User Tag List

First 242505152535462 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I'd like to say something too to this: I figured in the relationship with my infp that the moments when she talks about her feelings, she'd hate it to be harshly interrupted, corrected or even advised something, she just wants someone to listen. I often do want to cut the conversation cause she is feeling things so intensely that it makes me sad and totally overwhelmes me. I feel totally helpless and would like to kill everyone who did a mean thing to her and make that suckers pay for a long hurtful time. But instead I sit their and dont know what to tell her cause I have zero experience with such deep morales and feelings cause I would never let them take control over me, I'd punch the person hurting me into the face so I dont get hurt.

I think its similiar with Ti. I admire Te people for the easy time they have saying things, I cant just readily turn whats in my mind into words in the real world. I have a very fragmented, tangent and jumping way of thinking, when I solve an equation I dont do it step my step, no my mind is at several points in space at once, like different smaller functions gearing together to fulfill a bigger function. When I speak my mind it needs me to invest a lot of energy. Entps are known for being frivoulus fool arounds but in the rare times in which we are serious it does make us very introvert, cause we have to invest a lot of energy to turn the inside of the mind to the outside. I think when a Ti user really is serious about something and wants you to understand, it is because this topic means a lot to him / her and he / she wants people to see it like he / she does or to understand.

I know what you mean, I often come into the situation that my gf does interrupt me in the first minutes of something I want to say. I thought of this to be very disrespectful and in the beginning it pissed me off a lot. But I learned that she just has moments when she cant take it and I try to respect that.
    This is very well said. Ti is an internal function. It operates best when it is done "inside its own mind". When you have to extrovert it, it comes out incomplete and flawed. If I could take Ti and place its thoughts on the table, everyone would go, "Oh yeah, that totally makes sense!" But, to actually verbalize it sometimes - it comes out differently. And, yes, Te users don't seem to have this problem as they think about things "as they speak it". Whereas, with Ti, we have to think it FIRST, and only then can we TRY to verbalize it. But, the advantage of Ti over Te, IMO, is that it thinks more in-depth. Ni is more in-depth than Ne, Ti more than Te, Fi more than Fe, etc. In my head, my thoughts are crystal clear. Extremely clear and well-defined. Communicating that can sometimes be problematic.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    This is very well said. Ti is an internal function. It operates best when it is done "inside its own mind". When you have to extrovert it, it comes out incomplete and flawed. If I could take Ti and place its thoughts on the table, everyone would go, "Oh yeah, that totally makes sense!" But, to actually verbalize it sometimes - it comes out differently. And, yes, Te users don't seem to have this problem as they think about things "as they speak it". Whereas, with Ti, we have to think it FIRST, and only then can we TRY to verbalize it. But, the advantage of Ti over Te, IMO, is that it thinks more in-depth. Ni is more in-depth than Ne, Ti more than Te, Fi more than Fe, etc. In my head, my thoughts are crystal clear. Extremely clear and well-defined. Communicating that can sometimes be problematic.
    yay! now you understand Fi! You haz won ze forum!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    yay! now you understand Fi! You haz won ze forum!
    Show this to all the Fe peeps in the "complimenting Fi" thread (I'm one of them). Then they can win ze forum too!

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Show this to all the Fe peeps in the "complimenting Fi" thread (I'm one of them). Then they can win ze forum too!
    I am already thinking a few steps ahead, how about we win ze world with you ? Not that I crave world domination tho, I'd be your loyal slave master but I am a good secretary, you'll see with a second man like me there's nothing that could stand in our ways !!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I am already thinking a few steps ahead, how about we win ze world with you ? Not that I crave world domination tho, I'd be your loyal slave master but I am a good secretary, you'll see with a second man like me there's nothing that could stand in our ways !!
    Entropie, you can be my wing man any day of the week! How about we go in as equal partners? Go out and have a few beers tonight...meet me in the office tomorrow morning at 7am and we'll get started. Grab some breakfast too - you'll need it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It's a deal then ! I'll be there, like they say in german 'Arriving ten minutes ahead of time is a soldiers punctuality' . Which reminds me I have to be at the office at 7 am tomorrow too. Think its time to go to bed, cu later
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Question x^3: So let's say us non-INTP types are talking to an INTP... and that's good because INTPs can be awesome. But let's say that the INTP gets "stuck" into deep Ti mode and is super serious business about whatever topic is at hand. And the non-INTP is thinking, Ok, I know this is important to talk about in a serious fashion... but at this point in the time, space, longitude, and latitude continuum... I just can't deal with it right now. How can we interrupt or steer the INTP to more playful waters without being disrespectful?
    Let the intp know you understood what was said, then make some joke, preferably related to the situation, to break the ice. I usually don't mind, but if you do it too often, you risk looking shallow. Just warning!

Question x^4: How competitive are you? Let's say you play scrabble with a friend and that friend continually kicks your ass in the game. Would you eventually give up? Or would you just enjoy playing the game with them? Or would you be striving to beat them?
    I hate not being competitive enough. OTOH, i love challenges. First I'd make more effort to beat the friend. If after some time I'm still outclassed, I will most likely lose interest in the game. Unequal matches aren't fun - same thing when I'm the one kicking ass.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yes. And one often wishes for telepathy to communicate. I often feel like I am trying to describe an extremely complex 3-D geometrical construct. Or give a person one out of 100 lines of code when there are actually over a million all together. I know what is inside my head makes sense...it's just all too common for it to come out as nonsense. So it is very flawed and incomplete. And you can really tell right away by the response you receive when you are talking to someone.

This is also where the alien-like feel of INTP probably comes from (ha...I would say the same for Ni and Fi users as well).

I hope that made sense...one too many glasses of Pinot Noir and ....

Do you think "athlete" comes from "Athens" in like an Olympic games type way?

Also, why is Naval (to describe stuff relating to the Navy) very close to navel (our belly-buttons)?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

In case you weren't joking:

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Do you think "athlete" comes from "Athens" in like an Olympic games type way?
    No, it comes from ἀθλητής, no relation.

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Also, why is Naval (to describe stuff relating to the Navy) very close to navel (our belly-buttons)?
    You mean naval and navel?

New question: How long until lol cats go out of fashion? Will they ever?!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari