User Tag List

First 78910111959 Last

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    What is the most boring sort of job you can imagine?
    being a bookkeeper

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviousExistence View Post
    being a bookkeeper
    But... but... that's the only(?) English word with 3 straight double letters....
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Why does your thread title imply an expression of outrage instead of a sense of jubilation in this very useful thread?
    The thread title was not meant to imply outrage at all. I wasn't sure if the forum had ever been blessed by the presence of such a wonderful thread before, so I included the "!?" as a sort of "I don't know if this will go anywhere, but let's give it a shot".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    Do you ever feel like an ISFP?
    No. Dated one and I had a very hard time relating to a lot of ISFP "things". We were very far apart in a lot of ways.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

A question to the INTPs:
    What do you think of ENTJs, ENTPs and INTJs?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    What is the most boring sort of job you can imagine?
    For me, the common theme has to do with "getting away from constant dialogue with people" and "being able to be creative/think outside the box/be original".

As a teen, I bagged groceries at a grocery store. I had to talk to customers and put on the friendly face and answers questions about how I've been doing from the frequent customers, but I was always asking my bosses for opportunities to go in the back and help stock the milk/yogurt section or "does the freezer section need to be restocked?" It didn't matter how cold the job was or how much most people wouldn't want to do the job, but I really looked forward to "getting away" - getting off by myself for a while so I could kind of regroup and do some independent thinking. If the task allowed me to let my mind wander and ponder (relatively brainless work), then that was good. I think about Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting - mopping the floors at midnight. It was a crap job, but it gave him "space". There's freedom in that.

I also worked in accounting for some time, but it wasn't "outside the box" enough for me. Same thing every day. My "xNxP" wants to just break free and live outside the box. After about 6 months of people calling and asking "what do my numbers look like?", I start to feel like, "I really don't care what your numbers look like. They look great. They look tremendous. But who really cares?"

Therefore, jobs I'd hate (constant interaction, and no opportunity to get outside the so-called box): customer service, cop, military, anything where I'm constantly being monitored.

Jobs that I see as INTP-friendly (minimal interaction, allows for creativity and breaking some rules): freelance writer (keyword being freelance. And writer. ), entrepreneur (this can actually be done while keeping your required extroverted time in-check - there are MANY successful entrepreneurs that are introverted), college professor (high-school isn't nearly as attractive because there would be way too much goofing around and chatter and a general lack of focus).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    A question to the INTPs:
    What do you think of ENTJs, ENTPs and INTJs?
    ENTJ's: I respect them very much. I see them as like my wise, productive uncles. I observe their methods and I listen to what they have to say because they get stuff done - no questions asked. Have to respect that. I do seem to have a hard time connecting with them. It's like I can't really get a feel for what they think about me. I don't know if they're "tolerating me" or if they really do like me. They seem to talk to me a fair amount, but for all I know they see me like they see everyone else - below them. I also like their ability to be tough in business-type situations, but they can sometimes get carried away with just "winning the fight" - I don't like to see them lose their heads just to defeat someone.

INTJ's: Super cool. So many things I love about them. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but they're kind of like ENTJ Juniors. So, if ENTJ's are my uncles, then INTJ's are like my cousins that I can run around and play with a little bit more. We have the INxx in common, so I can totally relate to them on that level (I relate very well to all INxx's). What I find difficult is that, although we have some good laughs and interesting conversation, they don't seem to care about being friends. I think it would be awesome to have more INTJ friends, but being introverted, they just don't care to have many friends. They just seem uninterested in hanging out.

ENTP's: My big brothers. Someone on the forums said that they are like a "more evolved" INTP. That made me laugh. That's kind of how I see them. All types have their limitations I suppose, but from my vantage point, ENTP's have just about everything I have, except they don't mind hanging out with people. In fact, they're really fun to hang out with. People WANT to hang out with them. Very few S's want to hang out with me. I do have a few S friends, but usually I only connect with N's. But, it seems that S's love ENTP's. They are very capable people. Their laziness and procrastination drives me insane though (even though I do it myself, it annoys me in them).

All in all, I love the NT family. I still don't understand why we don't "remain friends" more often though. I'd love to have some ENTJ/INTJ friends.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    Do you ever feel like an ISFP?
    Actually, sometimes I feel like an ISTP.
    Maybe an ISFP after spending considerable amounts of time with my mother.

What the bloody fuck, I never meant to submit this.
    Will come back and expand upon this later.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram

Ive got a question

What does an intp find funny?
    Kindblue,from globalchatter...
    And still wonders were it has gone...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudblue View Post
    Ive got a question

What does an intp find funny?
    I'm not sure if this applies to all INTPs but I have a weird humorous fetish for double entendre esq humor. Although I am not a huge Monty Python fan often some of that quirky/twisty play on words style of humor. Maybe thats one of the reason why the other types think we are geeks. That and the fact most of us act pretty geeky .

I like clips like this one below because they often illustrates a lot of the illogical fallacies we keenly see in day to day life and so many others see so blind to in a in a succinct or pithy manner.

YouTube - Monty Python - Argument Clinic
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"