User Tag List

First 38464748495058 Last

Results 471 to 480 of 664

  1. #471
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Thanks for the honest answer. Well truth to be told, I admire intps or dom Ts in general for that faculty. As an engineer I am on a daily basis confronted with the epitome of correctness. I am on the other hand extremly clutterminded. Its not that I do that on purpose on the contrary, I heavily try to concentrate, but still I fail. I am missing words when I explain something or I mix things up. Tho I pride myself in precision and perfection in my work, I never really get it perfectly, I always appear like an idiot, mix things up or am wrong.

    Then on the other hand sometimes you are working on a project that has grade D significance. But your dom T project members are putting an effort into it that has grade A++ significance. Then you stumb on the table and say, guys: you are overdoing it. And then they hate you. An equal thing goes on with my grandpa, a great intp mind. He's a marvellous electrician and always has to be in control and tell me what to do when we work on projects. I just think that doesnt work in the long run, he has to let the youth make their own mistakes, he cant control me like everytime. What if he isnt there sometime to help me ? Then I have to be prepared to do it alone.

    Well with my grandpa it often ends that we get into a heavy arguement (me faster then him) and after that this 80 year old man tells everybody it was my fault. I am not resentful so I get along quite fast again with my grandpa but other people hate him for his persitance to be correct and he has had many issues due to that in life.

    I was just wondering if there isnt something like a greater good in an intps life for whichs sake they have no problems with being right but not saying it ?
    You guys (ENTP's) are definitely better at "letting things go" than we are. T-doms are very hard-headed, IMO (that's the nature of the "T" beast, but it doesn't excuse the behavior). I think on the good side of it, we are, like you say, geared toward precision. That comes in handy sometimes. There are certain things/projects where I feel that if I work diligently enough or if I concentrate/focus enough, that I can get *almost perfect* results - very, very high quality results. 99.99% out of 100. That's good sometimes - depending on what the project is. But, you're also right that sometimes it's overdone and not necessary. It's just the way we're wired, I guess - to always want to be precise.

    You are very right that your grandpa (and other T-doms) need to let people fail themselves or allow them to learn on their own. I guess in our mind, we're thinking, "Surely this person wants to be A+++ in everything just like I do, so I will show them EXACTLY how to do that." We're trying to show you our process or our method for reaching precision - because we assume that you would also want to do that.

    Regarding your last sentence - it wasn't until I came here to TypoC actually, that I read something that simulatedworld (an ENTP) said that really helped me. He said something like, "INTP's should recognize that it's not necessary to WIN every single social situation - to "defeat" every foe or every task or every situation with 100% accuracy." It's just not necessary all the time. That's an eye-opener for INTP's, I think. Cuz our brains are wired to want to be "correct" every single time. So, we have to conciously remind ourselves (or be nicely reminded by someone else), "Hey, this particular situation isn't that big of a deal. An argument or a debate or being accurate is not really necessary in this situation."

    EDIT: Think of a basketball player. He knows (statistically) that he cannot make every shot. But, being a perfectionist, he still WANTS to make every shot. Every time he misses, he is angry with himself because he feels he could have done better. Even though he knows he will miss some shots, in the game of basketball, the point of the game is to "make shots" - so when you miss, you feel like you failed. And it doesn't matter if you *almost* made the shot. Almost only counts in horse shoes, hand granades, and slow dancing.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  2. #472
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    You guys (ENTP's) are definitely better at "letting things go" than we are. T-doms are very hard-headed, IMO (that's the nature of the "T" beast, but it doesn't excuse the behavior). I think on the good side of it, we are, like you say, geared toward precision. That comes in handy sometimes. There are certain things/projects where I feel that if I work diligently enough or if I concentrate/focus enough, that I can get *almost perfect* results - very, very high quality results. 99.99% out of 100. That's good sometimes - depending on what the project is. But, you're also right that sometimes it's overdone and not necessary. It's just the way we're wired, I guess - to always want to be precise.

    You are very right that your grandpa (and other T-doms) need to let people fail themselves or allow them to learn on their own. I guess in our mind, we're thinking, "Surely this person wants to be A+++ in everything just like I do, so I will show them EXACTLY how to do that." We're trying to show you our process or our method for reaching precision - because we assume that you would also want to do that.

    Regarding your last sentence - it wasn't until I came here to TypoC actually, that I read something that simulatedworld (an ENTP) said that really helped me. He said something like, "INTP's should recognize that it's not necessary to WIN every single social situation - to "defeat" every foe or every task or every situation with 100% accuracy." It's just not necessary all the time. That's an eye-opener for INTP's, I think. Cuz our brains are wired to want to be "correct" every single time. So, we have to conciously remind ourselves (or be nicely reminded by someone else), "Hey, this particular situation isn't that big of a deal. An argument or a debate or being accurate is not really necessary in this situation."
    *tips hat* that made me happy, thank you .

    I have a lot to learn for myself, simple thing I always think that I am doing everything right because I always balance things out. I am 50% computer nerd per day and 50% gangster rapper. Fact tho is I am false and only pretending by doing that and that what I really want to be, namely appreciated for my mathematical abilities or my intrest in physics, I'll never achieve if I dont pursuit some goals with uttmost precision.

    At least I have achieved uttmost perfection in beer drinking so far, tho never say never
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #473
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    *tips hat* that made me happy, thank you .

    I have a lot to learn for myself, simple thing I always think that I am doing everything right because I always balance things out. I am 50% computer nerd per day and 50% gangster rapper. Fact tho is I am false and only pretending by doing that and that what I really want to be, namely appreciated for my mathematical abilities or my intrest in physics, I'll never achieve if I dont pursuit some goals with uttmost precision.

    At least I have achieved uttmost perfection in beer drinking so far, tho never say never
    I don't think you have much to worry about. All the ENTP's I know are very, very capable people in whatever profession they are in. I've never looked at an ENTP co-worker and thought, "They aren't as precise as me. They aren't good at their job." You guys have enough Ti that you're able to be precise, but not overly so. So, you might see INTP's that you work with being more inclined to be "exact" in their work, but the only people who would probably notice that are them and you. Others won't even know the difference. If anything, the others might think, "Why is the INTP so anal and so fixated?"
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  4. #474

    Default

    With all this talk of precision, what sorts of things are you "P" about?

    (cause I don't think "Precision" is what Myers and Briggs meant by "P" )

  5. #475
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Oh yeah, I want to see some intp pness as well
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Oh yeah, I want to see some intp pness as well
    Ahahaha...Pness. Is that supposed to be a play on words?

  7. #477
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    You know the german language is pretty precise that means you most often have only one or two meanings for a thing with one word. The english language tho is very metaphorical, when I sometimes search for an english word, I find that the same word would have like 10 different word meanings in german. The really awesome thing is, if you have a beautiful metaphorical language like the english one and a pervert brain like mine, the world is your oyster
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #478
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    With all this talk of precision, what sorts of things are you "P" about?

    (cause I don't think "Precision" is what Myers and Briggs meant by "P" )
    Ha. We're probably P about all the things that you guys (ENTP's) are. At it's worst, it's something like this:

    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  9. #479
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    .
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  10. #480
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Ha. We're probably P about all the things that you guys (ENTP's) are. At it's worst, it's something like this:

    And now the thread has been won. The day secured. Peace for a thousand years shall reign from the distant orange mountains of fire, all the way to the depths of the jasmine tea sea.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Ask an INTP anything!
    By Methylene in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-31-2016, 02:24 PM
  2. [INTP] Ask an INTP!
    By The_World_As_Will in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 02:10 PM
  3. [INTP] Ask an INTP
    By Such Irony in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 12:39 AM
  4. [INTP] Don't ask an INTP.
    By Blank in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 05:20 PM
  5. Ask an INTP and get told
    By The Decline in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 12:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO