User Tag List

First 39474849505159 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    And now the thread has been won. The day secured. Peace for a thousand years shall reign from the distant orange mountains of fire, all the way to the depths of the jasmine tea sea.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It's more like a circle with entps, not like a square in pulp-fiction but equally so

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Dear Intps,

if you think you were right on a topic, but would look like an ass when saying what you think, but do it nevertheless and later on figure that you were wrong; could then a package of rice levitate to the ceiling by accident in China ?
    I have been making so many mistakes lately. Now, mostly they've been either emotional, physical, or navigational, which are specific things that I know I'm not very good at and therefore have accepted that I'm going to make mistakes. In the last week, I've made out with one of my best friends, badly burned myself, banged my head on a drawer, stubbed my toe several times, and gotten lost like 5 times. Clearly, the first mistake was the biggest, but I think I handled it.

Of course, mistakes like those aren't what you're talking about. In intellectual discussions, I'm either right, or will admit that I might not be up front. I'll say "I could be wrong, but I think Azerbaijan neighbors Armenia." If I'm not 100% confident that I'm right, especially in a moral issue, I will not act upon anything, and I won't claim to know what I'm talking about. Even if it makes me look like an ass, I will usually fight a moral issue to the death . I should mention that all political issues are essentially moral issues, and for anything that has an objectively right or wrong answer (like the geography thing above), I'll concede as soon as some authority (read: wikipedia) makes itself known.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    Would I count as someone to answer the questions? Oh well. I might as well ask,
    If a man were to kill one of your loved ones and they currently reside in a shack three miles away from your home, asleep, would you kill him or let him live? If you choose to kill, please explain how you would kill him and if you would let him live, explain why you would let him live.
    I take my pacifism very seriously. I would likely let the police handle it. I believe very strongly that two wrongs do not add up to a right. I don't see the difference between justice and vengeance. I'd make sure he doesn't kill again by making sure he ends up in prison. If the courts fail me, I'd probably break his ankles or something to make sure he doesn't kill again.

If a man were to kill one of your loved ones and they currently reside in a shack three miles away from your home, asleep, would you kill him or let him live? If you choose to kill, please explain how you would kill him and if you would let him live, explain why you would let him live.
    I know what I'm supposed to say. I'm supposed to say "I'd call the cops, let the justice system work it out." And it's overwhelmingly likely that I would do that. But, assuming that hypothetical man did it, went to trial and was (wrongly) found innocent?

I'd kill him. How? Ideally the same way he killed my loved one, but killing him in a manner such that I could get away with it would be paramount. The eventual method would be a result of careful consideration between how close I could emulate his crime while giving me the best chance to cover up my tracks.

That probably sounds very morbid, but it's true. Some things I won't let go of.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I have been making so many mistakes lately. Now, mostly they've been either emotional, physical, or navigational, which are specific things that I know I'm not very good at and therefore have accepted that I'm going to make mistakes. In the last week, I've made out with one of my best friends, badly burned myself, banged my head on a drawer, stubbed my toe several times, and gotten lost like 5 times. Clearly, the first mistake was the biggest, but I think I handled it.

Of course, mistakes like those aren't what you're talking about. In intellectual discussions, I'm either right, or will admit that I might not be up front. I'll say "I could be wrong, but I think Azerbaijan neighbors Armenia." If I'm not 100% confident that I'm right, especially in a moral issue, I will not act upon anything, and I won't claim to know what I'm talking about. Even if it makes me look like an ass, I will usually fight a moral issue to the death . I should mention that all political issues are essentially moral issues, and for anything that has an objectively right or wrong answer (like the geography thing above), I'll concede as soon as some authority (read: wikipedia) makes itself known.
    Hey dont worry I love you guys. It's just sometimes I like to pick fights but thats nothing personal it's a problem I have. I really didnt want to make you vindicate yourself. Its the booze, its the true and real enemy ! -.-

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hey dont worry I love you guys. It's just sometimes I like to pick fights but thats nothing personal it's a problem I have. I really didnt want to make you vindicate yourself. Its the booze, its the true and real enemy ! -.-
    Stop picking on us, OK?! Or one of us is going to snap on you.

How's that for an emo outburst?

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Nah I was seriously apologizing. Being together for 6 years now with an infp has shown me that I am too overbearin sometimes. I feel like the 3 cats here:

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

if you think you were right on a topic, but would look like an ass when saying what you think, but do it nevertheless and later on figure that you were wrong; could then a package of rice levitate to the ceiling by accident in China ?
    I heard a rumour about this: on the internet they edit their post, so it looks like they were right all along and simply had problems explaining their point to others.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I can't do this kind of thing without a long period of planning. Assuming he won't change his mind and considering he can't be arrested for mere desires, I think the best option is killing the person, but, if I did it myself, I'd probably be too nervous to cover my tracks properly. The best option, imo, would be hiring a pro. Oh, and pay in cash. I have a cop friend that would probably either do or know someone that would get the job done. If i had to do it myself, I'd need a clean gun, as I would need to be in a possessed state to resort to agonizing or overly bloody methods. If both options are impossible, the other option is vanish, leaving away friends and jobs, and hope the man won't find us.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    I heard a rumour about this: on the internet they edit their post, so it looks like they were right all along and simply had problems explaining their point to others.
    Haha. Yeah, we do that too. Not to be "right". Just because we realize that we went off on some wild tangent and didn't even answer the person's question. We got off point, which, I know I'm prone to do. And then we read it back and go, "What was I thinking in that post! I should probably answer their question." At least that's what I did when I edited my post on "P-ness".

If an INTP has edited a post to make themselves appear more "right" (rather than to simply get back on topic), then let the evidence be shown! What? You have no evidence? Away with you!

We aint perfect. We human.