User Tag List

First 9495758596061 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Hi other INTPs,

What are your thoughts on lingerie? Do you think it is important? Does it indeed add more to the experience if the woman is wearing nice lingerie?
    I 50 N 100 T 62 P 39

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Hi other INTPs,

What are your thoughts on lingerie? Do you think it is important? Does it indeed add more to the experience if the woman is wearing nice lingerie?
    I love lingerie, stocking, jarretels and such. They absolutely serve no practical purpose, but they look so superb! It's intruiging.

But I don't think it's important. And it's blasphemy if the lingerie stays on.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    No, I thnk INTP's are more concerned with self-image. If an INTP loses, he might be quite harsh on himself, if he wins, he'll feel good about himself, but it's unlikely he will look down on his opponent because of it. I can't remember ever looking down on someone just because I won a game. We're too selfish for that.
    Well, self-focused.

Typically I only ever remembering having that response if it was triggered -- i.e., someone had been a total braggart, finally I got sick of it and tested them, and they ended up being exactly what I had thought to be. So the response inside is me is less about whether they lost or not, and more about what a promoter of falsehood they are about themselves to themselves and others, and now what I saw to be true has been shown to be true. Confirmation of my thoughts and perceptions, or denial of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Interesting. I'd only ever heard this trait in relation to INFP's, yet is something I can largely attest to myself. Like yourself, competition, to me, has never really been about boasting/bragging or a means for which to display aptitude to others, but more of a means to test myself and my abilities based on some arbitrary standard of measure, and while besting someone in some sort of contest doesn't in turn elevate me over them in my mind, I think the effect mentioned in allegorystory's question somewhat happens inadvertently. I mean, as I said earlier, I don't care about the competition in relation to the other person, but I expect that if I have a certain level of proficiency in an area that I should be able to rise to the occasion, but in relation to the other person, if I expect to win, on a subconscious level, what does that say about how I view their aptitude in relation to my own? How can I truly say I view them as an equal if this perfectionistic mentality expects nothing less than to best them as a testament to itself?
    Yeah. For me, it is typically a self-test. I don't get a lot out of putting someone else down, it just seems so irrelevant to me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    What usually triggers bouts of depression for you? How long do they last? Does it usually dissipate on its own or do you have to be proactive about bringing it to an end?
    - Feeling stuck and not having enough of a preference to change anything, so big-picture wise it all seems hopeless.
    - Noting having all the information and not having any way to get it, in order to reach conclusions.
    - Dealing with people I don't feel like fighting with but not being able to find any other way around it.
    - Feeling trapped in something or somewhere, with no recourse.

Typically either the situation has to change or I have to change it. I've learned to be more proactive and how to make decisions when I don't have a preference and/or don't want to override other people's opinions in a situation / assert myself, but it took me a long time.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Hi other INTPs,

I liken it to wrapping on presents. And it has similar caveats. A little goes a long way, it should be tastefully done, and it shouldn't be so elaborate you have trouble getting at the gift.

Leaving the analogy behind - it has useful social applications. There was one person of my acquaintance who will wear a certain style of stockings when she wants to move my attention in a, ahem, certain direction.

All in all I'd say that lingerie is a net positive. But it’s not necessary and its highly contextual – sometimes a nice set of cutoffs is as sexy as any silk. With lingerie there is the suggestion of pre mediation (which again can be great) but there is something to say about spontaneity as well.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Do you think you would ever look down on someone who lost against you in an intellectual match of wits (provided they didn't make a complete ass of themselves)?
    No I tend to think that there's always somewhere one can improve oneself, so I look at it more from the frequency of incompetence than the given situation when figuring out whether people are just plain idiot or just ignorant in a specific instance.

But when people assume they know best, because of rethoric or by using a dismissive assertive tone, I look down on them. This does not mean I do not enjoy assertive people or dont use it myself, but using it as the primary focus in a discussing turns me the wrong way. And there will be two outcomes; walking away because its not worth my time or I become very rigid and defend the counterpoint, even if I dont agree with it. Theses, antitheses and syntheses.

We're too selfish for that.
    Interesting you said selfish. Was that mostly in jest?

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I don't disagree with any of that, I'm just saying I see the effect previously mentioned as largely inevitable in some respects being that a performance standard exists. To be disappointed with a loss implies that one initially thought they had a realistic chance of winning, and that you just failed to achieve that result. It seems as thought it could be, at the very least, indirectly perceived that it's somewhat dependent question of can you really view someone as an equal if you expect to best them in contest.
    I think this is a very good point I guess I have a hard time overlooking. Is "looking down on someone" on this instance a matter of personal perception ("oh, I don't feel like I'm looking down on them so I must not be") or a matter of it being the nature of the beast ("if, when I started, I expected criteria for winning to be meeting and exceeding a performance standard, and I've won, doesn't that essentially mean I'm better than them? We can't both be equal in this situation and if I hope to be an equal then I ought to reevaluate what winning this contest means to and about me"). I think it's a tricky situation to judge.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I love lingerie, stocking, jarretels and such. They absolutely serve no practical purpose, but they look so superb! It's intruiging.

But I don't think it's important. And it's blasphemy if the lingerie stays on.
    Oh, no. Some of the lingerie can stay on...
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Hi other INTPs,

Are handcuffs and gags lingerie?

More seriously, I think lingerie would probably indicate seriousness and dedication. It's putting effort into something that one wouldn't necessarily have to put effort into but is important to everyone involved. That's usually good, right?

Speaking as an 18 year old virgin, so take it as you may.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Hi other INTPs,

YES PLZ
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari