User Tag List

First 7475556575859 Last

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
    Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
    When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
    If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
    Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
    Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
    Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
    Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
    Do not harm little children.
    Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
    When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they don’t stop, destroy them.
    When in doubt, seek refuge in god.
    And King-of-Dispair said that no one was making witty answers. Tsk...MacGuffin sure showed him wrong.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

lol replied to wrong topic
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    And King-of-Dispair said that no one was making witty answers. Tsk...MacGuffin sure showed him wrong.
    I see you haven't read the first few pages. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

What usually triggers bouts of depression for you? How long do they last? Does it usually dissipate on its own or do you have to be proactive about bringing it to an end?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    What usually triggers bouts of depression for you? How long do they last? Does it usually dissipate on its own or do you have to be proactive about bringing it to an end?
    I wait it out but I tend to do things to distract myself from it. Nothing works, but preoccupation keeps the mind busy on other things so I can't be consumed over how I feel.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Dear INTPs,
    How "idealistic" are you? Do you have some sort of internal code of honour that you live by?
    Gracias,
    me.
    Idealism is a broad term. On the surface though, being idealistic would mean being antonymous to realistic, and I don't believe I am entirely idealistic in that sense. My code of honour was once quite strict in its fluidity, in the sense that I needed a good counter argument for my morals to even contemplate changing some of them. But some have changed. Now, I find that my code of honour is very much based on the way I see my life now, and which steps will benefit me most in life. There are some ethical ideals I have that hold true no matter what. I try, as best I can, to be good to most people are respectful to those who don't disrespect me. I try to be a "good" person in the sense that I don't normally hurt people to get what I want, I try to be as civil as possible and treat people like I would want to be treated, and repay big favours but never doing so in a way that will compromise my integrity.

But as for being idealistic, I think I'm a healthy mix between what is considered realistic and idealistic through a process of elimination (things that don't make sense to be don't fall into my code of honour or way of living, this includes most traditional ceremonies or beliefs) I've devised. As I grow older, the fluidity of my morals will not change.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I've only been "depressed" once in my life, but I didn't know it at the time. It was a several year drought for me where I was just kind of checked out mentally and in a trench. And, being young, I thought "this is just life" - I didn't realize that I was in a funk. What triggered it was two-fold: first, settling for things (a relationship I wasn't happy in, a job I didn't want, not moving to the city I wanted to move to). Second, being stagnant in life. Not only had I settled for things I didn't want, but I wasn't doing anything to improve my situation. Just accepting it and trudging along. Which leads to how I got out of it: I needed to jump-start my life. I needed to "get going" and start being proactive, put the wheels in motion towards the things I wanted in life. Break off the bad relationship, move out of the old city, take the new job, start the new business. Make life enjoyable again.

Sometimes being "comfortable" is the worst thing for an INTP. Get uncomfortable - if you're single, quit the boring job, move across the country, start the business you've always wanted to start, talk to the girl/guy you've had your eye on. Initially it is "uncomfortable", but soon after it becomes refreshing, liberating, and exciting. I don't think life was necessarily meant to be comfortable. Comfortable can indeed be a bad place sometimes.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I've only been "depressed" once in my life, but I didn't know it at the time. It was a several year drought for me where I was just kind of checked out mentally and in a trench. And, being young, I thought "this is just life" - I didn't realize that I was in a funk. What triggered it was two-fold: first, settling for things (a relationship I wasn't happy in, a job I didn't want, not moving to the city I wanted to move to). Second, being stagnant in life. Not only had I settled for things I didn't want, but I wasn't doing anything to improve my situation. Just accepting it and trudging along. Which leads to how I got out of it: I needed to jump-start my life. I needed to "get going" and start being proactive, put the wheels in motion towards the things I wanted in life. Break off the bad relationship, move out of the old city, take the new job, start the new business. Make life enjoyable again.

Sometimes being "comfortable" is the worst thing for an INTP. Get uncomfortable - if you're single, quit the boring job, move across the country, start the business you've always wanted to start, talk to the girl/guy you've had your eye on. Initially it is "uncomfortable", but soon after it becomes refreshing, liberating, and exciting. I don't think life was necessarily meant to be comfortable. Comfortable can indeed be a bad place sometimes.
    Seems more enneagram related to me, the vice of the 5 and 9 (typical INTP types) is conservation of energy and inertia respectively. 5s prefer to save their effort, 9s blow it on pointlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I see you haven't read the first few pages. :P
    no comment.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Seems more enneagram related to me, the vice of the 5 and 9 (typical INTP types) is conservation of energy and inertia respectively. 5s prefer to save their effort, 9s blow it on pointlessness.
    Yeah, being a 5 leaves me somewhat prone to conserving energy, but in long stretches it puts me into a depression or a depressed state of mind. At some point there has to be some implementation, practicality, movement, action, and proactivism. Otherwise, I'm just a bump on a log = depression.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Yeah, being a 5 leaves me somewhat prone to conserving energy, but in long stretches it puts me into a depression or a depressed state of mind. At some point there has to be some implementation, practicality, movement, action, and proactivism. Otherwise, I'm just a bump on a log = depression.
    I think maybe what causes depression is loss of hope, you could be stuck in a rut for years and never become depressed because you see it improving in the future (but not necessarily do anything about it). I'm not so sure that being too comfortable is the same as being depressed, but it does seem to go hand in hand, as you've said. Sometimes putting in effort can lead to depression, which has happened to me, I went through hell trying to get a job for months at one point, and no matter what I did, I was ignored. I made an effort to actually stand out, to be on top of everything, yet nothing changed, then the negative attitude developed, and I completely abandoned hope and broke down. Nothing will make you feel better than a bit of optimism and a smile . Doesn't matter what you're doing, if you smile, you'll feel better. Hugs don't have anything on this, they last, what? 10 seconds or so? So for those 10 seconds you feel better, but then you go back to pessimism and think "that hug was just a pity hug" lol.
    5 3 9