User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    I'd like to compose an original symphony but I'm crap at writing enough suitable melodies and linking them together. What do you INTPs think I should do?
    I have no idea, but just to give some food for thought:
    ''The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.'' -Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    I'd like to compose an original symphony but I'm crap at writing enough suitable melodies and linking them together. What do you INTPs think I should do?
    Just click your mouse wildly all over an open document in Finalé note pad or some such program. Symphony writes itself and you have made very modernist music . Or pull a John Cage and just score silence
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    What is the least awkward place to get an INTP to meet up with you if you haven't seen eachother in years?
    the bedroom?

ahhaha. i'm kidding.

what does he like? science? music? art? etc... meet up there so he is in his comfy zone.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    the bedroom?

ahhaha. i'm kidding.

what does he like? science? music? art? etc... meet up there so he is in his comfy zone.
    HAHAHA, oh I'm sure the bedroom would be his ideal.. unfortunately.... no.

I was thinking about a bar that he occasionally goes to, that plays live music and has apx 30-40 people in it at night. I know I won't have a problem talking to him, but he is extremely introverted.. and I hate putting pressure on him to socialize. If I take him to a bar and it gets awkward for him or he feels put on the spot, I can always chat with other people to take the spotlight off him. What do you think?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Anew Leaf

HAHAHA, oh I'm sure the bedroom would be his ideal.. unfortunately.... no.

I was thinking about a bar that he occasionally goes to, that plays live music and has apx 30-40 people in it at night. I know I won't have a problem talking to him, but he is extremely introverted.. and I hate putting pressure on him to socialize. If I take him to a bar and it gets awkward for him or he feels put on the spot, I can always chat with other people to take the spotlight off him. What do you think?
    Hmm, I dunno! Introverts like spending quiet, one-on-one time with people. I think I would personally be annoyed (ok, I would be totally annoyed) if the purpose was given as having dinner together... and then my friend/date started randomly talking to strangers because I was taking awhile to reply.

And hey look, I hijacked yet another thread! >.> /skedaddles.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Hmm, I dunno! Introverts like spending quiet, one-on-one time with people. I think I would personally be annoyed (ok, I would be totally annoyed) if the purpose was given as having dinner together... and then my friend/date started randomly talking to strangers because I was taking awhile to reply.

And hey look, I hijacked yet another thread! >.> /skedaddles.
    Its cool! It's not meant to be a "lets hook up I'm interested in you" deal. We tried that along time ago, no bueno. Its more of a "hey.. you were a cool friend and we lost touch.. lets catch up" deal. He keeps indirectly asking me to, but I want to send clear signals of *just friends*.

Anew Leaf

Its cool! It's not meant to be a "lets hook up I'm interested in you" deal. We tried that along time ago, no bueno. Its more of a "hey.. you were a cool friend and we lost touch.. lets catch up" deal. He keeps indirectly asking me to, but I want to send clear signals of *just friends*.
    Ah, I've been there... The day before Valentine's Day I went to the science museum with a friend of mine. (We've been friends for about 14 years now, and in the beginning he was interested in dating me, but I said no.) I am always on the alert to not give the wrong impression about why we are hanging out. (Not that I think I am all that and a bag of doritos, but I hate being lead on myself.) Anyways, we go to this fancy restaurant and the server chick assumes we are dating:

Server: Ohhhh romantic dinner for 2 I see for Valentine's Day?
    Me (head): Motherfucker! Why did I have to see the science museum today of all days!!
    Me (mouth): Nope, just having dinner. *Looks down sternly at menu*
    Server: Oh.... Ok.... Um... So Um... yeah....

It was awkward enough sharing dessert at the end. Sharing a dessert with a non-date designated male always makes me stare at where they are eating so I can eat on the opposite side. I get weird about the idea of our saliva mingling even through the medium of cake.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Ah, I've been there... The day before Valentine's Day I went to the science museum with a friend of mine. (We've been friends for about 14 years now, and in the beginning he was interested in dating me, but I said no.) I am always on the alert to not give the wrong impression about why we are hanging out. (Not that I think I am all that and a bag of doritos, but I hate being lead on myself.) Anyways, we go to this fancy restaurant and the server chick assumes we are dating:

Server: Ohhhh romantic dinner for 2 I see for Valentine's Day?
    Me (head): Motherfucker! Why did I have to see the science museum today of all days!!
    Me (mouth): Nope, just having dinner. *Looks down sternly at menu*
    Server: Oh.... Ok.... Um... So Um... yeah....

It was awkward enough sharing dessert at the end. Sharing a dessert with a non-date designated male always makes me stare at where they are eating so I can eat on the opposite side. I get weird about the idea of our saliva mingling even through the medium of cake.
    Ah Saturned, you are a funny girl!

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

And you are scared he wont get the "hey.. you were a cool friend and we lost touch.. lets catch up"? Really?

Even if you add the phrase: "I only want to be your friend and have no romantic feelings for you"?

If hes got good deduction skills Im pretty sure he'll get what you mean. If not I dont understand why you want him as a friend.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    And you are scared he wont get the "hey.. you were a cool friend and we lost touch.. lets catch up"? Really?

Even if you add the phrase: "I only want to be your friend and have no romantic feelings for you"?

If hes got good deduction skills Im pretty sure he'll get what you mean. If not I dont understand why you want him as a friend.
    Uh, its been aloong time. Probably 7-8 yrs. I am pretty sure that he gets its just a friend thing. I don't want to have to come out and say this if its not necessary. I find that a bit rude. What if he gets it, and then I go and say something like that, then he compulsively analyzes why I felt the need to make the clarification, then it becomes AWKWARD, and there goes the friendship.....