User Tag List

First 37454647484957 Last

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by InTheFlesh View Post
    When in your childhood did you recognize that you were the way you are? What was the defining moment in discovering your personality(not necessarily in MBTI terms)?
    There was no defining moment as such; it was more of a "work" in progress deal. I was very into designing (and still am). When I eventually got over the sibling rivalry and jealousy with my little sister, I would invent games based on the pocket games we had (playing Tetris with furniture was extremely challenging though and always got us in trouble) or design adventure parks for her in the living room. My "friends" from primary school never did that and thought I was strange from doing such things instead of playing with dolls and having imaginary tea parties (seriously..why would I do such things????). Also, I found that my interests were completely different from other kids of the same age. While the other girls would only talk about who liked whom in class (I'm not sure what the guys were doing...), I was craving to talk to people about dinosaurs and planets and why the sun was not a planet (as most people in my class believed...). At first this bothered me but I found I could have such discussions with my parents so it was fine. When I went to secondary school, I didn't meet anyone who was like me in personality. I did, however, meet people who had some interests that were similar and became friends with them. Anyway, by then being different didn't bother as much.

Hmm, interesting. Two more.

1). Do you consider yourself self-aware?

2). Why the fuck are you so good at Axis and Allies/Risk?
    Yep, I sometimes feel I am too self-aware (if there can be such a thing). I wish I could be as oblivious about those things as I am about most other things.

Heh, I've never played those...but I can get pretty good at things if I put my mind to it (like the time I got deep into math because I was crushing on a guy who was excellent at math until I realised he was extremely obnoxious so the crush quickly faded into oblivion and only my love for math remained).

Anew Leaf

Question #x+1: If you could create new senses for humanity what would they be, and would you allow everyone to partake of these senses?*

(*Please no answer of "spidey sense" because spiders are gross.)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

When in your childhood did you recognize that you were the way you are? What was the defining moment in discovering your personality(not necessarily in MBTI terms)?
    At the start of uni, I experimented with my personality, throw a few spanners into the works and see what fits. It took a long time for me to realize wtf was going on, and I progressively came to this rather enlightening point, where I finally have a sense of identity, it only took 20 years.

Hmm, interesting. Two more.

1). Do you consider yourself self-aware?

2). Why the fuck are you so good at Axis and Allies/Risk?
    1. No, I don't think so. I'm often shocked to see how others perceive me, and it's always different to how I think I am, but that's changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Question #x+1: If you could create new senses for humanity what would they be, and would you allow everyone to partake of these senses?*

A sense for potential energy. This would help society in many ways, people would be able to look at powerlines and feel the energy flowing through them. In this way, most things that could potentially explode would be easy to sense, so if someone leaves a carbomb in a bag in a supermarket, everyone would be able to sense that it's there.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Spidey sense = Intuition. Already have it.

Since learning about MBTI, I always thought it'd be cool if I could see a little bubble above everyone's head indicating which type they are. Then I could break the ice accordingly.

To ISFP: So, like, you look like you might be an artist of some sort. Lemme guess...you paint?
    To ENTJ: So, where are you working these days? You look like you might be an executive of some sort. What's your philosophy on leadership?
    To ESTJ: Hey! Workin' hard or hardly workin'? Don't answer that. I already know.
    To INFP: *throws a handful of glitter up in the air above them*
    To INTP: Hey there! Errr, nevermind, I'm sure you're......busy. Thinking. Or something.
    To ESTP/ESFP: So, what's going on tonight? Where's the place to be?
    To ISTJ: I gotta question. You know when you're filing your taxes online and it asks that question about......

NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Dear Intps,

if you think you were right on a topic, but would look like an ass when saying what you think, but do it nevertheless and later on figure that you were wrong; could then a package of rice levitate to the ceiling by accident in China ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Dear Intps,

if you think you were right on a topic, but would look like an ass when saying what you think, but do it nevertheless and later on figure that you were wrong; could then a package of rice levitate to the ceiling by accident in China ?
    It definitely happens sometimes! We aren't perfect. In that moment, we know that we are right, otherwise we wouldn't be defending it so firmly. But, then sometimes we re-think the issue or more information rolls in and we go, "Oops! I'm an idiot!" And I would even go a step further and say that it's probably hardest for T-doms to be willing to admit they were wrong. Think about the ENTJ's, ESTJ's, INTP's, and ISTP's that you know. Being "right" or "accurate" is something we take seriously - or, maybe it's better to say that we hate "getting things wrong" (because we like to reach a high level of competency in whatever we do?) - so when we're shown to be wrong, it's like, "How the heck did that happen? I really must not have thought it through as much as I thought I did. I must be slacking off. Must. Get. Life. Back. In. Order."

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

^^^ Or, sometimes we realize that even if we are right, it's not worth it to fight to the death. Better to be wrong and get along with people, then to fight to be right and alienate people. We get that lesson from you ENTP's, I think. That's when you say to your girlfriend, "Honey, if loving you is wrong....................I don't wanna be right!"

MBTI
    INTJ

Would I count as someone to answer the questions? Oh well. I might as well ask,
    If a man were to kill one of your loved ones and they currently reside in a shack three miles away from your home, asleep, would you kill him or let him live? If you choose to kill, please explain how you would kill him and if you would let him live, explain why you would let him live.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    It definitely happens sometimes! We aren't perfect. In that moment, we know that we are right, otherwise we wouldn't be defending it so firmly. But, then sometimes we re-think the issue or more information rolls in and we go, "Oops! I'm an idiot!" And I would even go a step further and say that it's probably hardest for T-doms to be willing to admit they were wrong. Think about the ENTJ's, ESTJ's, INTP's, and ISTP's that you know. Being "right" or "accurate" is something we take seriously - or, maybe it's better to say that we hate "getting things wrong" (because we like to reach a high level of competency in whatever we do?) - so when we're shown to be wrong, it's like, "How the heck did that happen? I really must not have thought it through as much as I thought I did. I must be slacking off. Must. Get. Life. Back. In. Order."
    Thanks for the honest answer. Well truth to be told, I admire intps or dom Ts in general for that faculty. As an engineer I am on a daily basis confronted with the epitome of correctness. I am on the other hand extremly clutterminded. Its not that I do that on purpose on the contrary, I heavily try to concentrate, but still I fail. I am missing words when I explain something or I mix things up. Tho I pride myself in precision and perfection in my work, I never really get it perfectly, I always appear like an idiot, mix things up or am wrong.

Then on the other hand sometimes you are working on a project that has grade D significance. But your dom T project members are putting an effort into it that has grade A++ significance. Then you stumb on the table and say, guys: you are overdoing it. And then they hate you. An equal thing goes on with my grandpa, a great intp mind. He's a marvellous electrician and always has to be in control and tell me what to do when we work on projects. I just think that doesnt work in the long run, he has to let the youth make their own mistakes, he cant control me like everytime. What if he isnt there sometime to help me ? Then I have to be prepared to do it alone.

Well with my grandpa it often ends that we get into a heavy arguement (me faster then him) and after that this 80 year old man tells everybody it was my fault. I am not resentful so I get along quite fast again with my grandpa but other people hate him for his persitance to be correct and he has had many issues due to that in life.

I was just wondering if there isnt something like a greater good in an intps life for whichs sake they have no problems with being right but not saying it ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    Would I count as someone to answer the questions? Oh well. I might as well ask,
    If a man were to kill one of your loved ones and they currently reside in a shack three miles away from your home, asleep, would you kill him or let him live? If you choose to kill, please explain how you would kill him and if you would let him live, explain why you would let him live.
    I'm going to the shack, I'm tying his hands behind his back, I'm putting him in my car, and I'm taking the long route to the downtown police station. I'm going to drop him off with the police and allow them to handle it. But, first, he and I are going for a long drive and having a chat (this probably wouldn't happen in reality).

Why? I could never take another person's life - unless it was "me or him" type of thing - like a burglar coming into my family home at night - he has a weapon pointed at me (or wife or kids) - then I'm taking him out cuz he broke into my domain and is threatening my loved ones. Other than a situation similar to that, I'm going about it the right way and I'm placing confidence in the system and in justice. Even more than that, I'm placing confidence in the man upstairs that everything will work out the way it needs to - and that may be completely different than what I had in mind. But, as outraged/devastated as I'd be, it's not up to me to start going out and taking more lives - and thereby continuing the cycle of violence. That's not my decision to make.