User Tag List

First 36444546474856 Last

Enneagram
    CFV

When in your childhood did you recognize that you were the way you are? What was the defining moment in discovering your personality(not necessarily in MBTI terms)?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    INTPs pride themselves on competency and big picture thinking. How does an INTP cope if they weren't born with the tools to be competent? How does a low ability INTP behave?
    Everybody has things they're able to be competent at, right? Or are you talking about someone who is inhibited in some way (e.g., isn't a high-functioning person)? I definitely have weak areas that I'm just not very good at - and those activities/careers frustrate me. I've become competent at just about every job I've had, but when I worked in construction some years ago, it just didn't come to me. Hard as I tried, it just wasn't my thing. There were parts of the trade that I became really good at, but overall, I knew that I could never reach the level of competency I have come to expect of myself. In other words, I would watch others and see them being more competent than me - and that told me that I had a long ways to go. I could never start a construction business knowing full well that the company down the street is doing better work than me. I just couldn't do it. I have to feel that I'm A+ quality at what I'm doing (or at least that I can see myself getting to that point in due time).

I remember taking up the game of golf 15 years ago. I quickly realized that golf is a game in which you must constantly try to get better. I realized that I would be having to practice the game constantly, constantly refining my game in order to achieve a high level of competency. I'd never be satisfied shooting a 90 or an 85. I mean, to go out and play a fun game with friends once in a while (and not do good) - I can handle that. But, to spend 20 years trying to get from 90 down to 72 (a scratch golfer), I didn't have the patience for that - so I gave the game up. Whereas, with a sport like skiing - I was able to spend 5 good years and become pretty darn good. I haven't skied in about 4 years now, but I have no doubt that I could hit the slopes right now and do well. I'd be rusty, but I'd find my groove soon enough.

So, I guess to answer your question - I feel like just about anything I undertake, I'm pretty confident (at least at the beginning) that I will be able to become very competent. But, some things I just don't have the proper skill set for, and those things are very frustrating to me and I end up not liking them. I have respect for people who can do those things (golfers, home builders, etc.) - cuz they can do what I can't - but I end up thinking, "It's just not for me. It's not my thing."
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by InTheFlesh View Post
    When in your childhood did you recognize that you were the way you are? What was the defining moment in discovering your personality(not necessarily in MBTI terms)?
    I remember as a kid, going off by myself (getting away from people) - whether it be going for a long bike ride, wandering off at the lake we vacationed at, or closing the door to my bedroom, and thinking about things. Mapping things out on paper, considering possibilities, wondering (and trying to figure out) why things were the way they were, wondering how things could be different, exploring different phenomenons, experimenting with numbers/frequencies, reading, writing, etc. I never had a musical instrument, but I had these two drum sticks and I would play them against different surfaces to see what different combinations of sounds I could make, etc. Where it became evident that this was my unique personality is when family and/or friends would ask me to go with them somewhere and I would say that I would rather continue doing what I was doing. I was intrigued by something and I didn't want to be interrupted. I wanted to keep exploring the topic deeper, keep learning. Even at 10 and 12 years old, I sometimes couldn't be bothered by other things. If I was really engaged in something, my mom would call me for dinner like 10 times. Finally, she'd come to my bedroom and yell at me to stop doing what I was doing and come eat dinner. Sometimes my parents would have to force me to go with them or to go play with my friends. Haha.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

I don't remember a single moment that would define me. I've always been really spacey, never had more than a few really close friends, and would spend hours alone in my room playing with k'nex (which is the greatest child's toy in history, by the way). Every other weekend, my family would eat spaghetti, (a food that I did not care for), and my older brother, who was really really advanced for his age, would debate religion and politics with my parents. I would listen quietly and analyze their arguments while eating hot dogs or whatever. There's Ti's advancement. Inferior Fe came in the form of tears whenever something didn't go perfectly until like 7th grade, and that was embarrassing.

Enneagram
    CFV

Hmm, interesting. Two more.

1). Do you consider yourself self-aware?

2). Why the fuck are you so good at Axis and Allies/Risk?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Yes. Very. Hasn't helped me all that much though. I have difficulty with the whole 'doing something about it' thing.

I don't play. I may well be good at them if I did.

Yes, but it often does not come into play when I make decisions.

Ability to analyze many outcomes at once and plan accordingly.

Better question is why I'm so bad at chess.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    INTPs pride themselves on competency and big picture thinking. How does an INTP cope if they weren't born with the tools to be competent? How does a low ability INTP behave?
    we also pride ourselves on not giving a flying fuck . but thats mostly only for the other people outside, but at least with me competency is something im able to truly not give a fuck in most cases, i pretty much only care about that if i think im better at something than he is, but he claims to be better..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Very

I've only played Risk a few times. Don't know if I'm good at it or not.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

1: Yes.

2: Never played either to completion. I always get bored of risk by the time we can get it set up, and I've never had the opportunity to play axis and allies.