User Tag List

First 25333435363745 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    INTPs, how would you [try to] entertain a kid?

What would a hypothetical scenario of that nature look like?
    Give it a Nintendo DS.

It would look peaceful.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

I don't know if this question is really suitable for this thread, but what the heck; I'll ask it anyway and you can all burn me at the stake later if you feel like it. So, the question is: if you had romantic feelings towards someone you'd been friends with for years, but lived far away from, and weren't sure if they felt the same way... what would you do about it?
    (This question may or may not be related to circumstances in my own life. Shhh.)

On a less personal note: in a world where you didn't have to work for a living and had everything you needed to survive comfortably, what would you want to do with your life? What would make you happy?
    INFJ 9w1.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Faine View Post
    I don't know if this question is really suitable for this thread, but what the heck; I'll ask it anyway and you can all burn me at the stake later if you feel like it. So, the question is: if you had romantic feelings towards someone you'd been friends with for years, but lived far away from, and weren't sure if they felt the same way... what would you do about it?
    (This question may or may not be related to circumstances in my own life. Shhh.)

On a less personal note: in a world where you didn't have to work for a living and had everything you needed to survive comfortably, what would you want to do with your life? What would make you happy?
    From any long distance, INTP's have no problem being honest about their feelings. The issues arise when the subject of romance is near the INTP. I would be all over the subject('s digital life).

As per the second question. I would likely waste my time on watching movies, masturbation, tv shows, anime's, masturbation, computer games, fantasy novels, masturbation and after all that, some more masturbation would suffice.
    Oh yes, a man can have dreams...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Do INTPs enjoy some of their thoughts grounded down to reality and made into a particular things that can be experienced?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Do INTPs enjoy some of their thoughts grounded down to reality and made into a particular things that can be experienced?
    There will be positive initial shock, definately. But it will be followed by dissappointment. The case is closed, the interest is lost, exit stage right.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

If I really truly felt like "this could be the one for me" and "I would potentially like to be with/settle down with this person", then it has to come to a conclusion at some point. The love letters and stuff would last for a time (and that's all fun and interesting), but Ti/Si demands some sort of conclusion. Ti/Si asks, "OK, so now what? What's going to come out of this?" I've had a long distance friendship before that lasted many years - but I didn't see it quite like "that". Connection was fabulous and all, but for other reasons I knew it wouldn't work. So, I was content to leave it as a friendship. And it stayed that way. But, if I had felt otherwise, I would have said, "OK, so what's next? How shall we proceed? Cuz I'd like to see where this goes."

Also important here is if you all have met and interacted in person yet. If not, then there's still a lot of information to be acquired. He's not going to commit the rest of his days to you without having met you and interacted with you. He's just not going to make that decision with so little information. If, on the other hand, you've already met and were fond of each other in person, then he's got "full information". If he's content to never act on it (and remain at a distance) then he's probably very content being friends and just leaving it at that. If he can no longer be without you, then he would make it a point to be with you. Nervousness or not being sure of himself could possibly delay him getting together with you, but it wouldn't prevent it forever. In other words, if he goes like 1-year without wanting to get closer, maybe that's him figuring things out. But, if he goes more than that, I wouldn't continue holding out. Go date someone else and put your valuable time and energy into someone who is serious about "being with you".
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

No: Someone may ask me how I would fix a certain problem. So, I'll provide a solution (my thoughts). But, I don't necessarily want to be a part of implementing that solution. Sometimes it's up to that person to go ahead and "do the dirty work". In other words, don't expect me to tell you how to solve your problem and to actually solve your problem, especially if I wasn't involved beforehand. If I'm closely connected/involved with the problem in the first place, then yeah, let's roll up our sleeves and fix it. But, if I'm not involved in it at all, then I'll offer my thoughts but you're going to have to do the implementing.

Yes: I have creative ideas, things I work out in my head for the future, etc. It's fun to brainstorm, etc. And it's very easy for the INTP to spend his whole life dreaming and brainstorming and never seeing anything actually come out of it. The brainstorming is fun. The implementation of it is work. So, it's easy for us to never implement. But, at the end of the day, if nothing comes out of our ideas, what the heck is the point of brainstorming? Just for the sake of brainstorming? Even though we do that quite often, it seems strange to me. If we can't bring our thoughts into some sort of practical reality, then they are wasted thoughts.

So, yeah, sometimes we need that nudge from people - to show us how to start bringing our thoughts into reality. The first step would be for the other person to really understand our thoughts, our vision. Then help us nudge forward, asking questions along the way ("Is this how you envisioned it starting to look?"), etc. I'm sure most INTP's would appreciate that nudge and that help in making things more real and tangible, so that we can "see" our ideas turn into real results. The hard part is we don't want to be directed or told what to do. If someone is on the same page with me, I love to collaborate and work together. If not, it feels like friction and I'd rather be left alone with my own thoughts. Yes, we're a strange bunch.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    From any long distance, INTP's have no problem being honest about their feelings. The issues arise when the subject of romance is near the INTP. I would be all over the subject('s digital life).
    Very true.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Very true.
    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    If I really truly felt like "this could be the one for me" and "I would potentially like to be with/settle down with this person", then it has to come to a conclusion at some point. The love letters and stuff would last for a time (and that's all fun and interesting), but Ti/Si demands some sort of conclusion. Ti/Si asks, "OK, so now what? What's going to come out of this?" I've had a long distance friendship before that lasted many years - but I didn't see it quite like "that". Connection was fabulous and all, but for other reasons I knew it wouldn't work. So, I was content to leave it as a friendship. And it stayed that way. But, if I had felt otherwise, I would have said, "OK, so what's next? How shall we proceed? Cuz I'd like to see where this goes."

Also important here is if you all have met and interacted in person yet. If not, then there's still a lot of information to be acquired. He's not going to commit the rest of his days to you without having met you and interacted with you. He's just not going to make that decision with so little information. If, on the other hand, you've already met and were fond of each other in person, then he's got "full information". If he's content to never act on it (and remain at a distance) then he's probably very content being friends and just leaving it at that. If he can no longer be without you, then he would make it a point to be with you. Nervousness or not being sure of himself could possibly delay him getting together with you, but it wouldn't prevent it forever. In other words, if he goes like 1-year without wanting to get closer, maybe that's him figuring things out. But, if he goes more than that, I wouldn't continue holding out. Go date someone else and put your valuable time and energy into someone who is serious about "being with you".
    Thank you for the replies.

So in this purely hypothetical situation... Okay fine, so I may have a tiny bit of interest in an INTP with whom I have been long distance friends with for four/five years now. And by tiny bit I mean a lot. And by a lot I mean I really, really care about him. And by I really, really care about him I mean oh-crap-I'm-being-very-NF-about-this. Anyway, at the moment we have never actually met in person but I've arranged for that to change in a few months time. Would you say that the fact he was enthusiastic about this was a good sign? We speak daily, have done for years. We write together regularly (freeform RP for those who know what it is). We game together. He's supported me through some difficult times and he's effectively described us as soul-mates (in a round-about, totally not soppy way that made me lol). We're always teasing each other and he's always being 'mean' to me. On the rare occasions we fall out things are resolved quickly. We just seem to click.

Obviously, I'm concerned that if he does not feel as I do that I might damage this amazing friendship. He showed interest years ago but backed off when I became involved with an INTJ. That didn't work out for various reasons, one of them being my feelings for this INTP (I am a bad person). It's been a year now since my break up and he and I seem closer than ever. My gut tells me that we might actually be on the same page, that perhaps he has feelings as I do, but is waiting to see how our meet-up goes. That's how I'm playing it for now, that I'll hang on and wait until we've met in person. It seems like the most sensible option. Would you agree with this, or do you think I should make my hopes for something more clearer before I go?

And with that last question I promise I won't threaten to derail this thread into discussions about an INFJ's hopeless love life any further. I recognise that asking for advice and opinion on this sort of thing when you don't know me or the INTP in question is kind of silly, but there you have it. I suppose I am just a tit.

As per the second question. I would likely waste my time on watching movies, masturbation, tv shows, anime's, masturbation, computer games, fantasy novels, masturbation and after all that, some more masturbation would suffice. Oh yes, a man can have dreams...

I get this feeling masturbation is a big thing for you. Call it a hunch.
    My amazing people-reading skills. Right there.

More questions! Random questions!

1. What's your favourite kind of weather and why?
    2. Do you have any pet-peeves when dealing with other people?
    3. Would you consider yourself a nervous sort of person when it comes to dangers that aren't likely to happen?
    4. What do you think of spirituality?
    5. If given the chance to rule the world, would you take it?

Five questions for now. Five is a nice number.
    Last edited by Faine; 05-25-2011 at 05:03 AM.
    INFJ 9w1.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Thank you for the replies.

So in this purely hypothetical situation... Okay fine, so I may have a tiny bit of interest in an INTP with whom I have been long distance friends with for many years now. And by tiny bit I mean a lot. And by a lot I mean I really, really care about him. And by I really, really care about him I mean oh-crap-I'm-being-very-NF-about-this.
    Haha. I hope this goes well for you guys. Hope you all have fun together.

Anyway, at the moment we have never actually met in person but I've arranged for that to change in a few months time. Would you say that the fact he was enthusiastic about this was a good sign?
    I know we're strange, but yes, if he's enthusiastic - that's a good sign! Enthusiasm is good, right?

We speak daily, have done for years. We write together regularly (freeform RP for those who know what it is). We game together. He's supported me through some difficult times and he's effectively described us as soul-mates (in a round-about, totally not soppy way that made me lol). We're always teasing each other and he's always being 'mean' to me. On the rare occasions we fall out things are resolved quickly. We just seem to click.
    That's all good news!

Obviously, I'm concerned that if he does not feel as I do that I might damage this amazing friendship. He showed interest years ago but backed off when I became involved with an INTJ. That didn't work out for various reasons, one of them being my feelings for this INTP (I am a bad person). It's been a year now since my break up and he and I seem closer than ever. My gut tells me that we might actually be on the same page, that perhaps he has feelings as I do, but is waiting to see how our meet-up goes. That's how I'm playing it for now, that I'll hang on and wait until we've met in person. It seems like the most sensible option. Would you agree with this, or do you think I should make my hopes for something more clearer before I go?
    1. At this point, I'd say you guys have enough of a "background" that you should give him an "honest shot". What I mean is, don't date other people or anything like that until the meetup. Show him that you're excited to meet HIM. You're not interested in some other guy, you're interested in him. Make it known that you aren't applying pressure, but that you simply want to make it known that you would like to take a step forward with him. That you care a great deal about him and you would like to move to Step 2. "I really like you! What are your thoughts?" - type of statement.

2. Yes, wait for the meetup and just be yourself. Just be comfortable in your own skin - it will make him more comfortable as well. He'll be able to intuit if you're "putting on a face" and stuff like that or if you're not yourself. It's OK if you're nervous (he probably will be too), but just try to relax and be you. Authenticity! But, the meetup is important for him cuz it's "the missing piece of the puzzle". Remember, we're largely going to do what we believe is logical. Although the thought of meeting a long-distance friend and falling in love is a nice thought, logic says, "Wait a second here. Think about this for a minute. You haven't even interacted with the person in a real, live situation."

And with that last question I promise I won't threatened to derail this thread into discussions about an INFJ's hopeless love life any further. I recognise that asking for advice and opinion on this sort of thing when you don't know me or the INTP in question is kind of silly, but there you have it. I suppose I am just a tit.
    Nah, not silly at all. Good questions. Like I said, hope it goes well for you.

1. What's your favourite kind of weather and why?
    Weather that leaves me unencumbered and uninhibited. The more options I have (for activities), the better. So, 75 degrees, slight breeze, sun shining, no rain. If the weather is not ideal, that's OK, we're good at improvising and dealing with whatever comes up.

2. Do you have any pet-peeves when dealing with other people?
    Closed-mindedness, ignorance, hard-headedness, OK to debate/argue so long as is done with a good spirit, situations in which I have to extrovert for long periods of time. 1-on-1 is much better, especially if I'm meeting you for the first time. The more people in on the conversation, the more I'm going to remain reserved. The more interesting the conversation gets, the more I'm going to open up.

3. Would you consider yourself a nervous sort of person when it comes to dangers that aren't likely to happen?
    Nah. Live life as it comes. Every day I let life present itself to me however it sees fit, and then I react to those circumstances accordingly.

4. What do you think of spirituality?
    One word: For me personally, yes!

5. If given the chance to rule the world, would you take it?
    I'd like to try it for a day. But, in reality, no. It's a struggle to get my underwear on the right way in the morning (stinky side in), so running the world could be problematic.