User Tag List

First 444525354555664 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    INTP females: what is the best way to get in bed with you? Or the next best thing: what is the best way to get coffee with you?
    I would also like to know this.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    INTP females: what is the best way to get in bed with you? Or the next best thing: what is the best way to get coffee with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I would also like to know this.
    You don't have to do much. If we like you, you get to screw, if we don't, you are screwed.

If you have a serious interest, there is little alternative to being yourself and hoping for the best - after all, you wouldn't want to be liked for who you are not, right?
    If you are simply after a bit of fun and the physical attraction is mutual, just be open about it.

How to get us to like you? Physical attraction is a matter of personal taste (and a few common sense ground rules that apply to anyone). Otherwise it is probably all about offering a stimulating conversation. If we can learn something interesting from you and you show an interest in our (probably very diverse) fields of interest and you can keep the exchange of ideas flowing without sounding like a self-congratulatory pretentious and pompous ass, you are golden.

Bonus tip: If you've got some Ne, use it. That's often our main tool for bonding. Ni on the other hand can be very sexy if used correctly. But you'd have to ask another Ni dom or aux about how to use it strategically to impress da ladiez.

Xyk, as for INTP on INTP, I believe this is a special situation. You are likely to have a lot to talk about and connect on several levels, but with two introverts, neither of them a feeler, there might be a few issues about who takes the initiative and - later in a possible relationship - about airing emotions neither of you likes to discuss.

I have been in a long term relationship with an INTP and shortly dated another one and have found that while there is often something like an immediate connection, this also means a serious risk of turning into a brother-and-sister thing. Other female INTPs have confirmed this in previous threads. This isn't an unavoidable fate, just something to keep an eye on.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    You don't have to do much. If we like you, you get to screw, if we don't, you are screwed.

If you have a serious interest, there is little alternative to being yourself and hoping for the best - after all, you wouldn't want to be liked for who you are not, right?
    If you are simply after a bit of fun and the physical attraction is mutual, just be open about it.

How to get us to like you? Physical attraction is a matter of personal taste (and a few common sense ground rules that apply to anyone). Otherwise it is probably all about offering a stimulating conversation. If we can learn something interesting from you and you show an interest in our (probably very diverse) fields of interest and you can keep the exchange of ideas flowing without sounding like a self-congratulatory pretentious and pompous ass, you are golden.

Bonus tip: If you've got some Ne, use it. That's often our main tool for bonding. Ni on the other hand can be very sexy if used correctly. But you'd have to ask another Ni dom or aux about how to use it strategically to impress da ladiez.
    Pretty much everything here.

Xyk, as for INTP on INTP, I believe this is a special situation. You are likely to have a lot to talk about and connect on several levels, but with two introverts, neither of them a feeler, there might be a few issues about who takes the initiative and - later in a possible relationship - about airing emotions neither of you likes to discuss.

I have been in a long term relationship with an INTP and shortly dated another one and have found that while there is often something like an immediate connection, this also means a serious risk of turning into a brother-and-sister thing. Other female INTPs have confirmed this in previous threads. This isn't an unavoidable fate, just something to keep an eye on.
    With other INTPs, I usually let more emotions out because I often feel that they understand where I'm coming from. So far, we've always been able to understand each other and have also easily matched wavelengths.

But most of the time, we couldn't go further than that. The initial crush usually dies out (or maybe it's because no one acted on it) and the relationship slowly morphs into a brother-sister or sensei-padawan relationship. I have no idea how it happens but that has been the case with most NTP crushes (as opposed to the NTJs who always keep that sort of distance that prevents the morph from taking place).

I hope this makes sense.

Glycerine

Just for kicks, what would you do if you found out one of your close friends was a drug dealer? Lol

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Just for kicks, what would you do if you found out one of your close friends was a drug dealer? Lol
    I'd start ignoring him. Not because i think profiting on people's weakness is morally wrong. Alcohol and cigar companies already do that, the difference is drug dealers can't do it legally. I just don't wanna get in any kind of trouble for knowing him. They may attract trouble from providers, from police, from rivals, etc, and there is no good reason for me to risk getting involved into this.
    Are you in this kind of situation?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yes, yes, yes! Just be yourself...do. If you pretend, it will all come out eventually.

This, too. No need for dishonesty here. If that's what you're after and I am too, why not just say so?
    You are platinum if you can do this!

Very good bonus tip here.

Xyk, as for INTP on INTP, I believe this is a special situation.
    I cannot comment on this because I have never dated another INTP. I know enough to realize that there are some traits that I have that I'm not sure I'd want to deal with in someone else. Or would prevent a relationship from having much emotional depth.

I had an off and on relationship with an INTJ, though. Beyond the sex, it was awkward...we had a tendency to get into arguments about some really stupid stuff because neither one of us were great in the feeling department.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I'd start ignoring him. Not because i think profiting on people's weakness is morally wrong. Alcohol and cigar companies already do that, the difference is drug dealers can't do it legally. I just don't wanna get in any kind of trouble for knowing him. They may attract trouble from providers, from police, from rivals, etc, and there is no good reason for me to risk getting involved into this.
    Are you in this kind of situation?
    In a sense, yes. I have already made up my decision but was just curious how a Ti dom would react. Lol. I mostly thought about the legality and practicality standpoints also. The people aren't necessarily "bad" but the consequences usually lead down iffy paths.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Ask for a discount? Depending on the drug of course. If it were something dangerous like heroin or cocaine, we'd have to have a serious talk.

Has anyone noticed the veritable smorgasbord of INTPs that are on this site?

Let's all just bask in it a bit. Ohhhh yeah. That feels good.

MBTI
    I?TP

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    Ask for a discount? Depending on the drug of course. If it were something dangerous like heroin or cocaine, we'd have to have a serious talk.
    Same here.