User Tag List

First 614151617182666 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by md5fungi View Post
    - Being an INTP lets you make the most out of learning. Learning things is invigorating, and an INTP will eagerly devour new information, new problems, and is constantly formulating systems to process this information and these problems. Thus learning is a very easy process for the INTP and comes naturally. Theorizing and analyzing are second nature.
    FUCK YEAH!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by quamdel View Post
    I have a few INTP ?'s
    Bear with me.
    Ahem.

Have you ever tried to daydream to a favorite song? Isn't it the shit!?

What do you do with your spare ideas? I sometimes write them down, and sometimes I just let them slip away, hoping I can retrace my steps later.

How do you deal with small talk? (Responding with random big talk is hilarious)

What zaps your energy the most? My ENFJ and ENFP roommates are good at this.
    Fun questions!

Yes, I love daydreaming with certain songs as "soundtracks", it's brilliant! I love imagining things in slo-mo with some really epic music to go along with it. Sometimes when actually listening to a song on my mp3 I'll imagine situations that the song would make a good soundtrack for etc, tis a good way to pass time

Spare ideas tend to get lost unfortunately I usually think of them when I'm away from pen&paper, and vow to remember them, but alas...

As for small talk, I love to take something the other person said and reply literally (out of context) to see their expressions! Making up really elaborate, completely fictitious replies can also be amusing (as in very obvious lies: "Yeah tv licenses are for when you want to bring your tv for a walk." ). Occasionally I ask people in a mock-serious voice, "So, tell me about your childhood." It usually gets a few laughs

Being out with very loud people for rather extended periods of time. Or very dull people who are all about the small talk, and none of my escape routes work.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
    Why are INTP's so absent minded that most people think they've got some form of mental retardation?
    LOL...my girlfriend asked me the same thing the other night!

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I like how there are three of these threads. The second and third both mention the previous, but never mind enough to bring it to the forefront.

If an INTP has emotionally closed off from themselves, to the point of being unable to self-reflect, what would be an ideal tactic(s) for enabling rediscovery?

How far would you personally have to be pushed to exude an ESxP front?
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

I keep hearing how INTPs are fast learners. I've had some chance to witness this first-hand. So, my question is to what things does this ability apply and to what things is it exempt? Your responses are very relevant to my interests.

Thanks in advance.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I like how there are three of these threads. The second and third both mention the previous, but never mind enough to bring it to the forefront.

If an INTP has emotionally closed off from themselves, to the point of being unable to self-reflect, what would be an ideal tactic(s) for enabling rediscovery?

How far would you personally have to be pushed to exude an ESxP front?
    I'll start a 4th thread tomorrow. Just because.

I'm not exactly sure if I get your questions. I feel as though I'm always "able" to self-reflect - I sort of live in that place. You know how people say INTP's are in their head all the time? We do a lot of that self-reflecting stuff. That doesn't mean we're not hard-headed or stubborn when someone tells us we're doing something wrong. But, there's only been a few times in my life where I've needed someone to *shake the crap out of me* and say, "Hey, wake up! Look what you're doing! This doesn't make any sense what you're doing with yourself" (if that's what you're asking). And that's basically what it takes to get me to a new place. Someone has to present it firmly to me. Like ENTJ style. And then I'll go, "Oh yeah, I really am acting like a doofus. Let me go ahead and snap out of this funk and go in a different direction."

And your last question. To exude an ESxP front? What exactly does an ESxP front look like? I mean, I've jumped out of a plane before, I've gone skiing on some pretty crazy slopes, I water ski, etc. I'm into those kind of things, but I'm not a thrill-seeker per se if that's what you're getting at.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I keep hearing how INTPs are fast learners. I've had some chance to witness this first-hand. So, my question is to what things does this ability apply and to what things is it exempt? Your responses are very relevant to my interests.

Thanks in advance.
    Very simply, if we become interested in something, we will devour it. Whether it be a new subject in school, a new book in which the first few pages have caught our attention, a new sport that we become interested in, learning an instrument, learning about someone, anything really. The key for me is that I'm hungry for it. If I'm not hungry for it, then it's like, "Meh, whatever." But, if someone turns me on to something new and I'm totally intrigued by it, I will literally spend every free hour consuming it until I believe I have a good grasp of it. An example that comes to mind is a buddy of mine played tennis in high school. He invited me to play, so I went and played with him for a couple hours. I had a blast. I went that night and bought a really nice racket and some balls and started just showing up at the park and hitting against the wall, when someone would show up, I would ask them if they wanted to play a game, etc. One time a high school coach showed up and I played with him and he showed me some things. I went every single day after work and played and played. A few weeks later, I played against my friend again and I beat him. He was like, "What the...??? How did this happen?"

Same goes with school subjects. If I took a class in college that bored me to tears, it was brutal getting through the class cuz I didn't care to put forth the effort. But, if I got turned on to the subject - if that light switch inside me got turned on - I would read the textbook in the first couple weeks of class and do all kinds of supplemental reading on my own and learn the subject inside and out, backwards and forwards and then get bored again cuz the teacher would be teaching about stuff I had already eaten for dinner last night.

It's somewhat rare for this to happen, but I'm sure other INTP's can attest that when it does happen, it's very exciting and fun. I've been so wrapped up in something before, that I'd come home from work on a Friday afternoon and the next thing I knew it was late Sunday night and I had to start thinking about Monday morning again, so I had to put it down. Such a sad moment. LOL.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I'll start a 4th thread tomorrow. Just because.

I'm not exactly sure if I get your questions. I feel as though I'm always "able" to self-reflect - I sort of live in that place. You know how people say INTP's are in their head all the time? We do a lot of that self-reflecting stuff. That doesn't mean we're not hard-headed or stubborn when someone tells us we're doing something wrong. But, there's only been a few times in my life where I've needed someone to *shake the crap out of me* and say, "Hey, wake up! Look what you're doing! This doesn't make any sense what you're doing with yourself" (if that's what you're asking). And that's basically what it takes to get me to a new place. Someone has to present it firmly to me. Like ENTJ style. And then I'll go, "Oh yeah, I really am acting like a doofus. Let me go ahead and snap out of this funk and go in a different direction."

And your last question. To exude an ESxP front? What exactly does an ESxP front look like? I mean, I've jumped out of a plane before, I've gone skiing on some pretty crazy slopes, I water ski, etc. I'm into those kind of things, but I'm not a thrill-seeker per se if that's what you're getting at.
    Oh jeez I hadn't really looked at your avatar earlier, but the intp I'm on about has a picture of Chris Hansen on one of his profiles. Next question: The significance, if any? lol

Mm I should have mentioned my questions are entwined in a way. The INTP I know has been so caught up in perceiving his character as negative, and living up to the expectations of living in bad areas, that he has shut off from himself. This is further helped along by years of substance abuse. When he does attempt to self-reflect, it depresses him immensely. Normally, people put up walls between other people and who they really are, but his walls begin between who he is and himself.
    My ENFJ ass is always subtly looking for ways to guide him, but he's not the usual creature I deal in.

In turn, he has developed an ESxP front (I'm thinking ESFP). He won't want to be around others, especially not for extended periods of time. He won't want to party extensively or entertain to no end. However, he feels that people with begin to inquire if he doesn't keep up appearances. He has also expressed that, in doing so many outlandish activities over the years, few activities excite him anymore. Inevitably, life does not excite him much these days.
    So I wonder what it would take to drive INTPs to such points, as it may give better insight in reversing the process. That and how to not step heavily on spots that would make an INTP recoil.

I do forget how active you folks can be, actually
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Anew Leaf

Question: If an INTP were to be caught "grinning" what would happen?

A. The four horsemen of the Apocalypse.
    B. Look into this penlight. *Flash*
    C. I was actually practicing my frowning for when I move to the Upside Down Cake planet.
    D. *Eyes focused on something else far off into the dreamy distance.*

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Our minds are active, more than anything else. Always going a million miles an hour. I don't have time to give you the long answer at the moment (I have to sign off here in a moment), but it sounds to me as though he has lost his zest for life. He's giving up. I personally think it is CRUCIAL for INTP's to have something that they can really dive into and make a difference in the world, in people's lives, or in something bigger than themselves (doing cancer research, starting a business, writing a book, something along these lines). Otherwise, without something truly challenging, truly worth undertaking, it's real easy to "check out" mentally and just kind of go "Ho hum. I'm just going to sit on the sidelines for the next 60 years." That type of mentality and outlook is always dangerously close for the INTP. He's got to stay involved in a project, in something meaningful. Whatever it is that has interested him since he was young (his "first love" so to speak, whether it be books or science or writing music, whatever), he's got to return to that and just live in it. Just bathe in it. Allow himself to be that person and he'll become very good at it and he'll love what he does. It takes some work though. A little dedication.