• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Ask an INTP thread!?

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Schoenberg might sound crap but all his music is very delicately and precisely put together :(. And go play your silence somewhere else! :laugh:

Anyway, my point was that systematisation doesn't preclude creativity. And systematisation doesn't have to mean serialism. Music is primarily about taste and Schoenberg was acting in poor taste.

PS, the people at intjforum have claimed him as one of their own. Do you agree?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
He's certainly very systematic and absolute when it comes to creation of music, so yeah I could peg him as an INTJ. Maybe ISTJ though. They really love their systems.

Schoenberg was trying to do something very different though by acting outside already existing rules and boundaries of composition (though these have always been stretched ever since composition became a concept in its own right). His problem was that he created an entirely new method for cobbling notes together that was far more rigid and aesthetically unpleasing than what has gone before. Instead of freeing composition he bound it tightly. He did succeed in fathering a system that requires no inkling of creativity whatsoever though, and for that he may have earned the INTJ label :laugh:

A

Anew Leaf

As long as they are surrounded by a great team of scientists who are able to incorporate said contraptions.......................then, sure, they should be able to spout off at the mouth all they want. But, this is very much a "hypothetical" question you pose here - because most of the time the INTP will indeed be an expert on whatever they are talking about. Your hypotheticals are really starting to turn a very straightforward, realistic thread into something that is so far out, people are going to lose interest. For the sake of our readers, please try to keep future questions in the realm of reality please. You're really "reaching" with some of these questions.

No. It's impossible for an INTP to still be an INTP.

Highly unlikely, but I hear that it does happen occasionally in some mutants.

When we're children we might dabble in science fiction, but when one becomes a man, he must focus solely on reality and real-world applications.

Question #23: Do INTPs feel the need to "Get back on track?" when a conversation is being derailed?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Question #23: Do INTPs feel the need to "Get back on track?" when a conversation is being derailed?

Sometimes, when the conversation goes off on a boring tangent.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

*looks around to see if anyone is listening* :ninja:

whispers: Nah, it's OK. You can derail it this time if you want. It's cool.

*bites nails nervously*

G

Glycerine

Our combination of logical analysis paired with original insights is hard to surpass.
You rock like no other. :) On random note, I got to party with several NPs the last couple of days. You guys are so much fun.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What makes INTPs so awesome?

Awesomeness is in the eye of the beholder. You should start a campaign for us - letting everyone know about the awesomeness. Like a "social awareness" campaign on our behalf.

G

Glycerine

Awesomeness is in the eye of the beholder. You should start a campaign for us - letting everyone know about the awesomeness. Like a "social awareness" campaign on our behalf.

INTPs are awesome you'll see.
Only the people in the know, the cool ones, are we
Their aloofness, wit, and charm make them the envy
of those who don't see them like me
So please don't flee
Because once you had tea
With an INTP
You'll be happy as can be
Yippee
INTP

That's my second ever completed poem in my life. :)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTPs are awesome you'll see.
Only the people in the know, the cool ones, are we
Their aloofness, wit, and charm make them the envy
of those who don't see them like me
So please don't flee
Because once you had tea
With an INTP
You'll be happy as can be
Yippee
INTP

That's my second ever completed poem in my life. :)

Nice. I think the word is starting to get out now about our awesomeness.

A

Anew Leaf

Uh oh. Thread is being derailed!!!

Question #24: do INTPs like ponies?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
LOL @ the video. But, who says we have to be white? Or.....nerdy? I can beat you at checkers or bowling.........but, I can also beat you at football and basketball. I can beat you at Astronomy and Fissicks, but I can also beat you at being gangsta.

OK, maybe there's one little white lie in there somewhere.

G

Glycerine

LOL @ the video. But, who says we have to be white? Or.....nerdy? I can beat you at checkers or bowling.........but, I can also beat you at football and basketball. I can beat you at Astronomy and Fissicks, but I can also beat you at being gangsta.

OK, maybe there's one little white lie in there.
You are funny. I am sure you can beat a physically handicapped 4' 10, 90 pound Asian female at football and being gangsta. :rofl1:

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
LOVE PONIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOVE THEM-LOVE THEM-LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wubbie: