User Tag List

First 24323334353644 Last

Results 331 to 340 of 664

  1. #331
    Senior Member Xyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    INTPs, how would you [try to] entertain a kid?

    What would a hypothetical scenario of that nature look like?
    Oh man, I'm totally majoring in elementary education starting this fall. I have also successfully written a picture book. I'd probably tell them an enchanting story off the top of my head or play one of the many games I collect. I'm great at playing pretend too. Ne really takes over when kids are involved and makes it all quite fun.

  2. #332
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    INTPs, how would you [try to] entertain a kid?

    What would a hypothetical scenario of that nature look like?
    I like asking teasing questions. I find funny the fact that male kids are so repulsed by girls so I usually ask relative male kids how are they girlfriends.
    They hate it!
    ''I DON'T HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!!!'' sometimes followed by a punch
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  3. #333
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    INTPs, how would you [try to] entertain a kid?

    What would a hypothetical scenario of that nature look like?
    Usually I turn into a bigger child and treat them as a peer - we intps are all about equality eh? I usually act very silly.

  4. #334

    Default

    Haha...awesome. All the INTPs I've known have been GREAT with kids. Seems to really bring out that Ne silliness.

  5. #335
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    INTPs, how would you [try to] entertain a kid?

    Take them outside. Go exploring. Sit down and color with them (I find this neat and oddly relaxing). Beat the snot out of them playing Mario Cart. Sit down with one of those cool coffee table books and look through it with them. Make your own bubble solution and see who can blow the biggest ones. Ball up socks and have a sock battle. Watch old cartoons with them...my kids and I had the best time watching The Tick.

    Yeah, being with kids does bring out the Ne. They love it, too.

  6. #336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    That is a very strange and exotic question to INTP ears, I would say!

    Whether or not something interests other people is completely irrelevant when it comes to judging how interesting it is to me (or probably any INTP).
    I study what interests me. And quite often it is not that I go out and search for it (that happens too of course) but that it finds me, i.e. I stumble upon something that just catches my attention. It interests me. And then I have to know more about it because of this inner need to understand whatever it is I am facing at the moment. It is an inner urge to find out more and to put the pieces together, to know how they relate to each other and how things work. Pure curiosity rather than careful planning.

    Practical use doesn't enter into it.
    At age 31 I still don't have a drivers license (thanks to efficient public transportation I never needed it in all those years) and never learned the rules for any sport. But I can tell you that (by the British legal definition) the difference between a cookie and a cake is that with time the cookie turns soft and the cake turns hard (and that the word cookie comes from the Dutch koekje which means little cake) and that Cardinal Richelieu invented the butter knife because he was afraid of assasins and didn't want anybody armed with a sharp knife to sit at his dinner table!

    That's all trivia you say? Well, I have recently had a phase of several weeks where I read up on Wittgenstein and Russell and positivism and even took the Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus with me on vacation because I wanted to know more about the limits of reason and the neccessity for axiomatic definitions in the logical groundwork of not only mathematics (a field I know nothing about) but in our perception of the world as a whole. That seems to me to be a question of tremendous importance, or at least a very fascinating one!

    Or I might spend hours reading up on the history of, say, Bolivia (just an example, don't test me!). Simply because one thing leads to another. Wikipedia can be as addictive as one of the better seasons of 24 (currently watching the eighth and last one, NO SPOILERS, please!!!).

    In brief: I am aware of the canon and sometimes try to brush up on things I know I should know even though they don't interest me. When neccessity demands it, I can aquire practical knowledge. But when I can have things my way, I'll just take in information on whatever tickles my fancy at the moment, almost indiscriminately: high brow, low brow, history, philosophy, science, politics, recipes for tasty deserts, the biography of Alfred Hitchcock and the influence it had on his work and how that work is interpreted by Zizek (in the Lacanian tradition I am only very vaguely familiar with but want to learn more about, now that I mention it!)

    Hope this helped!

    Okay, bye, gotta go and read up on Lacan.
    You madam, are a goddess! *information drool*

  7. #337
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Haha...awesome. All the INTPs I've known have been GREAT with kids. Seems to really bring out that Ne silliness.
    We really are big kids at heart. Ti is all analytical and precise and junk, but it still wants to work with "fun subjects". Anything that's a drag or saps the fun out of life - we aren't really interested in it. We really just want to have fun all day - just like most NP's (and SP's!). And ENxP's are more likely to use Ne with whomever they come into contact with, but I usually only use it once I see that it would be welcomed by that person. Like if I know I'm dealing with an SJ, I'll mainly use Ti/Si and put on the "tough guy outfit", as they sometimes don't seem receptive to Ne. But, if someone is being funny and goofing around (or if I'm with kids), then Ne feels free to roam around and play.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  8. #338
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    I like playing with kids, but only for so long. I get bored really quickly and want to talk to adults. But for about 30 minutes, I'm great with kids because I treat them like equals and get really silly with them. My favorite kids are toddlers, because at least toddlers are funnier than they are annoying.
    Something Witty

  9. #339
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    ^ I think toddlers are hilarious. If parenting was just about parenting toddlers, I'd want kids for sure. I'm not sure I'd do a good job with an older kid or a teenager though.

    I like playing with and teasing kids as well. I had an ENTP dad who often said odd/false/confusing things to me just to see how I'd react. It annoyed me at the time, but when I got older I started doing the same kind of thing with kids.

  10. #340
    Senior Member esidebill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    INTPs, how would you [try to] entertain a kid?

    What would a hypothetical scenario of that nature look like?
    Kids always seem to be interested by me. I'm not sure if its the height (6'5/6'6) or just my personality. I remember visiting my old kindergarten teacher and the kids took a liking to me, even saying I was on TV! Sadly, I was not on TV. It seems I don't even have to do anything for a kid to be entertained around me. But if I had to, I like doing what they are doing and helping them in whatever it is. If a kid is really enjoying kicking a ball around, then damn it we will kick that ball around.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Ask an INTP anything!
    By Methylene in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-31-2016, 02:24 PM
  2. [INTP] Ask an INTP!
    By The_World_As_Will in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 02:10 PM
  3. [INTP] Ask an INTP
    By Such Irony in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 12:39 AM
  4. [INTP] Don't ask an INTP.
    By Blank in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 05:20 PM
  5. Ask an INTP and get told
    By The Decline in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 12:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO