User Tag List

First 31394041424351 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

you think there is a fourth dimension, if so do you believe there are beings living there?
    I think multiple dimensions may exist. Einsten had good points for the theory. I also keep wondering if there could be new worlds inside black holes. If these worlds do exist, there's a chance that there are beings living there, but it would be random.
    Do you think you have the patience and endurance to live forever?
    Human beings aren't wired for that. I'd probably run out of intellectual stimulation and end up depressed.
    to add to this, do you think that if you lived forever that the brain would eventually run out of space to record memories and learn? or do you think information be forgotten as you continue to learn?
    Second option.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Anew Leaf

Question #49: What is a question we should be asking you guys?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    How about ''What is a question we should be asking you guys?'' (Whoa, a paradox )
    Any that doesn't necessarily involve feelings.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    to add to this, do you think that if you lived forever that the brain would eventually run out of space to record memories and learn? or do you think information be forgotten as you continue to learn?
    Probably, I think it would take a long time and it wouldn't necessarily be the oldest information that was forgotten. There's only so many possible configurations producible within our brains. They couldn't store or represent everything. I doubt storage efficiency is even as much as 5%.

While overwriting old information would be more optimal than halted learning, I can't see it as being a trait that was selected for or had any utility yet. As such, it's doubtful that the brain is structured to do such yet.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    you think there is a fourth dimension, if so do you believe there are beings living there?
    spacetime could be seen as space being in three dimensions and time being the fourth dimension in it.

in some level, maybe human consciousness could be seen as being in some other dimension. i dont mean it like being some supernatural thing, but its something that happens because of physiological things, but still you cant see it being any particular physiological thing. it come from physical matter, yet its not physical, its physical taken to another level and that another level could imo be seen as another dimension
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    IMHO, people should be asking us for perspective, for new ways of looking at things. We spend so much time thinking about things - it's just what we do - and so that's what we have to offer. We slice things up and we analyze situations from every single angle. That's why we're such pests and it's why we like to play devil's advocate, because we can always see "another perspective". If you argue A, I'll argue B. If you argue B, I'll argue C. If you argue Q, I'll argue W. So, yeah, not everybody wants our perspective and not everyone needs our perspective. But, I think that's what I offer people. A few of my friends call me for my perspective on things. I have an ISTJ friend who comes to me when things aren't going good in his life and he picks my brain for a new way of looking at things. So, yeah, we may not be a lot of things, but we certainly can give you a fresh new perspective on your situation. At least I know I enjoy doing that.

The "side effect" of asking for our perspective, however, is that you're most likely going to get a lecture. If you're going to ask our perspective, be ready and willing to sit down and listen for a bit, because we will have a lot to say on the issue. We will really lay it out for you and explain the why's and the who's and the "how come's" and the "maybe this's" and they "maybe that's". It's only because we care enough to give you our full perspective and viewpoint. We're not trying to bore you. So, if you're not ready to hear the Ti analysis, might be best not to ask.

With my ISFP ex, she'd ask my opinion on a situation that was bothering her, so I'd get 2 or 3 minutes into my explanation, and she'd start checking out mentally. So, I'd stop explaining. But, it was frustrating, cuz I knew she only heard 20% of what I had to say/offer in the way of perspective. So, off she'd go, to solve her problem, with only a fraction of my input. And when she wouldn't get the results she wanted, she'd come back and go, "OK, now I have another problem." And I'd think, "Yeah, I was going to cover that last time we talked, if only you had been willing to hear me out."

We can be complicated and complex, but I do think that's one of the best things we can offer the world - is a full analysis and well-thought-out perspective on any given situation.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Is it possible for an INTP to become an extrovert?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    I have no idea. I'd like to think that personalities and the way people function in the world are fluid and changeable - that we can modify our behavior or sometimes grow into something a bit different than we once were. But, the thought of me being a true extrovert is something I can't really identify with that well at this point. I'd be shocked if I ever become one in my lifetime. But, I won't rule it out. How's that for a 2-sided answer. Yes, it's possible, but no, it won't ever happen.

BTW, what do Jung and the others say about this? I have no idea what the prevailing theory is on how much personality types can change over time.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    Given enough alcohol, absolutely.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

To my fellow INTPs, what happens when you lose your detachment?