User Tag List

First 33414243444553 Last

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I spend an excessive amount of time alone in my room listening to whatever music fits the feeling (assuming negative). .
    The music definitely has to fit the feelings or situation. It helps to identify the feeling.

Oh I just remembered! Sometimes I decide to listen to a particular track for (seemingly) no reason at all. It's only later on that I find out that the lyrics (usually) or something related to the song was very relevant with what I was feeling at the time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    The music definitely has to fit the feelings or situation. It helps to identify the feeling.

Oh I just remembered! Sometimes I decide to listen to a particular track for (seemingly) no reason at all. It's only later on that I find out that the lyrics (usually) or something related to the song was very relevant with what I was feeling at the time.
    Yeah! Lately I've been listening to a lot of Swell Season because I've apparently been feeling very wistful.

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    Yeah! Lately I've been listening to a lot of Swell Season because I've apparently been feeling very wistful.
    Their songs are quite wistful... I've been listening mostly to Andrew Bird lately because he takes me away from a world of unnecessary drama.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Their songs are quite wistful... I've been listening mostly to Andrew Bird lately because he takes me away from a world of unnecessary drama.
    ANDREW BIRD IS MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE ARTIST.

I rarely meet people, even online, who have heard of him. Perhaps he appeals to INTPs. I can see the complexity appealing to Ti in particular.

Anew Leaf

(i love Andrew bird!!)

Question #50: what is something that scares INTPs?

Is it:
    A. Emotions
    B. A quadratic equation with incorrect information
    C. Waking up in bed with a Billy goat with glowing green eyes next to you.
    D. things with more legs than needed. Ie, a spider, or a centipede, or a starfish.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    (i love Andrew bird!!)

Is it:
    A. Emotions
    D. things with more legs than needed. Ie, a spider, or a centipede, or a starfish.
    Woo...that's a real tough one. A toss up between A and D...arachnids *shudders with horror*

(guesswho, don't you post a spider pic either!)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

(i love Andrew bird!!)

Is it:
    A. Emotions
    That's easy:
    A. Only when they are obviously irrational and out of control
    B. Nah, that's annoying rather than scary
    C. OMG, who mows their lawn? Lawn mowers are just as scary as their distant counsins the vacuum cleaners...inside or outside the bed!
    D. Nope, bugs are fine
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

(i love Andrew bird!!)

Is it:
    A. Emotions
    I don't want to wake up next to anything with a beard. Or more than two legs. Or Hooves. Glowing green eyes could be kinda cool on an otherwise attractive lady.

To answer your question, C. Of course.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

(i love Andrew bird!!)

Is it:
    A. Emotions
    Honestly, I'd say none of the above.

A. I'm Fe, so I'm not the kind of person who can hold back my emotions or keep them under wraps. If I feel something, I like it to be voiced. If I keep emotions bottled up, I feel like I'm going to explode or something. They have to come out. I think sometimes people think that if an INTP doesn't emote a lot (which we don't), that they must be ignoring their emotions or not giving them their proper acknowledgement or something, and that's not necessarily true. This last weekend was a roller coaster of emotions for me (family reunion of sorts - *cough*) - it had some ups and some personal downs for me. Lots of emotions - but, just by talking about those things in a calm, rational manner with people was me emoting. By talking about the weekend with someone, that allowed me to work through the emotions. If I say to someone, "This weekend was a bit sad for me for certain reasons" - I may seem like a robot INTP who "is hiding his real emotions" - but, in reality, that *is* me dealing with my emotions. Might seem stunted to an NF, but that is emotional to me. If I say I'm sad, you can believe that I'm feeling the emotion of sadness inside to a large degree. One time last year, I had to call a friend about an issue I was going through and I sobbed like a baby for about 10 minutes on the phone. And, it was really a somewhat trivial issue. It wasn't even something like the loss of a loved one or anything like that. It was an issue that made me feel like I had failed miserably. That I had let people down who had trusted me with a large responsibility and who I gave my word and my handshake that everything would be taken care of and I was unable to deliver. These "episodes" happen maybe once a year - I call it my "once a year meltdown". Other than those meltdowns, I deal with emotions all the time, it's just not in an NF type of way. It's just more of a talking through things.

B. Annoying, but it's not going to stop the earth from rotating on its axis - therefore, I can overlook it.

C. "Come here and lay down in the bed you little Billy goat. Yes, good billy goat. Now go to sleep."

D. Yeah, I'm not real fond of these things. Spiders get stepped on or crushed, centipedes get kicked into the gutter, and starfish are cool - although I really have no desire to touch one that is alive. I'd rather just wave to him.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Did you at least find out you maybe kinda liked it? Enough that it didn't ruin your lunch?
    Yeah, it wasn't that bad. It was edible. It's just that if I pay for something (especially food), I want to get what I ordered. I don't want to order A and get B. I don't want to order a brown leather couch and then have the company deliver a blue cloth couch. So, yeah, it wasn't a huge deal. But, I didn't enjoy my sandwich as much as I would have. Instead of being a 9 out of 10 of fresh goodness, it was more like a 5 or 6 out of 10, which is OK, but also kind of aggravating. Why eat 5-ness, when you know you could have had 9-ness?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay