User Tag List

First 41495051525361 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    This thread is getting way too colorful !!!

Edit: I'm joking ok
    *runs INFP Geiger-Müller counter* Actually this thread is no where near colorful enough!! We must release the unicorns:
    RAWR!

Question x^3: So let's say us non-INTP types are talking to an INTP... and that's good because INTPs can be awesome. But let's say that the INTP gets "stuck" into deep Ti mode and is super serious business about whatever topic is at hand. And the non-INTP is thinking, Ok, I know this is important to talk about in a serious fashion... but at this point in the time, space, longitude, and latitude continuum... I just can't deal with it right now. How can we interrupt or steer the INTP to more playful waters without being disrespectful?

Question x^4: How competitive are you? Let's say you play scrabble with a friend and that friend continually kicks your ass in the game. Would you eventually give up? Or would you just enjoy playing the game with them? Or would you be striving to beat them?

Thanks for answering!

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    You're INTP. We need your assistance in answering the incoming questions in this thread. Can you maybe work the graveyard shift for us tonight?

Answer: Yeah, sorta. It's a new ball game when feelings get involved.
    It's scary. I'm used to crushing in silence and agony but not used to having hunches about people liking me. So freak out timez.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    HAHAHA! I love that scene!!! "Well there seems to be an absence of a certain ornithological piece: a headline regarding mass awareness of a certain avian variety."

Ok New QueStiOn: What kind of food sacrifices are required to make an INTP happy?
    *runs INFP Geiger-Müller counter* Actually this thread is no where near colorful enough!! We must release the unicorns:
    RAWR!

Question x^3: So let's say us non-INTP types are talking to an INTP... and that's good because INTPs can be awesome. But let's say that the INTP gets "stuck" into deep Ti mode and is super serious business about whatever topic is at hand. And the non-INTP is thinking, Ok, I know this is important to talk about in a serious fashion... but at this point in the time, space, longitude, and latitude continuum... I just can't deal with it right now. How can we interrupt or steer the INTP to more playful waters without being disrespectful?

Question x^4: How competitive are you? Let's say you play scrabble with a friend and that friend continually kicks your ass in the game. Would you eventually give up? Or would you just enjoy playing the game with them? Or would you be striving to beat them?

Thanks for answering!
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc"]I just had to![/YOUTUBE]

3. I don't mind. I don't usually get stuck into deeeeeeeep Ti mode though so I don't really know. When my Ti friends get stuck into deep analysis, I just let them and maybe say something silly that's related to the thing they're obsessing over... On the other hand, my dad (INTP) hates it if we disturb him when he's focusing on something so I'm not sure.

4. I'm not sure. It depends a lot on the game and the friend. If I like the game I'll play anyway and probably strive to improve to pwn them and be crowned Queen. If it's a game I don't enjoy so much, then I won't care and probably not play again.

Food sacrifice: I need cheesecake, bubble tea, fruit salad, soup, pizza, banana bread, waffles, BUBBLE TEAAAAA!

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Hmm...I'm not sure. I hope someone else answers because when this is done to me, I get pretty pissed off. If I'm in that mode, it is SUPER SERIOUS and IMPORTANT. It's like someone trying to make jokes in the middle of a labor contraction.

Okay...maybe I exaggerate. But not by much.

I think I'd just prefer if the person stopped talking to me. Just end the conversation.
    Not much at all. I'm all too aware that there is someone "better" than I am.

Bad example using scrabble. No one is kicking my ass in that game.

Something else...I wouldn't care very much. I'd just enjoy playing. Winning is like icing...playing is the cake.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It depends. Let's say 50% of the time it's going to be fine if someone close to us wants to goof around or steer us away from our serious mode. But, sometimes, we either (a) really want to finish what we're doing or "get through" whatever we're dealing with, or, (b) it's possible that we see the other person as goofing off too much. I know with my ISFP ex, she was very funny and we laughed a lot together, but it was very difficult to have any sort of serious discussions. And that can get kind of frustrating too. I love to goof off - more than the average bear. But, I can't do it 24/7 - at some point we have to come back to reality and talk about real things. I can only talk about cartoons and space ships and Scary Movie 3 and "what if my asparagus was alive" for so long. Ne loves it - Ti doesn't have much patience for it.

It would get old if they could never beat me. I'd want to be challenged. I would rather play my 10th favorite game and have to try really hard to win than to play my favorite game and win easily every single time. Ti wants to be challenged, it wants to have to *think*. I hate playing checkers when I can beat someone 10 out of 10 times. But, if it's more of an even match, then I can't wait for the next match!
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Hmm...I'm not sure. I hope someone else answers because when this is done to me, I get pretty pissed off. If I'm in that mode, it is SUPER SERIOUS and IMPORTANT. It's like someone trying to make jokes in the middle of a labor contraction.

Okay...maybe I exaggerate. But not by much.

I think I'd just prefer if the person stopped talking to me. Just end the conversation.
    Yeah, I agree. For me it can be like that sometimes, but probably not as much as people think. But, yeah, it does happen.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I'd like to say something too to this: I figured in the relationship with my infp that the moments when she talks about her feelings, she'd hate it to be harshly interrupted, corrected or even advised something, she just wants someone to listen. I often do want to cut the conversation cause she is feeling things so intensely that it makes me sad and totally overwhelmes me. I feel totally helpless and would like to kill everyone who did a mean thing to her and make that suckers pay for a long hurtful time. But instead I sit their and dont know what to tell her cause I have zero experience with such deep morales and feelings cause I would never let them take control over me, I'd punch the person hurting me into the face so I dont get hurt.

I think its similiar with Ti. I admire Te people for the easy time they have saying things, I cant just readily turn whats in my mind into words in the real world. I have a very fragmented, tangent and jumping way of thinking, when I solve an equation I dont do it step my step, no my mind is at several points in space at once, like different smaller functions gearing together to fulfill a bigger function. When I speak my mind it needs me to invest a lot of energy. Entps are known for being frivoulus fool arounds but in the rare times in which we are serious it does make us very introvert, cause we have to invest a lot of energy to turn the inside of the mind to the outside. I think when a Ti user really is serious about something and wants you to understand, it is because this topic means a lot to him / her and he / she wants people to see it like he / she does or to understand.

I know what you mean, I often come into the situation that my gf does interrupt me in the first minutes of something I want to say. I thought of this to be very disrespectful and in the beginning it pissed me off a lot. But I learned that she just has moments when she cant take it and I try to respect that.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I'd like to say something too to this: I figured in the relationship with my infp that the moments when she talks about her feelings, she'd hate it to be harshly interrupted, corrected or even advised something, she just wants someone to listen. I often do want to cut the conversation cause she is feeling things so intensely that it makes me sad and totally overwhelmes me. I feel totally helpless and would like to kill everyone who did a mean thing to her and make that suckers pay for a long hurtful time. But instead I sit their and dont know what to tell her cause I have zero experience with such deep morales and feelings cause I would never let them take control over me, I'd punch the person hurting me into the face so I dont get hurt.

I think its similiar with Ti. I admire Te people for the easy time they have saying things, I cant just readily turn whats in my mind into words in the real world. I have a very fragmented, tangent and jumping way of thinking, when I solve an equation I dont do it step my step, no my mind is at several points in space at once, like different smaller functions gearing together to fulfill a bigger function. When I speak my mind it needs me to invest a lot of energy. Entps are known for being frivoulus fool arounds but in the rare times in which we are serious it does make us very introvert, cause we have to invest a lot of energy to turn the inside of the mind to the outside. I think when a Ti user really is serious about something and wants you to understand, it is because this topic means a lot to him / her and he / she wants people to see it like he / she does or to understand.

I know what you mean, I often come into the situation that my gf does interrupt me in the first minutes of something I want to say. I thought of this to be very disrespectful and in the beginning it pissed me off a lot. But I learned that she just has moments when she cant take it and I try to respect that.
    I can definitely respect this and the other points of view shown. Duly noted to not interrupt or try to sidetrack Ti. To clarify, my question was more aimed in response to something said earlier in the thread about INTPs being too serious at times and needing help to loosen up a bit... I was referring to that more than "Oh here we are having a serious discussion about the state of our relationship.... time to break out the dancing packyderms!"

Zat ees all ah meant... Ah be nice to Ti ah promish.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ok tho I dont see the connection there, I wont ask shall it be .

Still what I said about the way Ti thinks and Te thinks does answer a lot of questions in the end. It has been in the continous center of my research on the matter so far

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ok tho I dont see the connection there, I wont ask shall it be .

Still what I said about the way Ti thinks and Te thinks does answer a lot of questions in the end. It has been in the continous center of my research on the matter so far
    I have a feeling that what went on in my mind was not equal to what actually got typed out. I won't even try to repair it at this point, lol.... I will just move along and make some magical INFP cookies laced with glitter and hugs.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

No problem you know its all about precision ! precision precision precision !!! Or maybe not ?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdxzpeFyFSQ"].[/YOUTUBE]