feel in all-or-nothing sorts of ways. On many issues, we can care exactly zero units of care, but in others we are quite passionate. In relationships, we are often puppy-like in our affection.

+100

You don't really expect us to give away trade secrets, do you?
*tries to look menacing while unobtrusively hiding away her user title*

N

NPcomplete

Hahah I laugh. Of course I have a heart. It's all marshmallowey (laced with cyanide).

Question:

Do people sometimes mistake your witty banter for flirting? Only other Ne-people know that it's my main mode of communication most of the time (at least I hope they know).

A

Anew Leaf

Hahah I laugh. Of course I have a heart. It's all marshmallowey (laced with cyanide).

Question:

Do people sometimes mistake your witty banter for flirting? Only other Ne-people know that it's my main mode of communication most of the time (at least I hope they know).

You is lak another cuddly INTP! (Would be nice if MORE INTPs were cuddly, but I guess that's what ENTPs are for.)

Question #28: What kind of planet would you like to live on?

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

Well, you know well enough that I'm not heartless, haha. :blush: I will say I'm emotionally stunted and unable to cope with them when I feel strong emotions, but otherwise I'm not heartless.

A

Anew Leaf

Well, you know well enough that I'm not heartless, haha. :blush: I will say I'm emotionally stunted and unable to cope with them when I feel strong emotions, but otherwise I'm not heartless.

I does know this. :) :hug: (<---You is lak green face and ah is lak pink face!)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Question:

Yes, it happens. I tend to keep some distance from girls I'm not romantically interested so that is minimized. About 4 months ago I had an ESFP subordinate that the more I talked the more she thought i was into her. :BangHead:
I'm bad at informing I'm not interested. I usually take a route that is way too indirect. Once we were talking something related and she mentioned she wanted to have at least 2 kids. I replied that I'm not going to have any and therefore we were incompatible. Needless to say, didn't work. :angry:

A planet without automobiles would be interesting. Just subways and airplanes for longer distances.
That would mean less noise & air pollution and, since a lot of people would need bikes, much less sedentarism and therefore less obesity.
Everybody would be fit and live a happier life. How great is that?
On a sidenote, when i talked about this dream world on the intp forum, someone commented ''INFPs and their great ideas'' LOL

N

NPcomplete

You is lak another cuddly INTP! (Would be nice if MORE INTPs were cuddly, but I guess that's what ENTPs are for.)

I am not cuddly, you hear? *tries to appear menacing*

Alright fine, I'm actually cuddlier than my INFP friend. She cringes when she hears the word "hug" whereas I would hug if I'm close to the person and I like/respect/trust/etc them... (I'm not a promiscuous hugger.. :p) Come to think of it, my other INTP friend is an excellent hugger too.

As to the planet, I have no idea. I want to describe my version of Utopia but it will tear my heart apart when I look outside (ok not really but it makes me sad. sometimes).

Yes, it happens. I tend to keep some distance from girls I'm not romantically interested so that is minimized. About 4 months ago I had an ESFP subordinate that the more I talked the more she thought i was into her. :BangHead:
I'm bad at informing I'm not interested. I usually take a route that is way too indirect. Once we were talking something related and she mentioned she wanted to have at least 2 kids. I replied that I'm not going to have any and therefore we were incompatible. Needless to say, didn't work. :angry:

I know! I have to refrain from talking sometimes because it's so natural to tease and prod them. Hopefully since they've known me for a while now, they would know that it's just my way of communicating. Sometimes, the things I have to blurt out feel like such wastes when they are not said out loud.

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram

A planet with a single deserted continent where remains of an ancient cilization could be studied by archeologist while most people would live unwater in independent cities protected by a magnetic bubble. Of course, we'd use teleportation and have platforms almost everywhere. Walking would be the main transport and pollution would have been cleaned thank to new technologies.
I haven't thought about politics yet, I guess each city would have their own system. Education would be important.

And if there could be a war against another civilization in space that would be great (You need a bit of "evil" to make something perfect, "good" cannot exist without it when you think about it, it would anihilate the concept).

That's the idealist in me talking. It was one of my dream as a child. Anarchist-ecologist child. And sci-fi lover.

Oh, and there's writings on the ruins but no pictures because the people have never invented pictures. The ancient world is fascinating for the modern archeologist because it's the key which explains why they are hidden underwater (paranoid ancestors ?) and what happened, was there a war ? Or did they flee because they were insane ? How did they developped such a new technology ? Why independent cities which can't communicate directly ?

Perhaps they went underwater in fear of an attack which ironically happened when they were well hidden. How were they discovered ? I think the other planet has an amazing technology and great spaceships with radars and life detectors. Perhaps hybrid technology, they could fly AND swim with it.

Oops... wait... I'm starting to destroy my own world.

A

Anew Leaf

A planet with a single deserted continent where remains of an ancient cilization could be studied by archeologist while most people would live unwater in independent cities protected by a magnetic bubble. Of course, we'd use teleportation and have platforms almost everywhere. Walking would be the main transport and pollution would have been cleaned thank to new technologies.
I haven't thought about politics yet, I guess each city would have their own system. Education would be important.

And if there could be a war against another civilization in space that would be great (You need a bit of "evil" to make something perfect, "good" cannot exist without it when you think about it, it would anihilate the concept).

That's the idealist in me talking. It was one of my dream as a child. Anarchist-ecologist child. And sci-fi lover.

Oh, and there's writings on the ruins but no pictures because the people have never invented pictures. The ancient world is fascinating for the modern archeologist because it's the key which explains why they are hidden underwater (paranoid ancestors ?) and what happened, was there a war ? Or did they flee because they were insane ? How did they developped such a new technology ? Why independent cities which can't communicate directly ?

Perhaps they went underwater in fear of an attack which ironically happened when they were well hidden. How were they discovered ? I think the other planet has an amazing technology and great spaceships with radars and life detectors. Perhaps hybrid technology, they could fly AND swim with it.

Oops... wait... I'm starting to destroy my own world.

Very interesting!! I laughed at the bold part :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The kind where life-shaping is done. We alter our bodies to fit in with the planet's environment. You know...like in Joan Slonczewski's A Door Into Ocean.

Like that.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would like to live on a planet with very few people, with few safe havens many miles apart. Small groups of humans living mostly in solitary towns. And nature filled with lots of animals that operate solely on their instincts, herdes of deer, packs of wolves, and flocks of birds everywhere the eye looks. The world would be filled with lots of endless forests and beautiful lakes, no oceans, I don't like salt water much. There would be no race distinction or discrimination of any kind. And mankind would live in a new age tribal fashion. Technology would not be advanced, or regarded as important. Lives would be simple yet fulfilling.

I would be a traveler, moving from haven to haven, with nothing more than some mules, the wolfskin on my back and and supplies of exotic trade that would get me by in times of need. A solitary man in a solitary world.