User Tag List

First 29373839404149 Last

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Question #47: If we want to compliment an INTP what is the best way to go about it? Ie, how can we speak their language in choosing the right thing to compliment them about, and of what duration is preferred? (I feel like Fe-users can handle/enjoy someone waxing eloquent about their awesomeness much longer than someone like me can. )
    The right thing to say depends on the situation. Be concrete, explain the motivations for complimenting the INTP¤, use all the glitter in the world after that and say it in any way or form you want. Duration depends on if this is private or with other people and how much the INTP really feels it is deserved.

Only thing to remember when complimenting an INTP is to explain the motivation. Otherwise it could be seen as overly feely. I also think there is a difference between how many times you say it and how much time you specifically use on it. If you tell me every day, I might suspect it may not be as deeply felt. On the other hand if you tell me once a week I will appreciate it more. Even if you need to use an hour explaining it.*

¤ if its because of a situation or if its because of appreciation for the INTP as a person

* this is not meant as a specific routine you should do, but only as an example.

NPcomplete

Question #47: If we want to compliment an INTP what is the best way to go about it? Ie, how can we speak their language in choosing the right thing to compliment them about, and of what duration is preferred? (I feel like Fe-users can handle/enjoy someone waxing eloquent about their awesomeness much longer than someone like me can. )

And in the spirit of the Ask an INFP thread, here is a sacrificial equation picture for you guys.
    I love it when the compliment takes me completely by surprise, ie I couldn't have foreseen. So, the frequency of compliment reception matters. If it's something that's said very often, it won't mean much to me.

Good question though. I never know how to compliment my INTP friends...

Instead of the (pretty) equation (which I'm too lazy to look at properly), can there be sacrificial cake/ice cream/sandwiches? I'm starving.

Anew Leaf

thanks for the answers my INP comrades!

I thought about this because of a semi-funny incident that occurred at my dinner party this past weekend. One of my best friends is an INTP and he's 6'7". Another of my friends who is 5' was trying to grab a bowl from my cabinet and failing. So my INTP friend walked over, plucked the bowl down, and handed it over to her.

girl: Wow! Thanks Jon! I'm so glad you're so tall!
    INTP: Uh, yeah....
    girl: *jabs him in side* You should learn to take compliments better!
    INTP: Huh?

So I asked him later what he was thinking and he said, "I was thinking, how is this a compliment? I can't change how tall I am. I didn't "earn" how tall I am... If you want to compliment me, at least compliment me for something I do or can do."

I found it interesting. And I understood a bit where he was coming from on it.

Anew Leaf

Question #48: What would a "perfect" day to you look like?

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

LOL, too many possibilities!

NPcomplete

Allow me to ponder on this for a while.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Allow me to ponder on this for a while.
    pondering is always allowed. for with pondering we get the best results possible.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Okay a simple one which involves things I need to do.

I wake up and feel great, go take a good shower, maybe I'll even sing a little, after breakfast, which was fantastic, I'll go out and meet with some of my friends, we'll talk about the things we've read recently. I get introduced to a friend of theirs who I hit it off with and we plan to go out at night with my friends. I get a call about a job at a company I really want to work at and I accept it. I meet my old bosses and they notice how much Ive changed for the better, they dont say anything but I know they can see it. I feel good that I could show them Im not like what I was like back a few years back. Then we go out to dinner and go see some play or go to a concert and finish off with drinks at a bar, everything on me since Im also celebrating my new job with people I really want to spend time with. We go out dancing and I walk the date home get a goodbye kiss and we plan for another date.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Do you as an INTP generally feel like you identify with the actions and motivations of other INTPs. Even immature, or unhealthy ones?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Do you as an INTP generally feel like you identify with the actions and motivations of other INTPs. Even immature, or unhealthy ones?
    Generally, I'd say yes...but I don't feel the need to engage in long, pointless internet debates, or to prove intellectual superiority. I think for me, there are some INTP behaviors that I observe that I recognize in myself either as an immature behavior or a tendency I make a point to suppress. Those are things that make me cringe when observed in other INTPs, but I still recognize the tendency, even if it was a tendency I grew out of. It bothers me to see pure INTP traits that have not been tempered by any attempt at the development of balance.

I do think there are "flavors" of INTPs, and I identify less with the hardcore Ti ones, even though Ti is definitely my dominant function. I identify more with the NF-y INTPs.
    Something Witty