User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    Q's:
    Do you find other Ti users can "mirror" your thoughts accurately or think the same thing you would in a situation-like Fi users mirror feelings? (I have seen a few "get out of my head" comments that may be indicative of this)
    The thought process is what is similar with other Ti users. I find that we can disagree with each other's conclusion, and yet we can follow each other's thought process. The things that I say in a normal "discussion" with another TP could easily turn into an argument with someone else, because they don't understand how I'm reasoning.

Does Ti "feel" the conclusions it reaches are "right" the way Fi does? (Feel may not be the best word choice)

If you reach a logical conclusion does it "feel" correct?

What input is required to change the answer?

What time frame is involved in changing the answer?

A conclusion is only correct given that the assumptions are correct. I'm never 100% certain that the assumptions are correct. However I am 100% that the conclusions are correct if the assumptions are correct.

Ti makes me love Truth, but at the same time I think that ultimate truth is ultimately unknowable. Instead I have degrees of certainty. I think this might be what makes me as an ENTP different from an INTP. I don't have one big framework that tries to fit everything together. Instead Ne creates a lot of different scenarios and Ti determines how each scenario will turn out.

Everything I believe is just my best guess, but Ti works out the conclusions to different scenarios based on these guesses. Sometimes I "feel" my best guess has 99% certainty of being true, and other times I might only think it has a 55% certainty. As I get new information I'm constantly reevaluating how much certainty I have to each assumption. If I become confident in a new assumption then I start believing scenario B is true rather than the old scenario A, but scenario B is often worked out to some degree beforehand by Ti.

With Ti I really don't "feel" anything is correct. It's just my best guess. But the "best guess" with Ti is more accurate than the "sure thing" of the other functions.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post

That's interesting that the relationship isn't symmetric. It does seem like the nature of the functions themselves play a role in what the effect is of having a certain function in given slot (like tertiary, auxiliary or whatever).

Thanks for your responses. It's interesting to hear about Ti from a Ti-dom's perspective.
    I think this is an interesting topic and I don't really see that much about it. I've wondered how Fe doms work inferior Ti into their lives, and from the responses I've gotten it seems to be far less conflicting of a process than my Fe us.

Contrary to what Fluffy says, I do think Ti manifests itself differently in different positions, like for INTPs and ENTPs.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Contrary to what Fluffy says, I do think Ti manifests itself differently in different positions, like for INTPs and ENTPs.
    I agree it works different in any other type but INTPs and ENTPs and that only for INTPs and ENTPs it is very similar. With the slight different that it is differently orchestrated. Whereas Ti in other types then to -only- be used as a tool or a form of support, like the reserve army. Whereas INTPs and ENTPs use Ti in a much more advanced manner. With it being part of the main army. INTP's the spearhead, ENTP's the Archers. :P

Pardon the fairly lame analogy, I seem to enjoy it.

Ti itself seems a very unchanging cognative function. It only does a particular thing and can't really be used any differently. It only differs in how much you use it and to what end. And only INTPs and ENTPs rely on it greatly.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I agree it works different in any other type but INTPs and ENTPs and that only for INTPs and ENTPs it is very similar. With the slight different that it is differently orchestrated. Whereas Ti in other types then to -only- be used as a tool or a form of support, like the reserve army. Whereas INTPs and ENTPs use Ti in a much more advanced manner. With it being part of the main army. INTP's the spearhead, ENTP's the Archers. :P

Ti itself seems a very unchanging cognative function. It only does a particular thing and can't really be used any differently. It only differs in how much you use it and to what end. And only INTPs and ENTPs rely on it greatly.
    This I can agree with, especially its prominence in NTPs. I do think Ns in general rely more on their judging functions than Ss do, but this is more of a raw observation I've made at this point and is just anecdotal.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I think this is an interesting topic and I don't really see that much about it. I've wondered how Fe doms work inferior Ti into their lives, and from the responses I've gotten it seems to be far less conflicting of a process than my Fe us.
    I agree it's an interesting topic. In some ways, it's frustrating to only have one subjective view on things. Makes it kind of impossible to tease apart how much of the nature of my relationship to a function is because of the nature of the function itself, its slot/ranking or some interplay of the two. That's one reason I have a hard time related to Beebe's archetypal labels for the shadow functions, I think. (But that's another topic entirely.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post

Bah! I like it. (Like a NF is going to go hating on an analogy.)

For me, feels like Ti is always waiting in the wings to step in (still in a support role, but a very prominent one and more visible on a daily basis at work than my Fi is). I don't think that's typical for all INFPs.

I also find the question of compartmentalizing interesting. My dad, an ESTJ, can apply one principle/criterion on one context, and a conflicting principle/criterion in another, yet suffers no apparent cognitive dissonance. It seems wildly inconsistent from my perspective. I assumed that was the nature of Te, but now I'm not so sure. Sounds like it may be some introversion/extraversion (perhaps with some Je/Ji interaction). Maybe being more extraverted and being better at adapting to reality makes one more tolerant of that kind of thing.

MBTI
    ENFP

... So I take it then, that Fi is shallow and pendantic?
    *leans back in chair ignorantly with a smug smile*
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleboy View Post
    ... So I take it then, that Fi is shallow and pendantic?
    *leans back in chair ignorantly with a smug smile*
    If I didn't know any better, it would appear more of an ENFP trait at the moment. Being shallow and pedantic, that is.

MBTI
    ENFP

Damnit I can't find the youtube clip I was quoting. Though I'm fine with being shallow and pedantic. Sounds cooler than lazy.
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Damnit I can't find the youtube clip I was quoting. Though I'm fine with being shallow and pedantic. Sounds cooler than lazy.
    It's a good thing I do know better, ya lazy bum.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I found this one but it's not good quality.

[youtube=nq64IAgsqmk]Shallow and pedantic[/youtube]
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com